Only me?
    06-10-11 08:31 AM
    It just started hanging for me last night.
    06-10-11 08:34 AM
    yep same for me to, now fix it with a update.
    06-10-11 08:44 AM
    Do you mean that appWorld does not load? You get a color splash screen not the app screen?
    1) Do a full turn off using the top button
    2) Verify that you have a GOOD WIFI connection
    If still a problem:
    3) Do a DM back up.
    Re-install the OS using the DM function (the time should be about 15 minutes and you will have the latest OS installed with fulling functioning appWorld)
    Do a DM restore
    06-10-11 08:48 AM
    I got a color splash screen and it stayed there.
    1. Full turn off using the top button - Do not help.
    2. My WIFI very good.
    3. Any other things I can try except for DM restore? (Don't like restore.)
    06-10-11 08:59 AM
    Not working for me, started last night as well.
    06-10-11 09:21 AM
    Had the same issue (as I mentioned in another thread). Ended up doing security wipe and OS update again, and that solved the problem. Hopefully, it works fluently now with no issues (unless RIM decide to do "maintenance" again)...
    06-10-11 09:30 AM
    I can't even back it up in DM, I get an error message. Anyone else?
    06-10-11 09:47 AM
    No error messages from App world. Have not tried DM yet.
    06-10-11 10:34 AM
    Only me?
    No. There is one thread here and one under PB Apps about this. Have you contacted BB support about it and opened a ticket on it?
    If not, do so ASAP.

Tim
    06-10-11 11:11 AM
    Do you mean that appWorld does not load? You get a color splash screen not the app screen?
    1) Do a full turn off using the top button
    2) Verify that you have a GOOD WIFI connection
    If still a problem:
    3) Do a DM back up.
    Re-install the OS using the DM function (the time should be about 15 minutes and you will have the latest OS installed with fulling functioning appWorld)
    Do a DM restore
    Restore or fresh install the problem comes back.

Tim
    06-10-11 11:13 AM
    when opening app world I get a notice:
    one or more parameters are invalid
    then a choice between accept and don't accept
    app world shows only balloons, no apps
    is there a work araound?
    06-10-11 12:31 PM
    when opening app world I get a notice:
    one or more parameters are invalid
    then a choice between accept and don't accept
    app world shows only balloons, no apps
    is there a work around?
    06-10-11 12:32 PM
    Can you try to download from this link ?

http://x.co/AppWorld6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-10-11 12:34 PM
    I don't know if its server overloads or what, but it is annoying when you take the time to review an app and then all it does is give you the green ring of death....never to be able to recover your well thought out review. Same thing with updates occasionally. Does anyone know if this is a server side or client side issue?
    06-10-11 12:36 PM
    same here , i just updated my playbook to the latest version. Couldnt open appworld since last night. restarted device didnt help.

seem alot of users having the same problem.
    06-10-11 06:39 PM
    hmm works for me just fine.
    06-10-11 06:44 PM
    Blackberry Bridge was up and App World was hanging. Disconnect Bridge and App World loaded fine. Can others confirm?

The Hankster
    06-10-11 06:47 PM
    Blackberry Bridge was up and App World was hanging. Disconnect Bridge and App World loaded fine. Can others confirm?

The Hankster
    Tried it and still no go.

Tim
    06-10-11 07:20 PM
    So i tried clearing my browser cache, cookies, etc and then it seemed to open after doing that. But now I try to update one of my apps but it won't.
    06-10-11 07:55 PM
    scratch that, now its downloading the update for my app.
    06-10-11 07:56 PM
    Clear the AppWorld cache. On the 'splash' screen pull up the keyboard and type "rst". Close App World then re-open it.
    alegs likes this.
    06-10-11 08:12 PM
    Clear the AppWorld cache. On the 'splash' screen pull up the keyboard and type "rst". Close App World then re-open it.
    OMG You are my hero. Been having App World problems the last few days. Contacted support and they suggested wiping the device. While backing up all my stuff I decide to come here and browse. I tried your trick and it worked!

Good to have a back up anyways but I won't be wiping the device. I sent your tip back to BlackBerry support so hopefully they can use that information and help others in the same boat. Sure beats a wipe!

Thanks again!
    06-10-11 11:10 PM
    i didn't think it would work on the PB but i typed 'rst' (no quotes), closed appworld, then rebooted. i probably didn't have to reboot but a short load time helps. Anyway, restarted appworld and voil�. Loaded with no problem. Browser lag is gone too.

After doing all the suggested options, thats what worked for me.
    06-11-11 12:18 AM
    i didn't think it would work on the PB but i typed 'rst' (no quotes), closed appworld, then rebooted. i probably didn't have to reboot but a short load time helps. Anyway, restarted appworld and voil�. Loaded with no problem. Browser lag is gone too.

After doing all the suggested options, thats what worked for me.
    None of the above is working for me. Since AppWorld hung today, there has been some odd behaviour: Browser gets stuck loading pages, the new CB App sometimes doesn't load the content, etc. Seems wiping and reinstalling will only solve the problem temporarily, so me and my PB are not going to go through that trauma and wait too see if it resolves, of RIM fixes!
    06-11-11 12:47 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD