Another reason y i m head over heels in love with my Playbook.The game is simply awesome .Here is a video of a small gameplay i uploaded.
    Enjoy
    BSFA2008, sf49ers and Guyzer like this.
    10-14-11 01:20 AM
    do you like the controls on this better than NFS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 03:30 AM
    yup the controls(manual steering+break) are smooth and better than nfs
    10-14-11 04:13 AM
    thank for sharing,the game look cool...
    10-14-11 05:10 AM
    Sadly the game looks better and runs more smooth on the iPad 1/2 and costs less (1 Dollar)... (got both, PB and iPad 2)
    10-14-11 06:59 AM
    Game looks good, BUT your driving skills need some work!! j/k
    10-14-11 08:39 AM
    Sadly the game looks better and runs more smooth on the iPad 1/2 and costs less (1 Dollar)... (got both, PB and iPad 2)
    Seriously, I hooked it onto my 40 " HDTV and man what can I tell you- PB beats everything (hooked or unhooked) anyday, and one dollar, common man I just lost a couple on the vending machine this morning......
    Last edited by anindoc; 10-14-11 at 08:48 AM.
    10-14-11 08:46 AM
    I played it on both but I found the controls+tablet more comfortable on PB
    And the HDTV gameplay experience wins most of the arguments(my opinion)
    10-14-11 09:03 AM
    Try airplay mirroring, No cable to tie you down.

I played it on both but I found the controls+tablet more comfortable on PB
    And the HDTV gameplay experience wins most of the arguments(my opinion)
    10-14-11 09:35 AM
    Try airplay mirroring, No cable to tie you down.
    Xandermac, does airplay work with games? as in no input lag? if so that is some very impressive tech.
    10-14-11 09:45 AM
    I believe the developer has to write in support, but yeah, any game or app. It will also go beyond mirroring and use a dual display setup. For example, Real Racing will display the game on your HDTV and the controls/guages etc on the iPad, quite clever. Also, 4 player splitscreen wirelessly. Of course, you need an AppleTV for $99.

Apparently RIM is producing an AppleTV like device, I can't wait for that.

http://toucharcade.com/2011/06/08/re...lay-mirroring/
    http://ipadinsight.com/ipad-games/re...play-mirroring

Xandermac, does airplay work with games? as in no input lag? if so that is some very impressive tech.
    10-14-11 09:50 AM
    I found that when you crank the wheel the car doesn't always turn as hard as you are steering.. But for just jump right in and play its better then NFS..
    10-14-11 09:54 AM
    I found that when you crank the wheel the car doesn't always turn as hard as you are steering.. But for just jump right in and play its better then NFS..
    Adjust the steering sensivity and it should work fine
    10-14-11 10:15 AM
    Lets not forget that Asphalt 6 HD started out at 6.99 in the i store and is still listed at 6.99 in the android market. The difference is that users would rather jailbreak and steal the app or pay the dollar then pay fair market value.
    10-14-11 11:37 AM
    I believe the developer has to write in support, but yeah, any game or app. It will also go beyond mirroring and use a dual display setup. For example, Real Racing will display the game on your HDTV and the controls/guages etc on the iPad, quite clever. Also, 4 player splitscreen wirelessly. Of course, you need an AppleTV for $99.

'Real Racing 2 HD' Will Be First to Support AirPlay Mirroring When iOS 5 Releases This Fall | Touch Arcade
    Real Racing 2 Update Will Bring 4-Player Split Screen Racing to AirPlay Mirroring
    i dont want to even imagine how awesome it would be (being sarcastic here) to hold the large ipad as a controller with 2 hands..

those copycats will come out with a 7 inch tablet sooner or later...it is ridiculous to try to play any game which needs both hands (like racing games to steer the whole device and get most fun out of it) etc..it is just lame...if the PB can release more games it can take the market away from ifad in terms of gameplay. some bloody proper advertising from BB is needed to highlight the advantages of playing games on a PB (7 inch) rather than a 10" device.

after all, apple can always claim the guy who infamously said about 7 inch tablets were 'dead' on arrival himself is 'dead' so his claims were no longer valid and they release a 7" tab.
    10-14-11 11:53 AM
    I use both hands for my PS3 & xBox controllers..... Seems to work.....

it is ridiculous to try to play any game which needs both hands (like racing games to steer the whole device and get most fun out of it) etc..it is just lame...
    10-14-11 11:59 AM
    wow thanks for posting that vid! The game looks awesome! Now I'm supper tempted to buy it haha.

Quick question, can you go to the home screen on the PB while the game is still running in the background? Like with NFS?
    10-14-11 12:07 PM
    I use both hands for my PS3 & xBox controllers..... Seems to work.....
    on a 10 inch tab that is..
    10-14-11 12:28 PM

'Real Racing 2 HD' Will Be First to Support AirPlay Mirroring When iOS 5 Releases This Fall | Touch Arcade
    Real Racing 2 Update Will Bring 4-Player Split Screen Racing to AirPlay Mirroring
    Thats very impressive actually, you need an apple tv but its awesome still, do you know how the Ipad transmits video to the Apple TV? is it Bluetooth or Wifi?
    10-14-11 05:05 PM
    Nice that this game uses the wheel to drive and actually lets you accelerate instead of the dumbed down accelerometer controls...

On the minus side, the collision looks a little buggy (that and the fact that NFS is free).
    10-14-11 05:06 PM
    wow thanks for posting that vid! The game looks awesome! Now I'm supper tempted to buy it haha.

Quick question, can you go to the home screen on the PB while the game is still running in the background? Like with NFS?
    it will pause.
    10-15-11 11:54 AM
    I really like this game! There are a few glitches if you call them that. Sometimes when close to a wall that is between the main track and a shortcut I became stuck inside the wall. The game was quite interesting for a few seconds until I was spit out on the main track again. Sometimes too I noticed if I came up on another racer I could actually drive through him.

All negativity aside this game rules. I am very happy with the $6.99 I spent.
    10-15-11 09:18 PM
    Well I took the plunge and am downloading now. I was horrible at Need for Speed; hopefully, my experience will be better with this one. Oh, as an aside, does anyone know when downloading a large game such as this - will the download still continue when the device goes into the stupid 5 minute suspend thing or does App World prevent this from happening?
    10-15-11 11:45 PM
    Well I took the plunge and am downloading now. I was horrible at Need for Speed; hopefully, my experience will be better with this one. Oh, as an aside, does anyone know when downloading a large game such as this - will the download still continue when the device goes into the stupid 5 minute suspend thing or does App World prevent this from happening?
    the download still continues in the stanby mode. awesomeness of playbook
    10-16-11 11:02 AM
    i bought the game because of this video. i also bought two other games because i enjoyed it that much
    10-16-11 01:21 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD