Will I have to pay again for an app that I donwnload in my bb when I download it in my pb and vice versa. Or are they independent of device and I need to pay once?
    10-19-11 09:41 AM
    Apps are blackberry id dependent.

edit
    Sorry I just noticed that you said BB to PB, I guess no one will know till the first QNX phones are released or at least announced. But if it will be anything like iPhones and iPads, then I'm guessing apps will have an HD version so you'll have to pay twice since technically it's not the same app. Unless the application can resize itself
    Last edited by sergeh; 10-19-11 at 09:49 AM.
    10-19-11 09:47 AM
    Will I have to pay again for an app that I donwnload in my bb when I download it in my pb and vice versa. Or are they independent of device and I need to pay once?
    This depends entirely on how the vendor configures the offering in App World. First of all, remember that a developer needs to create a separate version for each targeted device/OS combination. In many cases the differences between the versions may be minimal and the dev may choose to absorb the cost of maintaining multiple versions. In other cases there may be major differences between the versions and the dev may decide to recover these additional development costs.

There are two options available when a dev adds a product to App World:
    1. A different app is offered for each targeted device/OS. In this case, one app will appear in App World for each targeted smartphone and the other will appear in PB. The apps may have exactly the same name but App World treats them as totally separate apps for billing purposes.
    2. One app is uploaded to App World with multiple versions attached; one for each targeted device/OS combination. App World will show the app in each supported device and the correct version will be automatically downloaded when you buy the app.

Under option 1, you will pay separately for each supported device because the products are completely separate apps.

Under option 2, you will pay one time only although the app will be available to all of your supported devices.
    10-19-11 10:22 AM
    Current BlackBerry apps will almost certainly not work on the Playbook or future QNX devices.
    Developers MIGHT give you a free copy for the new OS, but I wouldn't count on it.
    10-19-11 02:24 PM
    This depends entirely on how the vendor configures the offering in App World. First of all, remember that a developer needs to create a separate version for each targeted device/OS combination. In many cases the differences between the versions may be minimal and the dev may choose to absorb the cost of maintaining multiple versions. In other cases there may be major differences between the versions and the dev may decide to recover these additional development costs.

There are two options available when a dev adds a product to App World:
    1. A different app is offered for each targeted device/OS. In this case, one app will appear in App World for each targeted smartphone and the other will appear in PB. The apps may have exactly the same name but App World treats them as totally separate apps for billing purposes.
    2. One app is uploaded to App World with multiple versions attached; one for each targeted device/OS combination. App World will show the app in each supported device and the correct version will be automatically downloaded when you buy the app.

Under option 1, you will pay separately for each supported device because the products are completely separate apps.

Under option 2, you will pay one time only although the app will be available to all of your supported devices.
    Do you have to pay again if you delete a paid app that you bought by mistake, and want to re install it?
    10-20-11 12:24 PM
    Do you have to pay again if you delete a paid app that you bought by mistake, and want to re install it?
    RIM keeps a record of all downloaded apps on its server (even after you delete it.) If the app is in the uninstalled list in your device's My World, then you can re-install it for free.
    10-20-11 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD