03-12-12 06:08 AM
159 123 ...
tools
    Having just announced aMail, the email client for the playbook that is currently awaiting approval. I would like to announce aVNC which is also awaiting blackberry approval. You can watch a .
    aVNC by AiFlex for the BlackBerry Playbook will access your computer from anywhere. Whenever you need to check your e-mail, view or edit documents, install or start a new application or write a quick message, aVNC makes it all possible. Connect to any Windows, Linux, Mac with VNC server installed.
    aVNC provides an easy to use interface to manage remote computers securely. This native app has advanced features to make best use of the interface to save you time. aVNC uses full authentication. Just enter the IP address or URL and password to view and experience the remote desktop from your Playbook.
    Features:

>Access any computer remotely
    With the IP address and a password you can access any computer remotely
    Ideal for System administrators, IT Managers, Helpdesk and support staff for easy multi-platform and sever connections

>Secure Access
    Access remote machines with password protected VNC

>Full Keyboard Support
    Use your on device soft keyboard, swiping up from bottom right bezel corner to input characters to your remote computer

>Mouse Support

>Control+Alt+Delete Ability

>Multi OS Support
    Windows, Mac, Unix Remote access. Access your files, e-mails, documents, edit and view

>Convenience
    Stores the previous 20 IP addresses and computer URLs for easy reconnection
    Direct type input
    Zoom mode for more convenient view and working
    View with read only option
    04-21-11 08:23 PM
    wow i want this app so bad, op can it be used external? like if i'm in another city and i want to control my computer from home.
    04-22-11 10:05 AM
    Nice App, can't wait till I get my PlayBook, I will download this as soon as it hits the App World. Will it cost and if som how much?
    04-22-11 10:23 AM
    I NEED this app, not want but NEED. Could you please enlighten us as to the price so we can have the funds ready?
    04-22-11 12:14 PM
    Wow..what app does AiFlex NOT make? Every thread i go in, there's AiFlex posting about their app..between the VNC, mail, telnet, ssh...I'm definitely looking forward to what this developer can come up with. Too bad RIM takes so long to approve apps in app world...you'd think they'd speed up the process to try and get more apps available as quick as possible.
    04-22-11 01:03 PM
    Looking forward to this product, very nice and definitely needed. Kudos on getting it ready so quickly.
    Thanks!
    04-22-11 01:12 PM
    Is this PlayBook client compatible with RealVNC servers, including their encryption?

My office is a RealVNC shop but it would make my day to use the PlayBook to access it!
    04-22-11 06:34 PM
    If you want me to keep you informed about aVNC product release and other apps. Please register for the AiFlex mailing list
    04-22-11 08:32 PM
    Sweet! How long does the approval process typically take? I will definitely be giving this app a try.
    Want to work on a Remote Desktop client next? I'd buy that too!
    04-27-11 01:53 PM
    Sweet! How long does the approval process typically take? I will definitely be giving this app a try.
    Want to work on a Remote Desktop client next? I'd buy that too!
    I agree. Thanks for all the work you do.
    04-27-11 02:02 PM
    Who can we contact at PB App World to get this pushed through?

There are enough crappy apps and games, we need apps that power
    users can use.

Tim
    04-27-11 02:22 PM
    Will this app allow you to connect to a VNC server inside the network by going through bridge and BES?
    04-27-11 02:56 PM
    This will really make offsite support much easier for me. Hopefully it will get approved.
    04-27-11 03:40 PM
    I want this!
    04-27-11 06:27 PM
    I like this!!! Great job in getting this out quick...
    04-27-11 07:47 PM
    Will this app allow you to connect to a VNC server inside the network by going through bridge and BES?
    I wouldn't think so since as of right now apps don't have access to bridge data. Buuuuut you could probably accomplish what you're trying to do be creating a vpn tunnel from your pb to the private network you want to access. Then I could see this working. At least that's what I think...AiFlex, any feedback on this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 08:04 PM
    At the moment the bridge is not accessible for developers so we cannot use it. As features come available to developers we will integrate them. VNC will work across the internet. Depending on security to access your server and if it is visible to the outside world a VPN maybe required. We will investigate further. Thank you for your query gaofee
    04-28-11 05:13 AM
    Will this app be free? Also any ETA on release?
    04-28-11 11:28 AM
    I would not expect it to be free as I have found the good applications cost some
    to develop. Thus they deserve something for their hard work.

There is a VNC on PB App World for $2.99 and it doesn't work with passwords
    and does not have its own keyboard. In other words useless.

So I hope the price for this one is reasonable and fair.

Tim
    04-28-11 01:36 PM
    I agree that good apps cost money sometimes. What I find disturbing is the developer not saying ANYTHING about the price when multiple people are asking in both threads. I simply want to know so I can have the funds available the day it comes out rather than having to be like "oh crap they want XXXX and I only have XX...". I mean I am not against paying for an app that works. Heck I paid for VNC+ and TSMobiles.....
    04-28-11 02:18 PM
    So is this technically an RDP app? I thought VNC required an application on the end to listen for remote requests.
    04-28-11 02:32 PM
    So is this technically an RDP app? I thought VNC required an application on the end to listen for remote requests.
    It is a VNC client app. You will install a VNC server on the machine you would want to connect to.
    04-28-11 02:46 PM
    I agree that good apps cost money sometimes. What I find disturbing is the developer not saying ANYTHING about the price when multiple people are asking in both threads. I simply want to know so I can have the funds available the day it comes out rather than having to be like "oh crap they want XXXX and I only have XX...". I mean I am not against paying for an app that works. Heck I paid for VNC+ and TSMobiles.....
    I wouldn't announce it either until it was available.

Maybe their planning a sale and don't want to the let the cat out of the bag.

Tim
    04-28-11 04:40 PM
    Ballpark is fine with me just so I know I have the cash on hand. I need this for my job so it isn't like I won't get it, just depends on when. lol

AiFlex can PM me if he likes and I won't say anything if he rather I not. I just like to be prepared. The only reason I am stressing it is I am about to pull the trigger on a purchase that will nearly drain me. If the app is a buck or two that is fine and no huge deal, but if it is more than say $10 or so that is a different story. See what I mean?
    04-28-11 04:44 PM
    Ballpark is fine with me just so I know I have the cash on hand. I need this for my job so it isn't like I won't get it, just depends on when. lol

AiFlex can PM me if he likes and I won't say anything if he rather I not. I just like to be prepared. The only reason I am stressing it is I am about to pull the trigger on a purchase that will nearly drain me. If the app is a buck or two that is fine and no huge deal, but if it is more than say $10 or so that is a different story. See what I mean?
    Hi kameleon, I understand your concern. AiFlex develops applications that are market relevant and are priced competitively. Currently the prices for either aMail or aVNC cannot be revealed. For your reassurance aVNC will definitely be less than $10 when it arrives in app world. We do want our applications to be accessible to everyone and provide real useful functionality to playbook users.
    Last edited by AiFlex; 04-28-11 at 10:32 PM.
    04-28-11 09:49 PM
159 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD