Thats all still part of the marketing aspect of App World.
    07-22-12 06:03 AM
    Have to agree, App World searches suck. I have used the search feature to find an app that I had installed a long time ago. Typed the name exactly like the app. Get about 100 results, none of them the app I was searching for.

I hope they fix AW soon.
    07-22-12 06:12 AM
    A different face for App World won't change the function of any apps you buy there. It would just make them easier to market.

So far they haven't allowed in any malware or hacks that allowed access to clear text BBIDs and passwords.

To me, thats better than marketing gimmicks.
    The OP is not posting about functions of the apps that are downloaded, but the actual functions of App World itself. ie: The way app world works.
    07-22-12 06:13 AM
    I got that.

But App World is a marketing tool for apps. At the end of a sale you still get the app you purchased on your Playbook.

I don't even use App World to find apps. If theres a sweet new app I tend to wait for someone to review it in the forum or the developer to post a thread.
    07-22-12 06:37 AM
    I got that.

But App World is a marketing tool for apps. At the end of a sale you still get the app you purchased on your Playbook.

I don't even use App World to find apps. If theres a sweet new app I tend to wait for someone to review it in the forum or the developer to post a thread.
    That's how I end up finding them most of the time as well. The only other way is if an app just happens to be in "Featured Apps". But actually trying to search through App World to find anything is a pretty frustrating experience.

Great thread with a lot of great suggestions.
    macberry33 likes this.
    07-22-12 06:49 PM
    Another feature for App World

Bases on this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...-world-729280/

continuing the list

No. 9. Ability to fully delete or hide an uninstalled app by user selection. So you don't end up having a useless list of uninstalled apps. That way you only have in the list of uninstall apps those you want to see there.
    07-26-12 04:22 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD