ok it's been a while since the release of the playbook. Wtf is going on with this thing that is only good for browsing. This qnx is trash. There hasn't been 1 single usfull app for it so far. Yeah there are some usfull ones that come in handy but they are mostly utilities that should have came standard with the thing.

I'm starting to regret getting this over priced tablet. W7 tablets seem to be the way to go.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 07-31-11 at 09:15 AM. Reason: language
    07-31-11 04:01 AM
    Although I really don't agree with you (there some great apps around and I thank the people who worked hard on making them), I've got some advice for you:
    Sell it and buy yourself a W7 tablet quick!

To quote the great NWA:
    "One less nagger you gotta worry about
    He's outa here and that's how it turns out"
    07-31-11 07:44 AM
    Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

From 6/27:

I'm happy as I could be with my Blackberry Bold 9780 and my 32 gig PlayBook.

Most of the people talking S can't afford a playbook so they talk their S to try and justify not buying one. Since I got the playbook I haven't touched my netbook. Yeah it's kind of underdeveloped softwar/app wise but give it a couple more months and it will be rectified.
    07-31-11 09:14 AM
    I feel your pain. I thought, when I purchased my PB, that by August it would
    have some of the items it lacked on launch day.

So far, none of the items have arrived. both native and third party wise.

Starting to get concerned that RIM can no longer support it properly
    and produce phones at the same time.

Tim
    07-31-11 09:30 AM
    ok it's been a while since the release of the playbook. Wtf is going on with this thing that is only good for browsing. This qnx is trash. There hasn't been 1 single usfull app for it so far. Yeah there are some usfull ones that come in handy but they are mostly utilities that should have came standard with the thing.

I'm starting to regret getting this over priced tablet. W7 tablets seem to be the way to go.
    No offence, but the way you wrote your post, you sound like the grumpiest troll ever. You sound so miserable with this tablet unlike thousands of others. I don't think the tablet is the problem.

1) Do windows 7 tablets REALLY have more tablet apps than the playbook? Really? Only if they include their phone apps do they have more.

2) QNX is not trash. It happens to be a very proven and efficient OS, moreso than any other tablet OS.

3) "There hasn't been 1 single usfull app for it so far. Yeah there are some usfull ones that come in handy..." Bahahahah, enough said.

4) Overpriced because you don't have the pay for any document editing software, no extra data plan for it when you have a blackberry and its same price as most tablets??? It's actually pretty cheap with the staples 100$ off coupon.

It really sounds like this is not the tablet for you.

Save yourself any more pain and buy another one you will be happy with.
    bquinney likes this.
    07-31-11 10:51 AM
    Please name me one good app or game besides Tetris and NFS.

LOL serious.... I'll be playing the highly advanced PAPER PLANES and BUBBLE POP while waiting on a response.
    08-01-11 12:53 AM

From 6/27:

yeah just fed up I thought that this thing would be running android by now because I really need a DJ program and the app to down load torrents.

I've bought around 10 apps/games and they just don't impress me besides the wallet one/organizer...

they dropped the ball....
    08-01-11 01:00 AM
    Because there's no DJ app?
    08-01-11 01:11 AM
    Bud, I don't have a PB, but I'll have my research staff get back to you. Something tells me a DJ app isn't going to be on the list.

My interest was in your complete turnabout in one month.
    08-01-11 01:32 AM
    Bud, I don't have a PB, but I'll have my research staff get back to you. Something tells me a DJ app isn't going to be on the list.

My interest was in your complete turnabout in one month.
    08-01-11 01:33 AM
    You could load up the leaked Android Player if you want!
    08-01-11 02:32 AM

Once you hit 100 posts you could sell your PB here in the Marketplace.
    08-01-11 04:12 AM
    LOL, sux to be you. I spent a ton of time today playing some battle smash game where you smack a nerd for distance. Simple yet addictive. Right now, its hooked up to the bedroom tv and my wife is browsing some... Someone's calling... gotta go...
    chiefbroski likes this.
    08-01-11 04:20 AM

From 6/27:
    Ya this was too funny...
    08-01-11 11:14 AM

LOL serious.... I'll be playing the highly advanced PAPER PLANES and BUBBLE POP while waiting on a response.
    So all you care about is games....?

Browser
    Bridge browser! No extra mobile contract or payment!
    All the bridge apps...tight integration to my BB handset.
    Kobo reader
    Magellan GPS app
    Facebook 2.0
    Weather Eye
    Gmail

On top of this there's the stability of the OS [far, far from being 'trash'] and the quality of the display, as well as the responsiveness of the UI.

Sport, if you don't think your Playbook is a good value, please sell it or give it away to somebody who'll appreciate it. There's sure stuff to complain about, and we sure do complain lots, but we complain because we want to see a good device become a great one. If you don't think it's any good for you, please get rid of it and find to a happier place to be.
    08-01-11 03:49 PM
    ^ not one of those are impressive and they should all be standard.

The playbook is a great piece of hardware but its software is so under developed that it isn't funny.

I will hold on to it and use it simply for the browser when I'm in bed googling random things or watching movies. But if the android browser doesn't forfill what its lacking I will give it to a family member or something.

The only app I found that is usefull is "password wallet" I recommend it.

Mark my words windows based tablets will continue to out sell and perform this playbook....
    08-01-11 05:13 PM

Gunblood, Mooo, Robin Hood, Sling Golf, Dillo Hills, Fly Squirrel Fly 2. There's some others.

"highly advanced" and "good" aren't the same thing.
    08-01-11 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD