aVNC has just been approved and is now available within App World(TM). aVNC has just been approved and is now available within App World. You can view more about the application here . Or why not head on over and purchase the application here

AiFlex would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has commented and provided suggestions for development of our apps. We hope to have our other major application aMail available shortly.
    MedChemist likes this.
    05-05-11 04:04 PM
    Great.

Too bad I am at work and do not have my Playbook with me. It is sitting at home being charged. :-(

I guess I will have fun with the new app tonight.
    05-05-11 04:15 PM
    Got it! Working good!

Questions:

1. Is there way to do a "right click"?
    2. Will it work with a mouse via PB?

Thanks!

Tim
    05-05-11 04:16 PM
    Got it and liking it so far. Having a little issue with connecting to a few of our servers but they are not "standard" vnc servers but rather fully virtualized xen guest os's with the vnc option to access the console. Other than that it looks/works great!
    05-05-11 04:21 PM
    Got it! Working good!

Questions:

1. Is there way to do a "right click"?
    2. Will it work with a mouse via PB?

Thanks!

Tim
    Thanks. we are working on using multitouch gestures to get right click and a richer user experience. Will be pushing to blackberry in the next few days. If you like our app please review it in App World. If you have any queries please PM me or email to our support line [email protected]
    05-05-11 04:22 PM
    Just bought it. Price really can't be beat. About to set up a VNC server on a system on my network, and see if I can connect to it and do some chemical drawing remotely using a desktop application.

I'll let you know how it goes!
    05-05-11 04:32 PM
    Just brought it, Nice App, will submit good review soon, thank you very much, can't wait till your mail client is out
    05-05-11 04:45 PM
    Just bought it. Price really can't be beat. About to set up a VNC server on a system on my network, and see if I can connect to it and do some chemical drawing remotely using a desktop application.

I'll let you know how it goes!
    Thanks. Good luck with the chemical drawing.
    MedChemist likes this.
    05-05-11 04:46 PM
    Just brought it, Nice App, will submit good review soon, thank you very much, can't wait till your mail client is out
    Thank you SSaywell. We really appreciate review and if there are features and improvements you would like to see please PM me. We are also looking forward to aMail. Will keep you posted
    05-05-11 04:47 PM
    Thanks. Good luck with the chemical drawing.
    Well - I have got to say, that at least in my home network, this is working nice. I need to figure out how to get the screen to sit still while i manipulate the drawing area. Also how to do left/right mouse button actions and things like that, but I am very hopeful, that this will come along.

The application I was working with was an enterprise electronic notebook, running on a VMWare workstation, as a guest on a Windows 7 desktop. Drawing chemistry is a little difficult right now, but doing data entry isn't hard at all.

You can not imagine how exciting this is. As a chemist, I could easily connect to the E-notebook application running in my office, with a form factor easy to take into a lab, or harsh environment. I have already demonstrated that the Playbook fits very neatly into a 1QT ZipLoc (TM) Freezer bag, which can be thrown away, as you leave the lab resulting in keeping the Playbook, clean and free from contamination.

aVNC makes this all pull together. Unlike larger devices, and Windows Tablets that generate considerable heat, The Playbook,A could become the perfect, device to use in Labs and other harsh environments! All I can do is say thank you over and over to AiFlex. This is something I have been wanting to do for over 10 years. And before you start sighting this already being done on CSI and TV. Thats not real life. Many laboratory scientists have been waiting for this sort of stuff for real.

Regards And Thanks again! Wish I could upload a screen capture tKen on the PB. One of its shortcomings at the moment.
    Last edited by MedChemist; 05-05-11 at 06:08 PM.
    05-05-11 05:55 PM
    Well - I have got to say, that at least in my home network, this is working nice. I need to figure out how to get the screen to sit still while i manipulate the drawing area. Also how to do left/right mouse button actions and things like that, but I am very hopeful, that this will come along.

The application I was working with was an enterprise electronic notebook, running on a VMWare workstation, as a guest on a Windows 7 desktop. Drawing chemistry is a little difficult right now, but doing data entry isn't hard at all.

You can not imagine how exciting this is. As a chemist, I could easily connect to the E-notebook application running in my office, with a form factor easy to take into a lab, or harsh environment. I have already demonstrated that the Playbook fits very neatly into a 1QT ZipLoc (TM) Freezer bag, which can be thrown away, as you leave the lab resulting in keeping the Playbook, clean and free from contamination.

a
    I am glad you like the application. I will make sure a scroll lock when in zoom mode is in the next version. Thank you for raising it. We will get a version with more features to blackberry very soon. Sounds like the playbook fits your need well. If you have any further requests of features please post or PM me.
    05-05-11 06:02 PM
    Just bought it. Checking it out now.
    05-05-11 06:16 PM
    Just bought it. Checking it out now.
    Thanks very much let us know how you get on.
    05-05-11 06:24 PM
    Bought it as soon as I saw it was available. This is the one app I really need and have been waiting for. Wasted my money on that other app vnc desktop. This worked right off the bat. THANK YOU AiFlex!!

wishlist: pinch to zoom functionality.
    05-05-11 08:00 PM
    Thanks. we are working on using multitouch gestures to get right click and a richer user experience. Will be pushing to blackberry in the next few days. If you like our app please review it in App World. If you have any queries please PM me or email to our support line [email protected]
    I put in a great review but it, nor any other, is showing right now.

Will check to make sure it does.

Tim
    05-05-11 08:06 PM
    I put in a great review but it, nor any other, is showing right now.

Will check to make sure it does.

Tim
    Thanks Tim. I think it takes a while for the reviews to come through to the store. We can see them from the developer side and we are getting some great positive feedback so thanks to everyone. If anyone is having issues getting connected up please PM me. We have a new update for aVNC with more features, optimizations and improvements which we are getting ready and hope to have it with blackberry very soon.
    05-05-11 08:25 PM
    Very excited for this app, but I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to access my Mac and I'm entering in the IP # and Port #, and it is prompting me for my password, which I enter. But I get a black screen, and then it disconnects when I move the mouse? Any ideas?
    05-05-11 08:30 PM
    Very excited for this app, but I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to access my Mac and I'm entering in the IP # and Port #, and it is prompting me for my password, which I enter. But I get a black screen, and then it disconnects when I move the mouse? Any ideas?
    We are currently working on documentation which we will release soon. The authentication is a great step. Do you have any encoding settings within the VNC server? Preferred encoding should be hextile. We are currently working on a version that will allow more encoding options. Thank you for your patience. Please read your PM so I can help you get up and running.
    05-05-11 08:37 PM
    installed it..great job..this will be quite usefull for work..keep up the good work...

also hound rim for that email app you be working on..
    05-05-11 08:56 PM
    will this work remotely if we are not on the same wifi?

does it require to load software on the pc in order to work, or is it pretty much the same as ssh only showing graphics and not just a file system?
    05-05-11 08:56 PM
    Bought it as soon as I saw it was available. This is the one app I really need and have been waiting for. Wasted my money on that other app vnc desktop. This worked right off the bat. THANK YOU AiFlex!!

wishlist: pinch to zoom functionality.
    Thank you. We are working on multi touch to bring pinch to zoom and rightclick features. Please review our app in App World.
    05-05-11 09:00 PM
    installed it..great job..this will be quite usefull for work..keep up the good work...

also hound rim for that email app you be working on..
    Thanks very much we will continue to try and get aMail into App World ASAP.
    Please review the application in App World it is much appreciated.
    05-05-11 09:05 PM
    will this work remotely if we are not on the same wifi?

does it require to load software on the pc in order to work, or is it pretty much the same as ssh only showing graphics and not just a file system?
    You need a VNC server installed on your target machine. I would recommend going with TightVNC or RealVNC. It is very easy to download and install. We are working on documentation for aVNC and will have it up soon. For access outside the local wifi you will need to setup port forwarding from your router and maybe static IP. More information will be in documentation which we are going to get up ASAP!
    npunk42 likes this.
    05-05-11 09:08 PM
    AiFlex, great job! Serves my purposes for interacting with my home PC's running TightVNC servers. Thanks!
    05-05-11 09:28 PM
    ok..so i have blown 3 bucks on worse...and my patience got the best of me.

purchased, but cannot connect to my pc.

i gave it a name, then entered the server number 192.168.2.100 (the ip of the machine) and left the port number 5900....didnt connect...also tried port 9000 and 8000 which i have for other programs...just to try it. still didnt work.

id have sent you a pm, but thought that this community may be able to use the assistance.
    05-05-11 09:47 PM
115 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD