Ive got it integrated with a weather service, just have to give you some way to enter the location and Ill release the working version to the wild
    Awesome! Here's some info that may help you out...

If you want to set it up to use the GPS to set the location, take a look here:
    How To - Enable GPS capability in BlackBerry WebWo... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

And here's some sample code for a swipe down menu in webworks:
    Code:
            function showMenuBar()
            {
                document.getElementById("menuBar").className = "showMenuBar";
            }
            function hideMenuBar()
            {
                document.getElementById("menuBar").className = "hideMenuBar";
            }    
            function doMenuAction(msg)
            {
                //Change the following alert() statement to whatever action you wish to invoke from the given menu item.
                alert(msg);
                hideMenuBar();
            }        
            function doMenuLink(link)
            {
                //Change the following alert() statement to whatever action you wish to invoke from the given menu item.
                alert(link);
                document.getElementById('ClipLink')
                window.location(link);
                hideMenuBar();
            }        
            function setHandlers()
            {
                blackberry.app.event.onSwipeDown(showMenuBar);
                showMenuBar();
            }
    Maybe you've already got this far, but I thought I'd pass along some info just in case.
    07-16-11 01:31 PM
    Probably easier just to allow zip code entry or something. That way you dont have to rely on a non assisted gps lock and can search other areas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 01:47 PM
    Please make it an international app with support for EU as well

07-16-11 01:51 PM
    Thanks for the info, I hadnt used any of this. This is my first crack at a webworks app so still getting used to the api, its much different than the AIR dev.

Only problems im running into is finding a weather API that provides hourly data 5/7 days out. Not sure if there is one.

Awesome! Here's some info that may help you out...

If you want to set it up to use the GPS to set the location, take a look here:
    How To - Enable GPS capability in BlackBerry WebWo... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

And here's some sample code for a swipe down menu in webworks:
    Code:
            function showMenuBar()
            {
                document.getElementById("menuBar").className = "showMenuBar";
            }
            function hideMenuBar()
            {
                document.getElementById("menuBar").className = "hideMenuBar";
            }    
            function doMenuAction(msg)
            {
                alert(msg);
                hideMenuBar();
            }        
            function doMenuLink(link)
            {
                alert(link);
                document.getElementById('ClipLink')
                window.location(link);
                hideMenuBar();
            }        
            function setHandlers()
            {
                blackberry.app.event.onSwipeDown(showMenuBar);
                showMenuBar();
            }
    Maybe you've already got this far, but I thought I'd pass along some info just in case.
    07-16-11 02:54 PM
    Neat app but the demo was on Feb (MWC11 was in Feb, right?), it's July now and we still don't get an official release? This guy on the interview emphasizes quick development (He states that it took TAT a week to develop this demo app) yet no official release? It's been almost 5 months! What is wrong with this picture? Do the webworks development platform excel at producing demo-level apps but suck at producing production-level apps? A lot of promises on apps and RIM/Third-party failing to deliver on its promises (in a timely manner), perhaps it's just too damn hard to make apps for the Playbook? I am starting to give up hope...
    Yeah, I recalled that same demo from months ago also. Something clearly is holding back app development or release for the Playbook. A lot of the long announced and overdue important apps are still overdue with nothing but rumors and speculation as to when they will finally launch and what has caused the delay. I haven't seen any credible leaks or stories from developers that there is some serious and unanticipated problem with QNX though. And its not like people have been closed-mouthed about Playbook issues (with the exception of RIM of course). So I'm frustrated over the delays rather than despairing, FWIW. I still expect these wonder apps to eventually arrive.
    sayg likes this.
    07-16-11 05:20 PM
    I dont believe this app was ever actually said to be released as an app... Also developing a demo is irrelevant, as you can see demos can hardcode everything. They only have to function on the surface. So it has no real bearing on actual development times.

07-16-11 11:28 PM
    They ought to release it as an app. I side loaded it and I will be using it to impress everyone who I come in contact with who's looking at tablets. I'll run the weather app, minimize it, open the camera, and rotate it side to side so the clouds swing and the camera moves. its a great way to demo the device.
    sayg likes this.
    07-17-11 11:52 AM
    Ive got it integrated with a weather service, just have to give you some way to enter the location and Ill release the working version to the wild
    errr...the dev on this went down as fast as the original dev...
    09-21-11 01:35 AM
    Wow, how useful... if you live in Barcelona or plan to visit soon.
    I'm from Barcelona... love to have this app soon!
    09-21-11 03:20 AM
    Is there a weather app that will display the current temperature on the home page ala Blackberry Style?

Just wondering if there apps that have these kind of notificaitions, or if PB doesn't allow for that right now.
    09-21-11 07:32 AM
    Is there a weather app that will display the current temperature on the home page ala Blackberry Style?

Just wondering if there apps that have these kind of notificaitions, or if PB doesn't allow for that right now.
    PB does not have any support for such things as of yet, sadly.
    09-21-11 08:22 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD