This can't come soon enough. Will the app after approval support RealVNC connections?
    05-02-11 08:01 PM
    This is kind of annoying that it has't been approved yet. Does it support RealVNC yet? I want to know before I lay down the cash to try it out.
    05-05-11 10:20 AM
    aVNC will be $2.99 when approved in the store. We have just been performing some additional long range break testing. aVNC supports many vnc servers we decided to use a RealVNC server (required authenticated login) running on a 10 year old windows 2000 machine which had a 1.2 Ghz Athlon CPU with a 512 upload connection from it. Using aVNC it was easy to navigate round the computer and performance was good. We wrote word documents using the playbook soft keyboard, used the browser, launched applications and navigated round the file directories easily. aVNC has resizing options to change the zoom factor of the screen so you can switch between viewing the entire screen scaled to fit the playbook's stunning 1024x600 or zooming in which is great to click on buttons, navigate through menus. We have also tested with other major VNC servers including TightVNC, UltraVNC and other major brands.
    05-05-11 02:20 PM
    great, thanks! Looking forward to this being finally released...
    05-05-11 02:37 PM
    aVNC will be $2.99 when approved in the store. We have just been performing some additional long range break testing. aVNC supports many vnc servers we decided to use a RealVNC server (required authenticated login) running on a 10 year old windows 2000 machine which had a 1.2 Ghz Athlon CPU with a 512 upload connection from it. Using aVNC it was easy to navigate round the computer and performance was good. We wrote word documents using the playbook soft keyboard, used the browser, launched applications and navigated round the file directories easily. aVNC has resizing options to change the zoom factor of the screen so you can switch between viewing the entire screen scaled to fit the playbook's stunning 1024x600 or zooming in which is great to click on buttons, navigate through menus. We have also tested with other major VNC servers including TightVNC, UltraVNC and other major brands.
    Now I just need an RDP client.
    05-05-11 02:39 PM
    aVNC has been approved and is available within the app world store. Please let me know of any issues found. You can PM me directly. We are working on encryption support
    05-05-11 03:21 PM
    aVNC has been approved and is available within the app world store. Please let me know of any issues found. You can PM me directly. We are working on encryption support
    Just bought and downloaded. Testing now. Thanks!
    05-05-11 03:26 PM
    Awesome app and good job!

I'm awaiting encryption support so I can use this outside the firewall!
    05-05-11 05:27 PM
    Awesome app and good job!

I'm awaiting encryption support so I can use this outside the firewall!
    Thank you. We are actively working on this.
    05-05-11 06:04 PM
    Hello,

aVNC installed fine on the Playbook. RealVNC (latest) installed on host machine with authentication turned on. Connection tested with separate laptop client with success. When I attempt to connect from aVNC on playbook I see the password authentication dialog, I enter the correct password, then I get an error message "Connection could not be established. ...session will be closed."

Firewall shouldn't be an issue since I'm able to connect from another client.

Any suggestions? Thanks ahead of time.

-joe
    05-08-11 05:38 PM
    Hello,

aVNC installed fine on the Playbook. RealVNC (latest) installed on host machine with authentication turned on. Connection tested with separate laptop client with success. When I attempt to connect from aVNC on playbook I see the password authentication dialog, I enter the correct password, then I get an error message "Connection could not be established. ...session will be closed."

Firewall shouldn't be an issue since I'm able to connect from another client.

Any suggestions? Thanks ahead of time.

-joe
    Hi. Try running the realvnc in protocol 3.3 or legacy mode. This can be done either through the legacy tab or in the expert settings protocol3.3 set to true. We are getting RealVNC support for latest version into aVNC ASAP. Thank you for your patience and for purchasing aVNC I apologise for any inconvenience.
    05-08-11 06:36 PM
    can someone suggest a good VNC server to download? mention the prices as well.

it would be primarily for my personal use. if it works very well, i might use it for my company as well (only 4 people).

thank you. this is an amazing app.
    05-08-11 11:52 PM
    I used RealVNC and works well for me.

Tim

RealVNC - VNC� feature comparison and download selector
    05-09-11 12:17 AM
    I look forward to the User Guides being available for aVNC and then I can perhaps get it working on my Mac!
    05-09-11 04:58 AM
    yea i can't get it working on mac...my first app i purchased too =X
    i set up everything on remote login and remote management under my sharing options in my mac...i'm able to enter my password says connected than right away i get "connection cannot be established...."
    05-09-11 07:50 AM
    Hi. We appreciate that Mac servers are having an issue using and have brought in Macs for our internal testing for the next version. Thank you for your patience on this matter. We have also redeigned the method that you navigate about and added many more features in the next releases.
    05-09-11 10:57 AM
    Hi. Try running the realvnc in protocol 3.3 or legacy mode. This can be done either through the legacy tab or in the expert settings protocol3.3 set to true. We are getting RealVNC support for latest version into aVNC ASAP. Thank you for your patience and for purchasing aVNC I apologise for any inconvenience.
    I'm also having the same problem as well. Changing the expert settings to protocol3.3 didn't resolve the problem. I continue to receive the same error message ("Connection could not be established. ...session will be closed.") after logging in with my password. The connection to host server is successful whenever a desktop or laptop is used.
    05-10-11 03:16 AM
    Great app! Got it to work fine on first go!
    05-10-11 10:17 AM
    just got it set up. was stupid and did not download realVNC in order to connect to my computer...duh. got connected lickity split. nice screen view and quite responsive (using wi-fi). good deal for $2.99. now my playbook is almost complete for use outside of the office. beats lugging around a laptop. now if we can just get email connected....
    05-10-11 12:09 PM
    Tried for several hours to get it to work with RealVNC and never got it running. Downloaded TightVNC and had it up in minutes.
    05-10-11 12:22 PM
    Hi. We appreciate that Mac servers are having an issue using and have brought in Macs for our internal testing for the next version. Thank you for your patience on this matter. We have also redeigned the method that you navigate about and added many more features in the next releases.
    Just bought it, didn't read that it didn't work on a Mac until now. Any ETA on Mac support or a workaround to connect to a Mac?

Robert
    05-10-11 12:29 PM
    Bummed...Went and got a BT mouse so that I could "right click" and it doesn't work.

Worked great doing everything else, but really really need the right click to work.

Tim

Update, mouse stopped working altogether via aVNC..

Will tinker with it.
    Last edited by trsbbs; 05-10-11 at 02:53 PM.
    05-10-11 02:50 PM
    Will it work with WinVNC ?
    05-10-11 05:21 PM
    Great program. Is there away to transfer files from the host computer to the playbook when connected? I know there is an option in TightVNC to enable file transfers so it would be great if there was the ability to use it.

Other wishlist items:
    - right click
    - multi touch zoom
    05-10-11 06:39 PM
    We are working with macs at the moment to get them up and running with aVNC and will be updating the release in the update queue shortly.

We have reworked navigation, pinch zoom, moving about, colour depth, adding more keys like escape, F1-F10, right click and a whole new style to fit in with other blackberry playbook apps (also looks much less Apple like, thank you for raising this).

When there is a moment from the development of aVNC, aMail and other apps we have in the pipeline I will make sure some screen shots of v2 are uploaded. Thank you for you patience with this.
    05-10-11 08:38 PM
159 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD