07-18-11 10:23 PM
108 ... 345
tools
    I dont need the playbook, I bought it for the multimedia capabilities of watching movies on the go, and music, and I do use it for presentations here at work. Surf on my lunch time browse when I don't feel like powering on my PC at home.
    Well how is that different than a person buying a device to use because of the capabilities it has for tracking their walking, surveying, car trouble shooting so on and so? It doesn't matter if it's from the web or native apps. The OP showed what a device can really be capable of if given the chance.

RIM knows Apps(Applications) are needed. That's why they mentioned the Android Player. I still think releasing their NDK before an android player would be better. Once the NDK is out and developers can actually do something with the hardware the PB should come into it's own.

Apple doesn't have anyone brainwashed into thinking the NEED apps. The apps add to the expirence and give you more functionality that simply can't be done via browser at the moment.
    07-18-11 12:22 PM
    All of which you're using the built in apps for, correct?
    yes, and I stated in another post above, i use the main apps that are built in. I don't need the extra stuff. I have need for speed and tetris on my playbook only because it will reinstall when there is an update. I'm talking about the extra apps that you have to buy/download.
    07-18-11 12:23 PM
    Some quality apps and games I use to have a great playbook experience:

Apps:
    1. EPUB Reader
    2. Blaq (twitter app)
    3. Score Mobile (sports app)
    4. Conqu (To do list app)
    5. NavitaTranslater (language translater)
    6. EasyCrop (crop images (free)
    7. MyBestShot (Takes multiple pictures within seconds)
    8. Word To Go
    9. Facebook
    10. Slacker Radio
    11. Income Calculator
    12. File Browser
    13. Bluebox
    14-15. Weather, News (By RIM)

Games to entertain me on the go:

1. Berzerk Ball
    2. Bix
    3. DoodleBlast
    4. NFS Undercover
    5. CelestialSlingshot
    6. Lexitron
    7. Brain Cube HD
    8. PaperPlane

Home screen shortcuts:
    1. Crackberry
    2. GetGlue
    3. Google+
    howarmat and scorpiodsu like this.
    07-18-11 12:28 PM
    but I do not agree that tablets need apps to function.
    You may not understand this, but a tablet IS a PC. It's a convenience form factor. Without apps (third party support) its like owning a bookstore with no books, or a DVD player with no DVD's, etc.

The operating system with the most support wins.

It's not all about YOUR needs. It's about the needs of everyone else. Engineers, doctors, airline pilots, musicians, authors, and just about every other profession use tablets for their work. And they can't do it with just a web browser and a movie player.

What you don't see is that this is the Post-PC era. Many people don't need a full laptop to do most of their tasks. Give them a few key apps and access to the internet and they are good to go. But the key is "which few apps?" These few apps are different to every person, and that is why you need access to hundreds of thousands of apps. Not just hundreds.

RIM is not a software company. They never were and never will be.

The smartphone, like the PDA, was a transitional product till Microsoft and Apple took it over.
    Last edited by sosumi11; 07-18-11 at 02:44 PM.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    07-18-11 02:33 PM
    some people will definitely buy anti-troll software for CB forum. or something similar.
    07-18-11 02:54 PM
    troll away...the only app you need!
    07-18-11 03:08 PM
    hehe trollaway by tapatalk. that will be fun
    07-18-11 03:13 PM
    Kindle App for HP TouchPad now available! [update] | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    tp got kindle (at least for USA users) about a month after launch. pretty much as promised. so someone else can actually make promises and fulfilled it. every bits help.
    07-18-11 10:23 PM
108 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD