Is the game ashphalt 6 better than the pre loaded nfs? I was thinking of getting it for 0.99 does ithave a gaspedal, or is it like nfs with auto acceleration?
    01-29-12 03:08 PM
    I'm just gonna say this
    After I played asphalt 6 I can not go back to playing NFS
    the sound is amazing and the graphics are impressive
    Before Asphalt 6 I was in love with NFS
    for 99 cents this game is a steal.
    01-29-12 03:21 PM
    It has more variety than NFS, but I feel the controls aren't quite as good (steering's a little too sensitive). It's definitely well worth the $0.99 though. In default control mode it's just like NFS, but I believe there's other control options too.
    01-29-12 03:23 PM
    way better than NFS IMO
    01-29-12 03:26 PM
    I think it is better than NFS.
    01-29-12 03:32 PM
    Wow thanks guys might get this just one question are there any knwn bugs with the os 2 beta? Because i bought starfront collision and with os 2 beta the sound glitches.

Oh and btw heres a neat wallpaper that works well on the playbook enjoy guys!!

Attachment 101649
    Last edited by spyhomer; 01-29-12 at 03:48 PM.
    01-29-12 03:37 PM
    Yeah sound bugs well at lease for me and these other games NOVA2,Starfront,Modern Combat,Eternal Legacy they all had that sound issue on my Playbook with OS2 Beta.
    I ended up downgrading to OS1 until the official OS2 is released
    01-29-12 04:02 PM
    Is it possible to downgrade your OS back to the offical one without loosing the local files on your device?
    01-29-12 04:12 PM
    Overall, it's a good game - the sensitivity of the steering can be changed which is good, although I get a lot of screen freezes which resolve after a couple of seconds to me crashing into a wall - which is not good, and puts me off the mutliplayer mode.
    01-29-12 04:51 PM
    Wow thanks guys might get this just one question are there any knwn bugs with the os 2 beta? Because i bought starfront collision and with os 2 beta the sound glitches.
    It has the same sound issues. It's a beta, it has bugs.
    01-29-12 05:13 PM
    One big difference, unless I'm doing something wrong is the drifting. In NFS, you can drift by twitching the device. In Asphalt 6, I can't get that to work. I have to tap the brake but it's not as fluid and sometimes the brake seems to stay on and slow me down. The multiplayer is a nice touch and for 99 cents, it's well worth it.
    01-29-12 05:57 PM
    I love the fact that you can change your controls to tap the screen to steer, to avoid having to swing with your device, when doing that I kinda feel dumb...
    01-29-12 06:12 PM
    i was looking to get this and spider-man.
    NFS doesn't interest me.
    01-29-12 06:42 PM
    the graphics in asphalt are AMAZING.
    the sound is also much BETTER.

its worth it

asphalt>nfs
    01-29-12 07:39 PM
    i was looking to get this and spider-man.
    NFS doesn't interest me.
    If NFS, a free, high quality racing game that was included by EA on the PlayBook as a showcase app doesn't interest you, what is it about Asphalt 6, an almost identical racing game, that does interest you?
    01-30-12 01:17 AM
    buy it you will love it.in settings change the way you drive so the playbook is not the steering wheel thats the best control.as you have read its hard to go back to nfs.have fun out there...
    01-30-12 01:29 AM
    i actually don't really like either NFS or Asphalt 6. NFS had great graphics, no lag at all. But with Asphalt 6, there is a ever so slight lag. Not sure if i'm alone on this. Though on entertainment value, asphalt 6 is good. With LOTS of cars and bikes to choose from. But it does get a little repetitive after a while. The effects and sound are good, but a little to fake for my liking. NFS on the other hand is rather boring, since i bought it when it was first launched on the iphone years ago. Not much replay value. I'm more towards the simulator type racing games. Despite that, i found asphalt to be a good fun to pass a bit of time. At the current price point, you can do no wrong in getting it. If you don't like it, you can just delete it.

looking forward to EA releasing more NFS titles though. I've bought every NFS title for iphone, but still i'm looking forward to see how it will showcase the graphics on the playbook.
    01-30-12 01:37 AM
    LOL, I've crashed more than once getting side-tracked by the awesome graphics. Some of the skies are amazing...
    01-30-12 01:52 AM
    I enjoyed Asphalt 6's simpler story line - just race, baby - and also the emphasis on tuning and the endless selection of cars to own/refit. I finished the "Career" campaign a week ago (that last Elimination race in Shanghai was tough), so now it's time to do some Free racing and just have fun trashing other cars.

Definitely worth the $0.99 price tag.

RCK
    01-30-12 01:58 AM
    If NFS, a free, high quality racing game that was included by EA on the PlayBook as a showcase app doesn't interest you, what is it about Asphalt 6, an almost identical racing game, that does interest you?
    i like midnight club racing on ps3, but not gran tourismo.
    not all racing games are the same, and i like fun arcade-like racers.
    01-31-12 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD