I've not seen this discussed before and couldn't find relevant information with a search so here is the issue:

Battery life had been great until I installed the free "Battery Watch" app from S4bb. Immediate degradation of battery life, up to a 15% loss overnight even in Airplane mode. Before app installation, an overnight loss would be 2-5%. So I deleted it by touching the icon until the trash can appeared and clicking the can. Should I have deleted it some other way? Is it still resident?

It does not show up in Installed or Uninstalled apps in My World. It does not show up in DDPB. App was installed using App World.

Any help would be appreciated as it's frustrating the heck out of me to have the battery drain this severe.
    04-16-12 12:21 PM
    It should show as uninstalled in AppWorld/Uninstalled. You might have to refresh to see it there. The app will no longer be working unless you re-install.
    If you want a super great battery watcher, get the Battery Guru!

Also reboot your PB.... use the power BUTTON hold it down for 10 seconds and let it rest for at least 5 min.
    rotorwrench and peter9477 like this.
    04-16-12 12:29 PM
    If you have an android launcher go into settings, applications and find the app, press the icon and options will appear along with stats and one of the options is to uninstall.

Do that and your good to go.
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-16-12 12:34 PM
    Thanks BB !! I forgot about the Android thingie.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    04-16-12 12:36 PM
    Yes you'll come to this section in the settings and as you can see the uninstall button is right there top right corner
    04-16-12 12:45 PM
    Okay, I see now that it's still on my playbook. I found it by looking at my only other android app and doing a bottom center to upper left swipe. Under settings, there is no place to uninstall it.

Now trying shutting it down via power button (I usually don't power it down and never via this method).
    04-16-12 12:58 PM
    Settings/ applications /manage applications, find your desired application and press uninstall.
    04-16-12 02:36 PM
    I must be an - but I don't know how to get to those settings. What I did do was reinstall the offending app from App World, then delete it. Now it's gone from where I saw it before. Thanks for the help everyone.

Edit - I noticed that I cannot call myself what I did or the censorbot gets it. Interesting!
    04-16-12 03:34 PM
    Also, get in touch with S4BB. I'm sure they'd like to know that you are having trouble.
    04-16-12 03:39 PM
    I must be an - but I don't know how to get to those settings. What I did do was reinstall the offending app from App World, then delete it. Now it's gone from where I saw it before. Thanks for the help everyone.

Edit - I noticed that I cannot call myself what I did or the censorbot gets it. Interesting!
    What happens if I use the word and/or ?

I wish it would use another form of censorship. Currently it totally removes the word making some sentences odd. At least if it inserted xxx's or ***'s, the reader would know something was removed. I've seen a few of threads where you have to read twice to realize the CENSOR has hacked the word again.
    Last edited by F2; 04-16-12 at 06:04 PM.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-16-12 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD