i have to say...other then some engineery looking ugly ux...this works extremely well and was developed well.

could do with smaller icons in the drop down menu and also delete the keyboard button, prettier icons, the ability to actually "edit" the current vnc's instead of only delete, the ability to ceeate "favorites" that will not be deleted past 20 vnc connections, the ability to re-order the different connection to make it wasier to group terminals, regardless of the order you add them.
    05-11-11 03:19 AM
    I have a problem .. I manage to connect to my PC fine when i'm in my home wifi netowrk ..

But I can't get it to connect while im outside .. I think it's not possible because here in the UAE, all users are given a shared WAN IP.. 87.201.100.252

Is there anything I can do?
    05-11-11 05:45 AM
    It surprised me how well it worked. BT mouse support would be nice, as would the other things already mentioned. One thing not mentioned is that it wont open a program from a shortcut on the desktop. I have to go to Start>Programs>etc. Is that going to be changed or is there a reason for it?
    05-11-11 08:54 AM
    I have a problem .. I manage to connect to my PC fine when i'm in my home wifi netowrk ..

But I can't get it to connect while im outside .. I think it's not possible because here in the UAE, all users are given a shared WAN IP.. 87.201.100.252

Is there anything I can do?

Same issue for me. I can log in when I'm near the computer I'm trying to access, but once I travel away from my home (to work) I can no longer get it to work. Same goes for from work to home. I'm using TightVNC... is the support section going to be updated for support for TightVNC? It might just be something in my settings I have wrong.
    05-11-11 09:25 AM
    Excellent app!

Finally I'm beginning to get some work related use out of the PB! Might submit my purchase receipt and see if it makes it past our office controller

A couple of notes:

1) Cannot get Server 2008 to accept VNC connections, tried TightVNC which claims to work with it, no dice. TightVNC works fine on two of the office XP Pro machines.

2) Can't launch desktop icons or shortcuts by tapping (mouse click). I can launch Start Menu items and programs by tapping, but the only way I can launch a desktop item is by selecting it and opening the virtual keyboard and hitting 'Return'

3) Zoom feature is pretty good, but if pinch-zoom was enabled... ohh man... that would be Golden!

4) Rotate is locked in landscape mode, some of the apps I run would look better in portrait, but that's small potatoes.

Excellent... finally I can remote into my work PC's and control them fairly easily. Good job!

Regards,
    05-11-11 03:59 PM
    Where are instructions on how to get this app setup and working?
    05-11-11 05:07 PM
    is there anyway to get a refund for this? i dont think there is a way to make it work in my country
    05-11-11 07:04 PM
    Is there any place I can find tutorial on how to set VNC up? I'm having a real hard time with this.

I downloaded RealVNC but when I go to add a client and input the IP address of the playbook, it always comes back immediately saying it cannot connect. Am I doing it wrong?
    05-13-11 06:14 PM
    aVNC is so that you can use your playbook to control the pc's, not the pc's to control the playbook.
    05-13-11 06:34 PM
    I know that much. So I assume I was following the wrong tutorial
    05-13-11 06:42 PM
    I just bought the app, but then realized aVNC won't connect to my computers set up for Remote Desktop. I got confused between RDP and VNC.

VNC requires something like tightVNC running in the background. Since I don't want that, so aVNC will never work, and I just wasted $3
    I disagree, you didn't "waste" $3. Believe me you will find uses for this.
    05-13-11 07:08 PM
    I'm having difficulty configuring Real VNC and aVNC also. I have configured Real VNC to the best of my ability, although my screens look somewhat different than those in the aiflex pdf. I have also watched the youtube video on the first page of this thread. Again, my screen looks slightly different. In addition to asking for the server and the port, it also asks for "name". I have been using the designated name of my desktop, the IP address for the desktop (which is not a 192.xxx.x.x type of number but rather 10.xx.xx.xxx as set up by my late business partner), and the port set at 5900. Seriously, I'm getting a bruise on my forehead from beating against the wall trying to figure this out!
    05-13-11 07:59 PM
    If you need support please email the [email protected] and we will provide assistance.
    05-13-11 08:24 PM
    Just wanted to say that I LOVE aVNC!! Just setup TightVNC on my parent's netbook and desktop PC with appropriate firewall ports forwarded and free accounts on DynDNS.org. It is all working like a champ and I will never have to talk my father thru a tech support call again! I can just connect and fix the issue quickly myself!

That was, without a doubt, the best spent $4 in a long time! Thank you!!!!!

Looking forward to making the setup even more secure when you guys release an update that supports encryption. Will TightVNC support that? I didn't see any options related to encryption in the TightVNC settings, I dont't think.. Will I need to move to a new VNC server for that? No biggie, if so..

Also, any word yet on when the next upgrade that will have pinch to zoom and right click gestures will be hitting App World? I'm dying to give it a spin!

Thanks for such an awesome app!
    Tinyk likes this.
    05-13-11 08:40 PM
    can someone help me with my problem .. the support team just replied once and has disappeared..
    05-15-11 06:02 AM
    can someone help me with my problem .. the support team just replied once and has disappeared..
    I'm guessing they are getting slammed with help request. Honestly, the type of issue you are facing is way beyond what you should expect a software vendor to help you out with. If it works on your local network, then nothing is wrong with the aVNC app.

That said, I'll be more than happy to try to help you get through your issues myself! Send me a private message and we can get in touch via email or GoogleTalk and i'll try to help you out! I'm pretty sure we can find a way to make it work..

Mojoski
    05-15-11 03:12 PM
    I`m having a large screen refresh problem. And I don`t know if it`s the server software I`m using, or the app

Does anyone else have this problem?
    05-15-11 08:37 PM
    I had some refresh trouble with RealVNC, so i went with tightvnc server and evrything seems ok now. I hope i will help ya.

Good Luck
    05-15-11 08:59 PM
    Hi gtirsmiley,

I'm having the exact same problem and I live in the UAE too. Did you find a solution to the problem yet?
    05-16-11 07:10 AM
    I'm having difficulty configuring Real VNC and aVNC also. I have configured Real VNC to the best of my ability, although my screens look somewhat different than those in the aiflex pdf. I have also watched the youtube video on the first page of this thread. Again, my screen looks slightly different. In addition to asking for the server and the port, it also asks for "name". I have been using the designated name of my desktop, the IP address for the desktop (which is not a 192.xxx.x.x type of number but rather 10.xx.xx.xxx as set up by my late business partner), and the port set at 5900. Seriously, I'm getting a bruise on my forehead from beating against the wall trying to figure this out!
    Kris, the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx ips are the associated router ip's as a standard. The TEN-DOT (10.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) ips are also a standard for internal company (intranet) ip's. For your PB to connect to your desktop, it will also need to be assigned a TEN-DOT ip on your internal network. You should be able to have that dynamically assigned to the PB via the router configuration, just as they are to the other devices. Check your wifi connection to the PB. If it has a 192. address, then that is probably why it won't connect to TEN-DOT computer. You basically are connecting to the router for your access to the INTERNET, but unable to get to your INTRANET with the PB.

EDIT: Just want to add: There are other ways that you could probably get it to connect other than this, but it would involve more advanced router configuration and probably isn't worth the effort, IMO.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 05-16-11 at 08:31 AM.
    05-16-11 07:15 AM
    I had some refresh trouble with RealVNC, so i went with tightvnc server and evrything seems ok now. I hope it will help ya.

Good Luck
    Yes, RealVNC seems to have that issue. I use UltraVNC myself.
    05-16-11 07:17 AM
    Not sure what you mean, exactly. Could you describe in a bit more detail what you mean by "a large screen refresh problem"?

My screen seems to be very responsive. Are you using over wifi or 3G tethering?

I`m having a large screen refresh problem. And I don`t know if it`s the server software I`m using, or the app

Does anyone else have this problem?
    05-16-11 08:53 AM
    I just sent this to someone in a private message and thought some others might find the info helpful as well:

--------------
    I'll be happy to try to help. The first thing i would check is whether you really have only one router or two. When setting up a VNC server at my home, I only had one router, a Netgear WNR2000, that is connected directly to my cable modem. In this scenario I only had to setup the port forwarding one time on my Netgear and everything worked perfectly. (I'm also using DynDNS.org to assign a name to my machine and using their "Updater" app to keep the records up to date whenever my cable modem's IP address changes, and that is quite handy!)

When I went to my parent's house and set it up the exact same way, I could not connect to the server from the outside! It took me a while but I finally figured out that their DSL modem was acting like a router as well, unlike my cable modem. Once I realized what was going on I was able to log into their DSL modem and apply appropriate port forwarding rules there as well. The setup now works like this:

Outside VNC client -> DSL Modem -> Wifi Router -> VNC Server PC

The DSL modem forwards the ports to the wifi router, which in turn forwards it to the VNC server machine. The reason I thought this might be relevant for you is that you mentioned that your local network was on 192.168.2.xxx and that is how my parent's was set up as well. That was my first clue that there were two routers in play. The local LAN for the DSL modem was on 192.168.1.xxx and the LAN for their router was on 192.168.2.xxx so I need to forward the ports on both devices in order to get through.

Hope that made sense! Let me know what happens and GOOD LUCK!
    05-16-11 09:21 AM
    Hi gtirsmiley,

I'm having the exact same problem and I live in the UAE too. Did you find a solution to the problem yet?
    No I didnt.. Please keep me updated if you find a solution and I will do the same.
    05-16-11 10:55 AM
    Kris, the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx ips are the associated router ip's as a standard. The TEN-DOT (10.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) ips are also a standard for internal company (intranet) ip's. For your PB to connect to your desktop, it will also need to be assigned a TEN-DOT ip on your internal network. You should be able to have that dynamically assigned to the PB via the router configuration, just as they are to the other devices. Check your wifi connection to the PB. If it has a 192. address, then that is probably why it won't connect to TEN-DOT computer. You basically are connecting to the router for your access to the INTERNET, but unable to get to your INTRANET with the PB.

EDIT: Just want to add: There are other ways that you could probably get it to connect other than this, but it would involve more advanced router configuration and probably isn't worth the effort, IMO.
    Update on situation: on one of the other threads, someone mentioned setting up profiles for both the router and external IP. When I got into my office today, I added a profile for the internal wifi with my desktop IP address 10.xx.xx.xxx and aVNC connected flawlessly! That being said, how do I connect from home? Our external IP address is 75.xxx.xx.xxx. If I have profiles for each under aVNC, should it connect from outside?
    05-16-11 11:32 AM
159 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD