Hi, I'm trying to decide whether to buy a playbook today. I was wondering if the following apps are actually coming this summer (if Rim has promised them that's fine for me as I know that even if they're late they'll be here).

Native email, Calendar and BBM?
    An improved podcasts like on the phones where you can manually enter feeds?
    Social Feeds?
    Skype Ap?
    Kindle Ap?

I know a search of this forum would probably give me this info so I'm slapping myself on the wrist in anticipation.

Thanks
    07-11-11 08:05 AM
    I think Amazon are working on a kindle app.
    07-11-11 09:08 AM
    Perhaps we will know more after the shareholders meeting on Tuesday night. Plus CrackBerryKevin is at the RIM campus for the next 2 days fighting for us. The RIMpire Strikes Back!

CrackBerry coverage goes to the hometown of BlackBerry this week... Hello Waterloo!! | CrackBerry.com

Keep your eyes on CB for news!!!!
    ericlc2 likes this.
    07-11-11 09:49 AM
    Hi, I'm trying to decide whether to buy a playbook today. I was wondering if the following apps are actually coming this summer (if Rim has promised them that's fine for me as I know that even if they're late they'll be here).

Native email, Calendar and BBM?
    An improved podcasts like on the phones where you can manually enter feeds?
    Social Feeds?
    Skype Ap?
    Kindle Ap?

I know a search of this forum would probably give me this info so I'm slapping myself on the wrist in anticipation.

Thanks
    I think that these apps will arrive eventually. Unfortunately, with the exception of native email etc, RIM cannot provide the flagship apps directly. As new app developer I am praying that RIM can attract the big players that you mention to this great device.

I am worried though. I just got another great review for my modest offering and I am shaking my head in dismay:

"Very good. Well done. Works as its developers said it would, which isn't always the case. Best money I've spent on an app."

I did better than usual yesterday - sold 10 copies.
    07-11-11 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD