Very excited for this app, but I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to access my Mac and I'm entering in the IP # and Port #, and it is prompting me for my password, which I enter. But I get a black screen, and then it disconnects when I move the mouse? Any ideas?
    This is EXACTLY what is happening to me. I'm connecting to a MacBook Pro. I am able to connect and I see the controls at the top of the screen but the rest of the screen is black and the moment I touch the screen I get disconnected.
    05-05-11 09:52 PM
    ok..so i have blown 3 bucks on worse...and my patience got the best of me.

purchased, but cannot connect to my pc.

i gave it a name, then entered the server number 192.168.2.100 (the ip of the machine) and left the port number 5900....didnt connect...also tried port 9000 and 8000 which i have for other programs...just to try it. still didnt work.

id have sent you a pm, but thought that this community may be able to use the assistance.
    You can't use your internal ip address. From your pc go to whatsmyip.org and use whatever it gives you.
    05-05-11 09:57 PM
    yea...i did that...but my config is a bit different as i have a uverse 2-wire that is the real ip, but then it routes to my linksys, which is what i am using.

HOWEVER....SOLUTION FOUND!

for anyone that does not currently have a VNC on your pc...you will need it in order to password in.

i found a free one and it is working fine.

Download TightVNC

after you download and install it, you will need to go to: start/programs/tightvnc/tightvnc (application mode)/run tightvnc

then you will have it running on your pc. this is freeware and you can keep a copy with you where ever you go on your playbook of the auto-installer.

then, just open the aVNC
    give it a name
    enter the ip that the tightvnc shows
    enter the port 5900 (or what you set it to)
    then it will ask you for the password, enter the password.

works great. worth the 2.99 paid.

it shows my desktop background on the pb, but makes it black on my desktop.

note for aiflex:

-would be great to be able to pinch zoom +/-
    -would be great if we were able to scroll to one side by touching and if we are scrolling in a direction, have the pc screen auto-scroll continuously until we lift our finger
    -right click
    -make the direction bar at the top of the pb smaller so it takes less screen-estate.
    -the outlook of the product is very "engineery" looking. give it some bling with nicer looking buttons and backgound. i am sure, if you do not have anyone on staff, that there are some people here who can assist with some pretty-ing up of your easy-to-use product.
    -create the ability to have a "favorite" type of function, so that if/when we get to that max of 20 terminals, the favorited ones are locked in position and do not have to be re-added.
    -in "edit" mode, you cannot edit...just delete!
    -the shiney silver-mac-looking background somewhat drowns out the pc icon.

great job on the application. i cant wait to get the email.
    05-05-11 10:21 PM
    how do we get onto a pc that is not on the same network that we are on?

i tried getting the direct ip, but if the pc is on a router, we have the ip going to the router and then the ip that the router gives the pc.

all i get is a very long "Please wait" when trying to remotely login to a pc on a different network.
    05-05-11 10:50 PM
    I'm trying this on my local network after buying it and man, it's pretty nice. I can't wait for more features. I've got dual sceeens on my desktop and i can just slide between monitors on my PB.

Oh and I typed this message out on my PB through the VNC via firefox 4 on my desktop. Good stuff.

I'll be sure to post a full review here in a few days, but great job thus far.
    05-05-11 11:13 PM
    how do we get onto a pc that is not on the same network that we are on?

i tried getting the direct ip, but if the pc is on a router, we have the ip going to the router and then the ip that the router gives the pc.

all i get is a very long "Please wait" when trying to remotely login to a pc on a different network.
    Go in to the router configuration and direct the port assigned to aVNC to the pc on your local network.

Networking 101.

Tim
    05-05-11 11:44 PM
    I'm EXTREMELY impressed with this app!
    05-06-11 12:50 AM
    @tim

im with you on that tim.

the challenge is going through two routers and theb having multiple pcs on the secondafy router.

ill play with it more over the weekend....i have a challenge with seeing a ko u-turn sign...if u know what i mean. so when theres a will theres a way.

05-06-11 02:07 AM
    @tim....

dang it tim...im laying in bed and now uou got me thinking!

so in theory, without truing yet, i should be able to creat a different vnc post per pc and forward that port pertaining to it?!
    should work and not create confusion in the 2nd routing...right?!

lol.

something tells me im not going to bed.
    05-06-11 02:15 AM
    I got this app last night, and when I try to connect it tell me an error has occur and connection will shut down can someone help me i may have done something wrong with the set up maybe? i would love to have this app up and running so i can sell it to my IT Department
    05-06-11 06:26 AM
    I got this app last night, and when I try to connect it tell me an error has occur and connection will shut down can someone help me i may have done something wrong with the set up maybe? i would love to have this app up and running so i can sell it to my IT Department
    Hi nico. I am aware of this issue and we are putting together documents to cover setup and getting people connected using aVNC. If you are having issues with aVNC please can you PM me the type of VNC server you are using and port used? I thank everyone for your patience and we are working hard to get everyone up and running.
    05-06-11 08:00 AM
    Hi, I am having issues connecting over VPN on the application.

I can connect to my home network fine without using Playbook VPN, but the minute I connect to VPN via Playbook - I can NOT connect to any of my RealVNC 4.3.1 servers.

It auto times out instantly. Is there a problem with using internal VPN on the playbook, then trying to connect? I have no problem connecting to VPN at home and using RealVNC.

Tried NT authentication / No authentication / Password Authentication with both encryption on and off.

Other then that, it works great for my home network. \

Suggestions:

I would love to have a 'Windows Key' button since my task bar is minimized and its hard to move the mouse to the status bar

Have the option to Edit a connection so I can put in different IP addresses etc. Or just make the option for a one time connect (Doesn't save) I have many servers so it would be stupid to have to put every one. But first I need to connect to my servers!

UPDATE:

When I try the Java port, 5800 - it tries to connect and sits at 'Waiting for server' instead of timing out instantly. So I know that I am able to 'see' the server. It just doesn't like connecting over the normal port of 5900. I tried changing to 5901 etc and same issue.

I also moved the Connecting port to 5800 (from 5900) (Java to 5700) to see if it was a port issue... still did not work. Only seems to try to connect to Java port correctly, so it is not a port firewall issue.

Also tried UltraVNC with the same issues...
    Last edited by theguz4l; 05-06-11 at 09:33 AM.
    05-06-11 08:46 AM
    Hi, I am having issues connecting over VPN on the application.

I can connect to my home network fine without using Playbook VPN, but the minute I connect to VPN via Playbook - I can NOT connect to any of my RealVNC 4.3.1 servers.

It auto times out instantly. Is there a problem with using internal VPN on the playbook, then trying to connect? I have no problem connecting to VPN at home and using RealVNC.

Tried NT authentication / No authentication / Password Authentication with both encryption on and off.

Other then that, it works great for my home network. \

Suggestions:

I would love to have a 'Windows Key' button since my task bar is minimized and its hard to move the mouse to the status bar

Have the option to Edit a connection so I can put in different IP addresses etc. Or just make the option for a one time connect (Doesn't save) I have many servers so it would be stupid to have to put every one. But first I need to connect to my servers!

UPDATE:

When I try the Java port, 5800 - it tries to connect and sits at 'Waiting for server' instead of timing out instantly. So I know that I am able to 'see' the server. It just doesn't like connecting over the normal port of 5900. I tried changing to 5901 etc and same issue.

I also moved the Connecting port to 5800 (from 5900) (Java to 5700) to see if it was a port issue... still did not work. Only seems to try to connect to Java port correctly, so it is not a port firewall issue.

Also tried UltraVNC with the same issues...
    Thanks for your comments. I will look into this with the VPN. The windows key is a good suggestion and we will try and get it in the application being pushed to blackberry imminently. Thank you for using aVNC.
    05-06-11 09:45 AM
    AiFlex is starting to put up configuration settings for aVNC and we are posting them up here. Please bear with us as we are creating them today and over the weekend. Thank you for your patience.
    05-06-11 09:49 AM
    Can someone try using the Playbook VPN then try to connect to an internal server? Thanks!
    05-06-11 10:01 AM
    I gota say. Looking to get a PB and a RDP app was a major part in that decision. Glad to see this app is available and have no issues paying the required price.
    Right on.
    05-06-11 10:02 AM
    aVNC is a VNC client. I would like to thank everyone for suggestions we are currently testing new versions to submit to blackberry. Features we are working on include:
    - Pinch to zoom
    - Favourite connections
    - Connection editing
    - Improved styling
    - Scroll locking
    - Right click using gesture

We hope to have this version with blackberry very quickly. Any more please let us know. We are also putting up support documents as quickly as possible at Support | AiFlex – Development Studio
    05-06-11 01:08 PM
    Neophyte question:

I have a Win 7 Pro machine at home and I use remote desktop to access my machine remotely from afar. Can I use this app to access my Win 7 machine via remote desktop? Does this take the place of the "Remote Desktop Connection" application I would use from the distant machine?

Thanks.
    05-06-11 01:41 PM
    Neophyte question:

I have a Win 7 Pro machine at home and I use remote desktop to access my machine remotely from afar. Can I use this app to access my Win 7 machine via remote desktop? Does this take the place of the "Remote Desktop Connection" application I would use from the distant machine?

Thanks.
    VNC is not the same thing as RDP. In order to use the VNC client you would need to setup a VNC server on the host machine.

A quick google search would tell you all you need to know about VNC and RDP. You should at least know the difference between them.
    05-06-11 01:57 PM
    VNC is not the same thing as RDP. In order to use the VNC client you would need to setup a VNC server on the host machine.

A quick google search would tell you all you need to know about VNC and RDP. You should at least know the difference between them.
    Thanks 1stStrike. VNC is not the same as RDP but both can be used for remote desktop access. VNC is much more cross platform and you can run VNC on Windows, Linux or Mac.

Also would like to thank everyone who purchased aVNC and it is currently number 2 in App World™
    05-06-11 03:02 PM
    Love the program and works nice so far.

Would love to see the right click implemented as everyone else is asking for, but may I also suggest a macro function. So that i can send macro commands (such as Alt-F4). That would allow us to add many buttons not on the playbook keyboard (such as alt, ctrl and the function buttons).

Thanks keep up the good work!
    05-06-11 04:29 PM
    I've not yet used a VNC server so pardon the dumb questions. I've got 4 computers at home on a single router. The router has a static ip. Is there a way to run a VNC server on each of the computers? If so how do I address one of them? And if I have a VNC server running how much of a resource hog is it when idle?
    05-06-11 06:25 PM
    I've not yet used a VNC server so pardon the dumb questions. I've got 4 computers at home on a single router. The router has a static ip. Is there a way to run a VNC server on each of the computers? If so how do I address one of them? And if I have a VNC server running how much of a resource hog is it when idle?
    Your question was partially answered already in post #23 of this thread by AiFlex.

You need a VNC server installed on your target machine. I would recommend going with TightVNC or RealVNC. It is very easy to download and install. We are working on documentation for aVNC and will have it up soon. For access outside the local wifi you will need to setup port forwarding from your router and maybe static IP. More information will be in documentation which we are going to get up ASAP!
    Running a VNC server on each is no sweat. You just need to install the application, and then ensure each one is running on a different port and port forwarded in your router. As someone mentioned earlier, networking 101.

The VNC server itself is very light on resources.

There are differences in how RDP and VNC work. I would recommend doing some research so you understand how they are different.
    05-06-11 07:23 PM
    We are currently working on documentation which we will release soon. The authentication is a great step. Do you have any encoding settings within the VNC server? Preferred encoding should be hextile. We are currently working on a version that will allow more encoding options. Thank you for your patience. Please read your PM so I can help you get up and running.
    I have the same problem wit my MAC Pro, any solution?
    05-06-11 08:40 PM
    Hmmm. Generally, the app looks good. I like the profile saving, display quality is good, I like the icons/interface.
    But am I dumb? I can't get any mouse or keyboard to function. I can connect (through Cisco VPN, then aVNC to PC). Screen comes up, I can scroll around. I can click on open windows and the focus changes, but I can't click Start menu, and if I open Notepad, I can't type in it.
    I confirmed VNC server is running by using Viewer from a different PC and everything works the way it should, but not through aVNC.
    05-06-11 10:24 PM
115 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD