I hope this thread will consolidate all the different Playbook app request people are asking for on different threads.

If you have an idea for an app, list it one app per post. People that are interested in the same type of app can thank the poster and this will serve as a guage of the amount of interest in that particular app.

Strong interest will hopefully help entice potential developers into creating the app.
    06-04-11 12:31 PM
    06-04-11 12:37 PM
    No, this a bit different.. That is a place to consolidate contact info for different shops out there so we can all let them know we want them to develop versions of their existing apps that run on the Playbook.. (Evernote, Netflix, etc..)

I think the OP on this thread is a place for people to offer up ideas on new apps they would like to see some write. I'll give an example in my next thread.
    06-04-11 01:49 PM
    I'd like to see someone develop and app that would allow you to integrate the basic functionality of the Google Maps mapping interface with your geocaching.com account so that you could see geocaches on the map around you as you drove around town. Then, if you tapped on a geocache near you, it could link you to the details on that cache in the web browser..
    06-04-11 01:52 PM
    I asked for this in the app forum a while ago:

A cursor keypad - a diagonal swipe from bottom right brings up a cursor keypad:

left/right/up/down pageup/down/home/end

Simple. I want to be able to edit text without flying a drone into foreign territory hoping I will hit the typo!
    06-04-11 02:05 PM
    Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker.

Guess what app I would like to see?
    ScoobsDM, ewakil12, loriov and 3 others like this.
    06-04-11 02:22 PM

Simple. I want to be able to edit text without flying a drone into foreign territory hoping I will hit the typo!
    that sbwhat i figured out after a day of use and typos...
    06-04-11 02:58 PM
    A radio player where I can add my stations.
    06-04-11 03:49 PM
    Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker. Ad-blocker.

Guess what app I would like to see?

ad blocker please. of course free preferred but id pay.
    06-04-11 05:19 PM
    An app that allows me to use my BB's keyboard for input over bluetooth.
    Although I'm sure a corresponding app for the BB will have to be developed for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    moryc likes this.
    06-04-11 05:24 PM

x2. I can't believe nobody has figured out that arrow keys on a touch screen would be freaking gold. Doesn't anyone at RIM or Apple actually use the device for more than 10 minutes before launching it?
    10-13-11 03:41 PM
    Ad-Blocker (SPecialy Blocking Google ads) and TeamViewer.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-13-11 04:47 PM
    While this is kind of trivial, I would love an app that could add album art to all the albums in my music player. I had all the album art in iTunes, but i seem to have lost about half of it upon transfer to my Playbook.

Kind of anal, but I hate the way music player looks without all the album art. I would gladly pay a few bucks if someone had a utility to do this easily.

edit: I see there is a way to do his via my computer...but I still stand by my lazy desire for a Playbook app to do this for me.
    Last edited by Infiniti14; 10-13-11 at 05:07 PM.
    tramer likes this.
    10-13-11 04:59 PM
    Remote Desktop would be welcome
    10-13-11 05:09 PM
    A decent .pdf reader.
    mikegcox and tramer like this.
    10-13-11 05:31 PM
    A fitness app.
    You should be able to schedule the different days you’re planning on going to the gym.
    Put in the different exercises, amount of weights you’re going to use, the number of reps and name the exercise as you wish.

Put in cardio exercises, put in the amount of time. For example when you're running, you see an evolution of the time you needed for a certain distance. Maybe even calculate calories (I know this is difficult but can be read from the machine itself and be inputted)
    Possibility to change the weights and reps and maybe see an evolution of the weights you’re using and this should be possible per exercise.
    Put in your body weight and see how it evolves on some kind of graph
    Maybe even have the possibility to export all this to an excel file.
    10-13-11 06:15 PM
    While this is kind of trivial, I would love an app that could add album art to all the albums in my music player. I had all the album art in iTunes, but i seem to have lost about half of it upon transfer to my Playbook.

Kind of anal, but I hate the way music player looks without all the album art. I would gladly pay a few bucks if someone had a utility to do this easily.

edit: I see there is a way to do his via my computer...but I still stand by my lazy desire for a Playbook app to do this for me.
    In itunes add manually the missing cover arts (even if they show up on itunes), by manually i mean donwloading the cover art image and then assign the .jpg file in itunes, then transfer your songs again and you should see the cover art in the PB.
    10-13-11 06:22 PM
    The arrow key cursor movement would need to be part of the operating system extending the current functionality of the existing keyboard which is an available component to apps that allow typing. As a stand-alone app, it would do nothing.

The same is true for bluetooth BB keyboard working on the Playbook.

I think that Adblocker is a great idea. If it's going to be free, maybe it can be supported by ads.
    10-13-11 06:51 PM
    Ad-Blocker (SPecialy Blocking Google ads) and TeamViewer.
    Teamviewer for sure!
    10-13-11 06:53 PM
    ANGRY BIRDS!!!!

Just kidding!! I'd actually like a NetFlix app as my wife and I use NetFlix a lot and that would pretty much render my iPad sold....
    moryc likes this.
    10-13-11 06:58 PM
    an app where I can make a contract in DTG and be able to have a client sign it, and export/mail it as a .pdf
    10-13-11 11:18 PM
    SMB or NFS browser, so that i can open files from my network, without having to download them on playbook
    10-14-11 09:03 AM
    any try to use skype videocall service would be awesome
    10-14-11 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD