03-12-12 06:08 AM
159 ... 567
tools
    Just as an update, I did send them a comment via the form on their website.

So far, I haven't gotten any response back and I doubt I will.
    Anyone here think that RIM should consider pulling their application as there seems to be no response from the support team whatsoever from the users here? Possibly that would get a response from them, and if not, at least people won't waste money on the application assuming they'll get right click ability in a "future update."
    They used to respond pretty quickly. I dont really think they are even in biz anymore. Its as if they left the lights on and went home.
    09-19-11 10:05 AM
    so have they come up for a way for this to work for mac using os lion???? becuase i get it to connect but only when im local and im stuck at the login screen all it does is take control of the mouse i see it move on my monitor yet on the playbook screen frozen on the login still helppppppp!!!!!! this is horrible
    Have you tried using IMT-VNC on Playbook instead of aVNC? You should give it a try with your mac, since it is free.

I have been using IMT-VNC full time now and I like it.. Right click is sometimes a "must have" feature..
    Last edited by Mojoski; 09-19-11 at 01:35 PM.
    09-19-11 01:25 PM
    this is probably not the place to post this but i just attempted to purchase this app and it charged me, but the download never started. Any help??
    09-20-11 09:40 PM
    Any Update on the usage of the OS Lion??
    09-30-11 10:48 AM
    Honestly, other than the $6 difference in price, I can't see any downside to using RDM+ instead of VNC.
    Are you still of this opinion?

I'm not clear on why people would be wrestling with a VNC approach if this is the case.

You seem "plenty" experienced enough in all of this to where a busy entrepreneur (like me) can pretty much eliminate a lot of reading and testing time by going with your opinion.

One concern I have is that I read in a related forum thread here that with RDM+ a downside is that to enter text you have to type it into a field and hit "send" rather than just typing in real-time. That sounds pretty annoying.

Then again, so does losing hours and hours trying to make port forwarding work right.

What do you currently suggest?

Thanks!
    10-08-11 05:51 PM
    Are you still of this opinion?

I'm not clear on why people would be wrestling with a VNC approach if this is the case.

You seem "plenty" experienced enough in all of this to where a busy entrepreneur (like me) can pretty much eliminate a lot of reading and testing time by going with your opinion.

One concern I have is that I read in a related forum thread here that with RDM+ a downside is that to enter text you have to type it into a field and hit "send" rather than just typing in real-time. That sounds pretty annoying.

Then again, so does losing hours and hours trying to make port forwarding work right.

What do you currently suggest?

Thanks!
    In my opinion, aVNC didn't run any faster or better when outside my home network than RDM+. When on my home network, aVNC is slightly faster, but the ease of setup with RDM+ is a major plus. However, RDM+ doesn't really allow much more than basic access and use... it most deffinately isn't Splashtop.
    10-08-11 08:06 PM
    Since my preceding post I installed and tried out RDM+ and man, yeah, there's zero question it is not good for much more than glancing at a few key things in a pinch and perhaps typing (or maybe transferring) the most minimal amount of data if really necessary.

I felt that in the time it took to do anything at all with it I could have literally walked across town to my office and done it on the desktop there. Not to mention all the things you can't do, like select groups of text or rows of cells or anything along those lines.

So, is Splashtop something I should be looking into? Or should I just leave it as is and resign myself to at least having RDM+ there for the few key moments I do need to see something and that's about it?
    10-08-11 10:41 PM
    Since my preceding post I installed and tried out RDM+ and man, yeah, there's zero question it is not good for much more than glancing at a few key things in a pinch and perhaps typing (or maybe transferring) the most minimal amount of data if really necessary.

I felt that in the time it took to do anything at all with it I could have literally walked across town to my office and done it on the desktop there. Not to mention all the things you can't do, like select groups of text or rows of cells or anything along those lines.

So, is Splashtop something I should be looking into? Or should I just leave it as is and resign myself to at least having RDM+ there for the few key moments I do need to see something and that's about it?
    Splashtop isn't yet available for the Playbook - it uses its own proprietary comm protocol that works much better than either RDP or VNC (my opinion)... I've used it on my wife's Touchpad and it blows RDM+ out of the water... hopefully they either develop a client for our Playbooks or release their android app for use with the the Android Player...

If your trying to access specific apps on your office computer, you might look into a Citrix setup... it'll give you access to individual programs and there is a client currently in testing (and available in app world) for the Playbook... there's also a full-fledged client for BB phones... so, if you have one, check with your IT Dept about Citrix
    Last edited by rustmonkey; 10-08-11 at 11:53 PM.
    10-08-11 11:48 PM
    I use IMT VNC on my PB and run TightVNC service on my home desktop, and cannot remote my desktop via WAN, although via LAN is ok. Any suggestion? Many thanks!
    03-12-12 06:08 AM
159 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD