I am not sure if this question has been posted, I apologize if its a repeat thread, But i need some help if you don't mind. I recently downloaded the Dolphin Browser on my playbook to see how it worked. Not the controversial Dolphin Browser but the Dolphin Browser that was appropriatley released in Appworld. It downloaded successfully but I cannot get it to open when I tap the icon. So I have reinstalled the app several times to see if it helps, it doesnt. But thats not the only one, I also purchased BeWeather because I enjoy it on my 9930 and the same thing, the icon just won't open the app. I have contacted support for both but haven't recieved any answers or suggestions yet. If any of you have a suggestion please help. Now these are the last two apps i have added and both do the same thing when tapped.....nothing.
    03-23-12 04:59 PM
    I know it seems like a dumb question Heh (not from a troubleshooting pov though but are you on Os2?
    03-23-12 05:08 PM
    Both are Android apps. What happens when you tap either icon? Anything? Some attempt? Have you run any other android apps? Do they still run? Occasionally, the android player will lock up. Given time it will work again but a pb restart can speed that process.

What else are you running in the regular manner?

Did you ever install OS2 Beta, The android Market or Root your pb?
    03-23-12 06:25 PM
    Both are Android apps. What happens when you tap either icon? Anything? Some attempt? Have you run any other android apps? Do they still run? Occasionally, the android player will lock up. Given time it will work again but a pb restart can speed that process.

What else are you running in the regular manner?

Did you ever install OS2 Beta, The android Market or Root your pb?
    03-23-12 06:26 PM
    Did you ever sideload the Android Player that was leaked last summer? If so then it left something behind and you have to do a security wipe (without restoring your application settings) before you can use Android Apps. The same problem has also been reported for the OS2.0 beta, so you may have to go through these same steps if you had that.
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    03-23-12 06:51 PM
    I have OS 2, I did try to install the first Android App player for a time and decided against running it an waiting for OS 2. I think these may be the only android apps I've tried to run, I am not that adventerous with my Playbook.
    03-23-12 09:05 PM
    Did you ever sideload the Android Player that was leaked last summer? If so then it left something behind and you have to do a security wipe (without restoring your application settings) before you can use Android Apps. The same problem has also been reported for the OS2.0 beta, so you may have to go through these same steps if you had that.
    I did and I will try a security wipe tonight, thanks
    03-23-12 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD