Credits : Pdamobiz.com

Hi all, I am Thai, from Thailand, we also have our BB communities. We have problem about Thai language input and I found that many users here are requesting RIM for their Asian native languages support as well.

Finally, we found the alternative way to input Thai language using Android keyboard via Android emulator. (The supported language can be checked by using browser, browse to your local website, if browser support your site that mean you can use this solution )

I use "Hacker's keyboard for Android v1.31" which support Thai language. I believed that if you find the keyboard which support others such as Chinese, Japanese and Korea. It can be used using this solution as well.

Others language, please try "MultiLing Keyboard", I heard from my friend that it also can be used with this solution with more languages support. But please find the .apk and convert by yourself due to I don't have the file.

You have to prepare 2 apps as below.
    - Please send me your email via PM, I will send file to you directly (around 3MB)
    *** Hard to find the good free file storage now

How to install

1) Side-load Android setting app and check if the app run well.
    2) Restart Playbook ! Yes, restart Playbook.
    3) Side-load Hacker's keyboard v1.31 as normal. ( Or MultiLing keyboard )

How to set the keyboard
    1) Lunch Setting app. And lunch your keyboard app also.
    2) Go to Language & Keyboard.
    3) Swipe down to Keyboard setting item, un-select all keyboards, accept Hacker's keyboard. ( Or MultiLing keyboard )
    4) Go to keyboard setting which is below the line that you selected the keyboard.
    5) Select the languages which you want to use.
    6) That's all !

How to use with native PB apps - Copy and paste !
    This keyboard can be used under Android emulator only SO when you need to input the languages in native apps, you have to type it in any of Android app, then copy from that app and paste it to your native app. Even it is not convenience to input our needed language but it is better than nothings, right !

Thanks for brilliant multi-tasking performance of PB, it makes me more little easier to copy and paste across two apps.

Hope it can help some guys while we are waiting for RIM supporting and update !
    Please help to test the other keyboards and feedback if they can be used also.

Thank you very much for Crackberry.com for great community for our BB addict.
    Last edited by Eakle; 07-26-12 at 09:14 AM.
    khaisilk1910 and pannapa like this.
    04-04-12 12:32 PM
    Hi,
    I did exactly as you wrote, but the BB keyboard always get the mark and dismark the other keyboard...
    someone know what to do?
    04-04-12 02:05 PM
    hmm... I did step by step with MultiLing keyboard but it always sticks at Blackberry keyboard, nothing has changed.
    04-04-12 02:26 PM

Hi all, I am Thai, from Thailand[/I][/B]
    Your name is Thai and you're from Thailand. That's awesome.
    04-04-12 02:37 PM
    Hi,
    I did exactly as you wrote, but the BB keyboard always get the mark and dismark the other keyboard...
    someone know what to do?
    hmm... I did step by step with MultiLing keyboard but it always sticks at Blackberry keyboard, nothing has changed.
    1) You have to "un-check" the blackberry keyboard in setting app first. *important*
    2) Run the keyboard app again to make sure that your keyboard app was loaded in background.
    3) When you wanna use keyboard, just tab on the input box in app, for example the URL input on Dolphin browser, the keyboard will automatically appear.
    (Don't use the bottom left bezel to call keyboard, it will always call BB keyboard)

Please see below for more details, I "un-select" Blackberry keyboard, and "select" Hacker's keyboard. IF your setting app did not show the another keyboard in list, you have to load the keyboard app manually again.

Hope it can help !

Last edited by Eakle; 04-05-12 at 12:52 AM.
    04-05-12 12:34 AM
    Your name is Thai and you're from Thailand. That's awesome.
    LOL, actually, I would like to tell you that my nationality is Thai, not my name.
    Because of my poor english, it made you misunderstood. Sorry

We also have some people name "Thai" but not me
    Last edited by Eakle; 04-05-12 at 12:45 AM.
    04-05-12 12:43 AM
    LOL, actually, I would like to tell you that my nationality is Thai, not my name.

Haha, okay that's what I thought you might have meant to say.
    04-05-12 09:49 AM

I would just like to say that your English is FAR from poor. To write an opening post like you did takes a very high level of understanding. Don't be too tough on yourself.
    Eakle likes this.
    04-05-12 10:03 AM
    Sawat dee crap! Khawp khun maak crap! Phom yaak samaat khian pasaa thai duay Playbook.

Sorry for the approximative English translation of the Thai language. I speak and read Thai (but not as well as you speak English!).
    I hope I can install the language on the Playbook. I will try later today. Thanks!
    Last edited by angkorbeer; 07-03-12 at 02:29 PM.
    07-03-12 02:25 PM
    You have to prepare 2 apps as below.
    1) Android setting, you can check it here --> Setting
    2) Hacker's keyboard v1.31, you also can check here --> HK131 ( Or MultiLing keyboard )
    [B]
    Link dead.......
    07-03-12 08:28 PM
    Sawat dee crap! Khawp khun maak crap! Phom yaak samaat khian pasaa thai duay Playbook.

Sorry for the approximative English translation of the Thai language. I speak and read Thai (but not as well as you speak English!).
    I hope I can install the language on the Playbook. I will try later today. Thanks!
    Sawasdee Krub Your Thai is good.

Currently, if you would like to type Thai language, we have another alternative way now. Our Thai developer has developed Thai keyboard app for Playbook already. Just go inside app world and search for "Thai keyboard", that's all. (FREE)

Hope it can help
    07-26-12 08:55 AM
    Link dead.......
    PM me your address, I will send file to you directly
    07-26-12 09:15 AM
    Sawasdee Krub Your Thai is good.

Currently, if you would like to type Thai language, we have another alternative way now. Our Thai developer has developed Thai keyboard app for Playbook already. Just go inside app world and search for "Thai keyboard", that's all. (FREE)

Hope it can help
    Thanks,

Unfortunately, my router's wi-fi is dead. I'll have to wait until I buy a new one to try.

I'll come back to tell you as soon as I can install it.
    Eakle likes this.
    07-26-12 09:43 AM
    I just removed Multiling Keyboard from my playbook. It has been crash too often. So, i am using this app called Thai input. It's still copy and paste type of keyboard app for Thai language. It works well for temporarily use. However, I am still waiting a Thai native keyboard from RIM.
    Eakle likes this.
    07-29-12 02:57 AM
    I just removed Multiling Keyboard from my playbook. It has been crash too often. So, i am using this app called Thai input. It's still copy and paste type of keyboard app for Thai language. It works well for temporarily use. However, I am still waiting a Thai native keyboard from RIM.
    สวัสดีครับ สบายดีหรือครับ

Are you talking about "Codemobile Thai input" ?

That's the one I found and installed. It seems to work well so far.

I'm not used to writing Thai with a keyboard (I lived in Thailand before everybody had computers). And my Thai is very rusty. This tool will be a good way to practise !

If you ever hear of good dictionaries too, please let me know.
    Also, if you hear of apps for other SE Asian languages, I'd like to know. I'm especially interested in Khmer, which I started learning.
    Last edited by angkorbeer; 08-03-12 at 08:38 AM.
    08-03-12 08:32 AM
    สวัสดีครับ สบายดีหรือครับ

Are you talking about "Codemobile Thai input" ?

That's the one I found and installed. It seems to work well so far.

I'm not used to writing Thai with a keyboard (I lived in Thailand before everybody had computers). And my Thai is very rusty. This tool will be a good way to practise !

If you ever hear of good dictionaries too, please let me know.
    Also, if you hear of apps for other SE Asian languages, I'd like to know. I'm especially interested in Khmer, which I started learning.
    I referred to this one. Thai Input There are a few Thai keyboard applications now. But i do use this one mostly. For Thai dictionary, you can search "CM Thai - English" on app world in your playbook. I think it is not a free app like their mobile version.
    08-03-12 01:53 PM
    I referred to this one. Thai Input There are a few Thai keyboard applications now. But i do use this one mostly. For Thai dictionary, you can search "CM Thai - English" on app world in your playbook. I think it is not a free app like their mobile version.
    Yours seems better. Thanks !
    08-03-12 05:31 PM
    And the dictionary seems really cool too.

บอบคุณมากครับ
    08-03-12 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD