I managed to get 2.0 installed and the android player to work. i've installed some .bar apps. two work but the others crash and close. I realize that 2.0 is beta but anyone have success in getting if not all their apps they installed to work? What would I be doing wrong? I'm using DDPB
    12-07-11 08:40 AM
    have the .bar files been digitally signed?
    12-07-11 11:43 AM
    have the .bar files been digitally signed?
    I assume it is. this is the filename that was downloaded. "sys.android.bar" I got it from a link here in the forum so i'm assuming it is. If it's not, how do i digitally sign it?
    12-07-11 03:16 PM
    the android player is already on OS v2, the PB doesn't seem to like having the 2 players on at the same time. I did the same thing as you and ended up wiping going back to 1.x then back again to v2.
    12-07-11 03:39 PM
    the android player is already on OS v2, the PB doesn't seem to like having the 2 players on at the same time. I did the same thing as you and ended up wiping going back to 1.x then back again to v2.
    oh wow. had no clue. Thanks! I'll see what happens.
    12-07-11 03:42 PM
    I assume it is. this is the filename that was downloaded. "sys.android.bar" I got it from a link here in the forum so i'm assuming it is. If it's not, how do i digitally sign it?
    Sorry but u have installed the old android player. This is not good as version 2.0 has the android player built into this version. Try removing it with the program u installed it . If that does not work u will have to wipe and reinstall os . You need to wait 24 hours after installing 2.0 to go back to 1.8
    12-07-11 03:47 PM
    Sorry but u have installed the old android player. This is not good as version 2.0 has the android player built into this version. Try removing it with the program u installed it . If that does not work u will have to wipe and reinstall os . You need to wait 24 hours after installing 2.0 to go back to 1.8
    will i be ok if i already did a wipe on 2.0 and then tried again? at the moment i have the browser and the setup icon.
    Last edited by digitallure; 12-07-11 at 05:31 PM.
    12-07-11 05:27 PM
    will i be ok if i already did a wipe on 2.0 and then tried again? at the moment i have the browser and the setup icon.
    Ok so You have wiped and OS2.0 has reinstalled but all that you have is the browser and setup icon, if this is correct then follow this link.
    http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/11/downgrade-playbook-os/
    Your playbook will reinstall the OS 1.8 as per out of box. If you have made a back up then once up you can re install all your apps. If not no big deal you will have to reinstall apps one by one from app world including paid apps. If you decide to try OS2.0 again just reregister for 2.0 and only install bar files for individual apps like mail games etc the links for these can be found under this link (note thanks to all who made this possible)

http://forums.crackberry.com/android-app-sideloading-f258/os-2-0-beta-android-apps-apks-bars-tested-confirmed-failed-testing-converting-662497-new/
    12-07-11 07:30 PM
    Ok so You have wiped and OS2.0 has reinstalled but all that you have is the browser and setup icon, if this is correct then follow this link.
    How to restore your BlackBerry PlayBook OS to the current version (v1.0.7) if you’ve installed the Developer Beta OS (v2.0) Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    Your playbook will reinstall the OS 1.8 as per out of box. If you have made a back up then once up you can re install all your apps. If not no big deal you will have to reinstall apps one by one from app world including paid apps. If you decide to try OS2.0 again just reregister for 2.0 and only install bar files for individual apps like mail games etc the links for these can be found under this link (note thanks to all who made this possible)

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ng-662497-new/
    thanks! Gonna work on it now.
    12-08-11 11:28 AM
    I went straight from 1.0.7 with no android player to 2 beta and many apps still regularly crash for me.
    12-08-11 03:52 PM
    hi,
    I just updated my pb to OS 2.0 and installed the Android Player. But after i installed it, i tried opening it, but it just keeps crashing and refuses to open. help?
    12-14-11 04:34 PM
    Don't ask me why I don't get involved with Beta anything on my computers.
    12-14-11 05:28 PM
    02-26-12 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD