Small gripe from a user's point of view: in the playbook when you are tap into an app to get its descriptions, there is an area on the right bottom corner that says "Latest Review", but the latest review to an app is often a one liner that is not helpful at all...

I hope when 2.0 rolls out they could implement something like "Most Helpful Review" on the app description page like those of Amazon, especially if you are only showing one review on that page...
    Last edited by daviwu; 01-24-12 at 02:00 AM. Reason: typo
    kennyliu and tkhamis like this.
    01-24-12 01:56 AM
    Small gripe from a user's point of view: in the playbook when you are tap into an app to get its descriptions, there is an area on the right bottom corner that says "Latest Review", but the latest review to an app is often a one liner that is not helpful at all...

I hope when 2.0 rolls out they could implement something like "Most Helpful Review" on the app description page like those of Amazon, especially if you are only showing one review on that page...
    Yes, it is not much useful. Do you see an option of "More reviews" ?
    That is how I use it.. also I find it would be more useful if they had a contact developer button where I can send a mail from within appworld..

Does anyone know any place where I can suggest to the RIM. Like a feedback or something...
    kennyliu likes this.
    01-24-12 02:38 AM
    I would also like to see

- sorting by developer
    - more objective top (paid, free, new, by category, etc) lists with a greater number of apps shown
    - staff picks
    - sorting of apps into BB10/QNX and BB7,6,5 apps
    - similar app suggestions
    - comments on reviews for people to help each other sort out problems with an app
    - as pointed out above, more review sorting options (most helpful, most commented, chronological, etc.)
    - ability to delete apps from the list of uninstalled apps
    - and of course, some sort of trial period for apps

Edit: - ebooks should not be classified as apps but should be a separate non-app ("ebooks"?) category
    Last edited by kennyliu; 01-24-12 at 02:49 AM.
    Morten and cbvinh like this.
    01-24-12 02:41 AM
    App World has always left a lot to be desired, from a users and developers standpoint. If any changes are made any time soon, it will be to the AW on our phones before the PB version.
    01-24-12 09:34 AM
    Also be aware that Developers can remove reviews that they do not like. So negative reviews might not appear although we have been informed that the average STARS might actually include those poor reviews. There are legitimate reasons to remove some bad reviews when the reviewer did not understand the app or how to use it.
    peter9477 and kennyliu like this.
    01-24-12 11:10 AM
    The stars do not include the denied/bad reviews.
    peter9477 and kennyliu like this.
    01-24-12 11:49 AM
    I hope RIM overhauls AppWorld. Besides what kennyliu listed above, I would like to see brief videos of the app in action, if free demo versions aren't available. AppWorld apps tend to be more expensive than apps for other platforms and it would be nice to see what an app does before committing. Screenshots aren't enough.
    kennyliu likes this.
    01-24-12 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD