Hello there Crackberry friends.
    I am a sales rep for a manufacturer of construction materials and have been wanting to use my playbook more for work. Currently I am on the road most days taking information from clients, drawing and recording measurements on a note pad, and starting to take more and more photos with my playbook.
    I use a quoting software on my laptop to create quotes and orders for clients but unfortunately cannot use it on my playbook due to security and license issues.
    What I would love to be able to do is create a file on my playbook for everyjob/client I present a quote. In this file I would like to store a pdf of the quote, my drawings with notes and dimensions on it, and the pictures of the project.
    What would be great is if there was an app that I could take a picture of the item then some how be able to put text notes and draw lines and measurement right on the picture I took (similar to editing a photo in photoshop)
    So my question to all of you is what apps do you use on your playbook to be productive and organized? If any of you are in a similar kind of industry how do you use the playbook? Is it possible to create individual folders and put all the info in them I described above? Can you recommend a good CRM?

And if there are any developers who read this I am sure you would do well if you were to create an app like this.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.
    02-17-12 12:17 PM
    Hello there Crackberry friends.
    I am a sales rep for a manufacturer of construction materials and have been wanting to use my playbook more for work. Currently I am on the road most days taking information from clients, drawing and recording measurements on a note pad, and starting to take more and more photos with my playbook.
    I use a quoting software on my laptop to create quotes and orders for clients but unfortunately cannot use it on my playbook due to security and license issues.
    What I would love to be able to do is create a file on my playbook for everyjob/client I present a quote. In this file I would like to store a pdf of the quote, my drawings with notes and dimensions on it, and the pictures of the project.
    What would be great is if there was an app that I could take a picture of the item then some how be able to put text notes and draw lines and measurement right on the picture I took (similar to editing a photo in photoshop)
    So my question to all of you is what apps do you use on your playbook to be productive and organized? If any of you are in a similar kind of industry how do you use the playbook? Is it possible to create individual folders and put all the info in them I described above? Can you recommend a good CRM?

And if there are any developers who read this I am sure you would do well if you were to create an app like this.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.
    This is really what I am after with my LinkNote application. For now it has basic Contact <-> Project <-> Note <-> Contact relationship but I am planning to evolve it into the model you explained (CRM like with ability to annotate). Would love to hear more specific feedback to take it into that direction.
    02-17-12 12:25 PM
    Thanks for responding LINKNOTE and I just took a quick look at your app and it looks like you have the basics of what could be the perfect app for me. For now it seems like a great organizer with a few bells and whistles but from the description in AppWorld and your comment here I think you are thinking the same direction as myself.
    If you would like to know more detail about what I would like to see in an app please feel free to PM me.
    02-17-12 12:41 PM
    Definitively. I am on the road today but I will contact contact you over the weekend.
    02-17-12 04:04 PM
    I look forward to hearing from you.

So anybody else have a favorite app they use in this capacity? Come on share your stories
    02-17-12 10:23 PM
    There is an app called picinote in appworld. it allows you to take pic and add notes with keyboard or stylus
    craigs likes this.
    02-17-12 10:49 PM
    There is an app called picinote in appworld. it allows you to take pic and add notes with keyboard or stylus

Thank you for the suggestion. I looked at the app and it looks like it can do most of what I need as far as taking a picture and putting notes on the photo.
    I think what I need is something that is a combination of a CRM, picinotes, BOX or Evernote. Perhaps when OS2.0 comes out I will be able to create individual folder then put info from these individual apps into them. Would be perfect if there was an app I could use to do it all on the playbook with.
    What I image is when I visit a job site is, open the app and within the app take a picture (lets say a window or a roof) then measure the items and record the dimensions right on the picture (picinote appears to do this) then within the app create a folder with a job name, after I create a quote on my laptop I can then send a pdf of the quote to my email and save that pdf in the folder within the app. If need be I can upload the folder to BOX or Evernote.

By the way can somebody explain the difference between BOX and Evernote to me? They appear to be very similar. Also what is Dropbox/BlueBox exactly? I know it works along side of BOX but don't understand why it is needed.
    Last edited by craigs; 02-18-12 at 10:27 AM.
    02-18-12 10:08 AM
    I am a sales rep as well. I have started using "Evernote" as it can be used across many platforms simultaneously- ie: playbook, torch ,pc & imac. There are other apps available through the "trunk" that work alongside evernote. You can try the free version - but , if your like me you will sign up to the premium service pretty fast.
    Good Luck!
    craigs likes this.
    02-18-12 10:22 AM
    I will.go check it out. I was on the evernote website yesterday and see they have other apps but appeared the only one developed for BB was the Evernote app. I will go look a little closer. Thanks for the input.
    Oh do you use a CRM on your playbook?
    02-18-12 10:30 AM

By the way can somebody explain the difference between BOX and Evernote to me? They appear to be very similar. Also what is Dropbox exactly? I know it works along side of BOX but don't understand why it is needed.
    I use Dropbox as well. This app helps me keep files -like blank salesorders & account info across all platforms for quick access.
    I found that Evernote allows me better customization of structure (individual account notebook), better organization, allows any file (.jpg, xls, pdf etc) to be stored within a note & allows me to search by keyword through an individual notebook or all notebooks. I am now keeping everything I need in evernote, both business & personal - it is a game changer. I also use a scansnap scanner for just about everything. try youtube to see an example. (by the way... I don't work for them. LOL!)
    craigs likes this.
    02-18-12 10:40 AM
    I have seen ScanSnap before and it is pretty sweet.
    02-18-12 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD