Would someone explain to me (an admitted dummie) how to get this app to work so that my Playbook does not time out. I have emailed the developer, but have not gotten a response.

thks in advance
    11-21-12 10:04 AM
    Apps that purport to prevent default time out behaviour are currently under severe restrictions because there are no APIs for controlling system-wide settings. Basically an app can prevent itself from being timed out while it is running in the foreground but it cannot override the system setting if another app is running full-screen. If the device is running in showcase mode, an app can prevent timeouts as long as any part of the app is showing on the screen. This can be helpful, for example, if you are doing a long-running download in the browser and you want to override the systems default time out. In this case, you must minimize the browser and make sure that the the "Backlight Override" app is also showing on the screen.
    11-21-12 11:06 AM
    Thks

It was my understanding that as long as it was running in the background in showcase mode it worked.
    11-21-12 12:35 PM