So i just noticed this issue with a couple apps i have installed on my Playbook. in 'All', a few apps show up more than once. I attached a screenshot. Has anyone else experienced this or know why it happens? Not a huge deal, just very annoying
    06-28-11 09:39 PM
    i got a double with bix hd, doesnt show up in app world so i deleted the older one (this happened when i updated)
    06-28-11 10:09 PM
    i got a double with bix hd, doesnt show up in app world so i deleted the older one (this happened when i updated)
    yup its updating the app that causes it, or at least from the user side. what really causes it is the developer not using the same signing certificate for both the old and new versions of the app, so its a dev created issue tbh.
    smeagle5 likes this.
    06-28-11 10:23 PM
    i had the same problem here, quick solution is to delete both apps and re-install it again and restart your pb.
    Last edited by kariakoo; 06-29-11 at 08:14 AM.
    06-28-11 10:55 PM
    I had the same problem with Xtreme Snowboarding.

When I updated I had two different version levels and two icons. The problem for me was that App World kept telling me to update the older one.

Deleting both and reinstalling the latest version solved the problem (as advised from another Crackberry member!).
    06-29-11 07:15 AM
    If you see that, please use the support email address (button in upper left when viewing app in App World) to contact the developer and tell them that if they are not reusing the same signing certificate each time this will happen.

Note it also means, for any app that stores data in its own "sandbox" area, that if you use the app for critical stuff and the developer screws up and uses a new certificate to sign an update, you won't have access to your data with the new version. Worse, you may delete the older one before you realize it, and there goes your data!
    06-29-11 12:23 PM
    Yup, it's devs using different signing certificates. App World (and I guess the PlayBook itself) regards an app signed with a different cert as a different app altogether.
    06-29-11 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD