When the PB first came out there were few apps.
    Now perhaps more than 25 are added daily.

Some apps seem to be in more than one category.
    Presently, how many apps are there? ... worthy and worthless
    Last edited by mandony; 10-05-11 at 07:52 PM.
    10-04-11 09:24 PM

Some apps are listed in more than one category.
    Presently, how many apps are there?
    I have no idea how many there are, but note that recently, most of the "apps" added are not really apps, but merely the same book reader app posted over and over, with different content.

I've noticed only about three real apps go by in the last few days... might have missed some because of the crap. If you're a dev with a new release not getting noticed right now because of this, be sure to complain to RIM so we can get more attention on this issue.
    10-04-11 09:46 PM

Some apps are listed in more than one category.
    Presently, how many apps are there?
    Don't know about the app count but I do know it's not possible to list an app in more than one category.
    peter9477 likes this.
    10-04-11 10:10 PM
    I have no idea how many there are, but note that recently, most of the "apps" added are not really apps, but merely the same book reader app posted over and over, with different content.

I've noticed only about three real apps go by in the last few days... might have missed some because of the crap. If you're a dev with a new release not getting noticed right now because of this, be sure to complain to RIM so we can get more attention on this issue.
    I actually spotted one of those "real" apps a couple of days ago - a Solitaire game by SolverLabs. The paid version costs a buck like mine and is in the top row on the Featured page. So I downloaded the free version to check it out. It is a port of the BB app and it is not ready for prime time on the PB - ugly menu, poor animation, and freezes up every so often. Anyway, there was an update yesterday. The only discernable improvement was a nag screen that popped up every few seconds extolling me to buy the paid version. So I fired off an email to support saying I thought that his methods did not work and that he should mend his ways. It was a waste of time and effort. The paid version is selling like hotcakes (it's number two this morning) and there are two five-star reviews - there are many unflattering reviews for the free version so I suspect that we have some review manipulation going on again. Sigh.
    10-05-11 07:47 AM
    I added a negative review to the free version for adding the nag screen. I guess for free the programmer is entitled to do what they want. But then it was deceptive to call it an upgrade. I deleted it. The programmer is now on the sh*t list!
    10-05-11 08:45 AM
    I added a negative review to the free version for adding the nag screen. I guess for free the programmer is entitled to do what they want. But then it was deceptive to call it an upgrade. I deleted it. The programmer is now on the sh*t list!
    To make matters worse, the paid version looks like it's the exact same app that was released as free. I can't believe that no one has written a negative review about it's worthiness to call itself a PlayBook app. The nerve of some of these developers makes me want to weep.
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 10-05-11 at 10:09 AM.
    10-05-11 09:26 AM
    Maybe the developer has a lot of friends or a lot of screen names and is pumping their own what sounds like bad product.
    10-05-11 10:02 AM
    Maybe the developer has a lot of friends or a lot of screen names and is pumping their own what sounds like bad product.
    Bottom line is that I'm still looking for a Klondike game that looks great, has fluid animations and does not freeze randomly. I bought Super Solitaire but it only satisfies my first criteria, and I am still waiting for the update that the developer promised back in May when I contacted support. Does anyone have a recommendation?
    10-05-11 10:11 AM
    Yes, I have a recommendation - create your own Solitaire App!!!! I'd buy it.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    10-05-11 11:30 AM
    Yes, I have a recommendation - create your own Solitaire App!!!! I'd buy it.
    I was thinking that very thing myself as I was composing my post. But games aren't really my thing and designing a new Solitaire and making it work would be a very stressful process. I would need the distraction of good Solitaire game to relieve the tension. But mine wouldn't be ready yet so I would be even more stressed. It would be a vicious circle and I would never survive the ordeal.
    10-05-11 12:22 PM
    Pretty much useless apps for me.except for a couple good ones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 03:45 PM
    Solodeck seems to work pretty well. Includes some other games too. I guess it doesn't look the best, but the animations are fine IMO.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    10-05-11 04:44 PM
    Also, can someone please tell BlackBerry to update AppWorld so you can look at more than 25 new Apps. If I go into the new apps category and the first 25 are all books, I should be able to pull up page two and look at new apps 26-50. You can do it on the internet, so why not in AppWorld on the device. I always hated that. They know there is a better way, yet they don't implement it.
    10-05-11 04:45 PM
    Also, can someone please tell BlackBerry to update AppWorld so you can look at more than 25 new Apps. If I go into the new apps category and the first 25 are all books, I should be able to pull up page two and look at new apps 26-50. You can do it on the internet, so why not in AppWorld on the device. I always hated that. They know there is a better way, yet they don't implement it.
    There was a thread on this very subject a few days ago: Clean up app world
    Robert Calhoun likes this.
    10-05-11 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD