Hello All

What Apps do you want for your Playbook?
    And What action are you taking to get these apps?

++++++++++++
    Amazon's Kindle App
    Contact Sheet
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/conta...bUvbUpU6288210

I Contacted Kindle to inform them I am waiting on Kindle to release the Playbook app they promised in this press release
    Amazon Media Room: News Release
    +++++++++++

Skype App for Playbook
    Contact page
    https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/...stomer-Service

I have sent an email to Skype noncustomers@skype.net stating I am waiting for a playbook application, and commenting that I would like to see more than just verizon blackberry users get skype access on their blackberry's

+++++++++++++

What other mainstream applications are people waiting for,

do you have contact names? addresses? can we actually organize an email/twitter/social media campaign asking for these apps?

Lets discuss, and maybe get a ball rolling
    kbill1984 and padamssm like this.
    05-01-11 01:47 PM
    I'd pay $ for an ad-blocker app to remove all the annoying flash ads. Every now and then my thumb will trigger an ad popup and it's a huge pain. I'd also like to see a proper Kindle app that will allow me to load ebooks I've previously purchased. A more feature rich 3rd party app for playing music and movies would be nice as well.
    Herve5 likes this.
    05-01-11 02:30 PM
    I'm also waiting for the kindle app. Getting annoyed with no news at all. Thinking about just going with Kobo and saying to heck with amazon. I'm definitely impatient. Lol.
    Oh and I've emailed them a nice email and got kind of a rude response. I did a lot of business through amazon and at this point thinking about discontinuing that habbit ad well.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jessebo8247; 05-01-11 at 02:37 PM.
    05-01-11 02:34 PM
    I am waiting for
    Remote Desktop Client
    VNC client
    Native FaceBook and Twitter (primarily for integration into other parts of the OS such as "Send picture to FaceBook", I'd also like "Send Picture to Email", etc)
    Kindle would be nice too.

What am I doing? Waiting (im)patiently
    05-01-11 02:38 PM
    Hello All

What Apps do you want for your Playbook?
    And What action are you taking to get these apps?
    I've sent email requesting support for the PlayBook to:
    1) logmein - they have no plans to support PB; using logmein, I can log in remotely to my work PC through the PB browser but the PB keyboard doesn't come up; a RIM tech support rep is looking into this issue to see if there is any way to pull up the keyboard
    2) Citrix/GoToMyPC - no plans to support PB, however they have a feature called Universal Viewer that allows GoToMyPC to work with any computing device that supports Java; I haven't checked this out with RIM yet
    3) USAA.com - currently support some BlackBerry phones (not Storm) with most banking features but not Deposit @ Mobile; didn't sound hopeful for PB
    4) Sent message to RIM Beta Zone a few days ago asking if they have a remote desktop app in the works (was specifically mentioned in one of RIM's press releases/interviews) and requesting to test it; haven't heard back yet
    5) Hulu - sent before RIM announced their intervention; they said they didn't have the proper contracts in place with RIM; this will hopefully happen
    6) DropBox - voted online for them to support PB; for me, BlueBox is not working
    7) File Manager - I have this app on my Storm2 and it does what I need; I sent them email and they replied that they're waiting to
    see if there is a market for it on the PB.

I will send email to SKYPE (thanks for their link), Netflix, and Kindle. I think mounting an organized effort is a great idea and I'll happily join in, in a positive way.
    Last edited by padamssm; 05-01-11 at 04:10 PM.
    05-01-11 03:24 PM
    I agree, the more we politely and nicely request, the more likely the app. May not speed the app development much but push those on the fence to start!

i've already emailed Amazon, voted for Dropbox and contacted both Epocrates (drug reference i use for work) as well as the Wall St. Journal (i love my wsj bb mobile app!).
    05-01-11 03:37 PM
    Kindle, Citrix, Dropbox
    05-01-11 03:41 PM
    Has anyone heard when this is coming out? I need 4 tablets for work and they need to have video editing and I am trying sooooooooo hard not to buy iPad 2's. Would love to see this for the PlayBook soon along with a tripod adapter accessory. Anyone heard any rumors? Is Pinnacle someone I should contact?
    Last edited by timhorton; 05-01-11 at 04:01 PM.
    05-01-11 03:47 PM
    dropbox (i voted), any popcap.com games (i emailed 3 times already bugging them nicely to give me a definite answer), getglue (the website doesn't work 100% on the pb but then again it doesn't on my laptop either), im fine without kindle i rather like kobo i just hope we get a version as nice or nicer then the ipad one, and the amazon music and cloud.
    05-01-11 04:11 PM
    Wall St. Journal
    NY Times
    Bloomberg
    The Economist
    Financial Times
    Kindle

Wow, we are missing so many that are no-brainers!
    06-13-11 04:38 PM
    -Nexflix
    -Slingplayer
    -Vevo
    -Flixster
    -twitter (native)
    -facebook (native)
    -Tapatalk
    -Navigon or tom tom
    -Dropbox (yes i voted too)
    -1password
    -EBay
    -Beejive or im+ (still waiting for approval)
    -Youtube (real complete app with sign in)
    -Google maps (bing sucks big time)
    -Hulu
    -Scoremobile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by big samm; 06-13-11 at 05:02 PM.
    06-13-11 04:57 PM
    I wrote Ascendo - DataVault today.
    06-13-11 07:00 PM
    I actually am holding out for the Barnes and Noble ereader. In the meantime, I am utilizing Kobo. It is just fair at best. The actual reading of a book is not the issue, just a lot of features missing--look up a word's definition is one I really miss. But, my bigger issue is that availability of titles is limited. And any coupon code that I have happened to receive is totally useless. An error message comes up indicating that the discount is not valid for what I've selected. Glad this is the biggest issue in my life right now!
    06-13-11 07:02 PM
    i would love to have better games the ones on here are so lame. this is blackberry. everyone else who has stuff like this has good games. y doesny blackberry! i would like to see games like the sims and supermarket mania and sallys spa and....idk they have two good games with ea....why did they stop? Please continue! give us some real game options please! i would just actually love if they made a really good and fun sims game for us with a cheat code or two. id be sooooo happy.
    plus things like chat (IM) apps, skype for those of us who dont know ANYONE with a blackberry! and the other things Big Samm listed above.
    i am just really dissapointed after i bought this tablet cause it has soooooo much potential and theyre screwing the consumers on it. its like saying were going to get a whole car and we pay the full price for it and then they give us a steering wheel and say have a nice day thanks for all your money!
    so please i beg you tell them to give us NON LAME games.
    06-14-11 02:26 AM
    SKYPE SKYPE SKYPE!!!
    I live in Australia now and want to be able to talk to all my friends back in Canada...Haven't used the videochat yet because my bro set up the PB to his BBID...will do after exams

Dropbox, native Facebook and Twitter would be gold as well!!!

#1 for me would be Adobe adding a search function, bookmarks, and ability to add notes into the PDF reader...having textbooks on my PB was my number 1 reason to get it...but I can't scroll through 1000 page textbook looking for one little thing
    06-14-11 09:25 AM
    • Junos Pulse (secure connectivity over SSL VPN to corporate application)
    • Remote Desktop
    • Video Editing
    • Picture Editing
    • Global Search for everything on Playbook
    • Apps from my Hardware vendors, like IBM that allow me to connect to my server farm for hardware status, updates, etc.
    • Printing

Fixing existing apps:
    Docs to go (Give me the ability to open multiple docs at the same time please
    06-14-11 09:34 AM
    workable GPS or at least ipad level google maps
    06-14-11 09:58 AM
    im wondering why i see all these strange apps appear in appworld, but all apps "we want" not?
    i'm waiting for IM+ , seems to be submitted on may 27 to appworld, and i have sent an email.
    06-14-11 03:58 PM
    i wish they'd enable to have youtube tab in browser open and not pause the video when you switch to a different tab; RIM's claim of 'true multitasking' is a little farce.
    06-16-11 05:43 PM
    YEP SKYPE, SKYPE, SKYPE..... BUT:

Like some things in life if you want it enough you need to ask for it, and ask again, and again until someone listens... in this case SKYPE.

Suggest all those who want Skype on the Playbook... contact Skype and ask for it, inundate them until they realise that it is what THEIR customers want that matters.

Here's my effort... standardised reply etc, but if they recieve enough of these perhaps someone at Skype will listen...

Dear Skype,

I understand you will no doubt be waiting to see if the Blackberry Playbook is a success before deciding whether to produce a Playbook App. However, the success of the Playbook is likely linked to how practical it is as a platform. Therefore Skype's participation in this platform would go a long way to this end.

Please endorse the Playbook platform by investing the minimal sum required to create a Playbook App... play nice!

I understand you will send a standardised and non-comittal response but perhaps if you recieve enough emails from your customers calling for a Playbook App you will take note... eventually, perhaps!

Thanks again for all that is Skype!

Ps: now you are owned by Microsoft do you really want Apple (in the form of the Ipad) to continue its global domination????

Reply:

Thank you for contacting Skype Customer Service.
    We appreciate your feedback and will definitely look into it.

However, implementing changes and creating new features can take time, which means that the suggestions you make today might not be available in the near future.

Please be patient while we work to make Skype even better.
    Skype and Microsoft have entered into a definitive agreement whereby Microsoft will acquire Skype for $8.5 billion US. This is an opportunity that will position us to bring real-time video and voice communications to more people around the world than ever before.

We're committed to providing Skype across a number of platforms, including Mac OS, Linux, iOS and Android, as well as Windows and Windows Phone.
    Please subscribe to the Skype blog (Skype: Skype Blogs), follow us on Twitter (Twitter) or visit our Facebook Page (Skype | Facebook) for more details about developments as they occur.

Should any further issues arise, please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards, Skype Customer Service.
    06-16-11 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD