Hi all -

Ever since one of the Playbook OS upgrades (apologies, there's been so many that the specific one has since slipped my mind), App World won't load. The application will start...but then it doesn't move past the background screen.

Is anyone else having this issue? I was hoping to uninstall it and then reinstall the app, but unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be much of an option.

Hoping some of you BB geniuses might have some insight to share!
    04-24-11 08:43 PM
    I know doing a hard restart: holding down power and the up and down volume buttons have worked for many to clear bugs. The only other thing I can think of is to do a back up and then security wipe. Then reload your PB and hopefully appworld will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 09:05 PM
    Check to see if your other apps can connect to the Internet. I've had that issue with my PlayBook and it's usually that while the tablet says it's connected to the WiFi, it's actually not working. Either turning the WiFi off and on fixes it or in more extreme cases, unplugging the router and plugging it back in. If your other apps work and connect to the Internet just fine, App World may be down. Try again later or reboot the device.
    04-24-11 09:40 PM
    I know doing a hard restart: holding down power and the up and down volume buttons have worked for many to clear bugs. The only other thing I can think of is to do a back up and then security wipe. Then reload your PB and hopefully appworld will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I really appreciate the help - I didn't know that was how to hard reset the device. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the bug.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help!
    05-01-11 10:23 PM
    Check to see if your other apps can connect to the Internet. I've had that issue with my PlayBook and it's usually that while the tablet says it's connected to the WiFi, it's actually not working. Either turning the WiFi off and on fixes it or in more extreme cases, unplugging the router and plugging it back in. If your other apps work and connect to the Internet just fine, App World may be down. Try again later or reboot the device.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to help - unfortunately, after the hard reset (and connected via wifi), App World still won't load. Really appreciate your assistance!
    05-01-11 10:24 PM
    this happened to me after today's new OS update (1.0.3.1868). It worked initialy but sometime during the day when I tried to load app world, i just get the splash screen. Seemed to coincide with losing all the bridge icons but a reset brought those back. Since you need app world to remove/add apps and that isn't one you can add/remove, how can we force a refresh of app world without wiping the entire device and starting over?
    05-03-11 05:26 PM
    i ended up contacting bb support they were great btw if no one has tried them yet. ended up having to security wipe and reconfigure but since apps still show in app world once it worked again, was easy to redownload them i copied all pics and video off first. since doing this the pb has worked better than ever. most of the annoying bugs introduced in 1.03.... went away such a no cursor in emails and gps not working at all and performance overall is so much better.
    05-07-11 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD