I updated the pb to the latest update and have noticed that resettin appworld by entering rst in the search field is not working anymore.... is it just with me or is anyone else having this problem. is there a work around?
    Last edited by aryan77; 06-07-11 at 01:16 PM.
    06-07-11 01:14 PM
    I'm having the same problem.
    06-07-11 02:32 PM
    Same here, I thought it was due to the change of the language. I'm currently in french and I tried all shortcut I know in french for reset without sucess
    06-07-11 02:33 PM
    Mine worked all day until I just checked it now.

Rebooted and same results. Click on the App World icon
    and I get the pretty globes of color and nothing else.

Like I said it worked fine all day until now.

Tim
    06-07-11 02:44 PM
    I wonder if AppWorld has a network problem currently versus the app not working.
    06-07-11 02:55 PM
    I didn't know it worked before.

Don't you need ALT RST? At least that's what is needed on the BB and there is no ALT on the PlayBook keyboard.
    06-07-11 03:04 PM
    I think it does it automaticly now. I am thinking the delay opening it is caused by getting updated
    06-07-11 03:07 PM
    It does it automatically, you no longer need to do it, that's why it was removed.
    06-07-11 03:11 PM
    I didn't know it worked before.

Don't you need ALT RST? At least that's what is needed on the BB and there is no ALT on the PlayBook keyboard.
    No, all you needed to do was type rst on the keyboard and a small window would pop up and say Cache Cleared, or something like that. Don't have to do that now, cause it's done when you connect to App World.
    06-07-11 04:56 PM
    No, all you needed to do was type rst on the keyboard and a small window would pop up and say Cache Cleared, or something like that. Don't have to do that now, cause it's done when you connect to App World.
    So what's supposed to happen? The 40 apps I tried and uninstalled are still there. Is there anyway to get rid if them?
    06-07-11 07:27 PM
    Not that I know of, sorry.

"If you ever downloaded and installed an app from BlackBerry App World on your BlackBerry smartphone and then uninstalled the app, you might have noticed that the app is still showing on your My World screen. No worry, there is a simple and easy hack to remove the uninstalled apps from the My World screen. How to do it... just open BlackBerry App World and once it is active hold the ALT key and type RST. BlackBerry App World will restart and only the installed apps will be showing on your My World screen."

Some people have sworn by the above statement, but in my experience it has been false. I have done the alt+rst on my berry countless times and I have always seen my 'Uninstalled' and 'Unavailable' lists repopulate. Idk. You can try RIM Support I guess.
    06-07-11 07:35 PM
    Some people have sworn by the above statement, but in my experience it has been false. I have done the alt+rst on my berry countless times and I have always seen my 'Uninstalled' and 'Unavailable' lists repopulate. Idk. You can try RIM Support I guess.
    It has never worked for me. I just did it on my 9700 and it still shows 16 installed, 52 uninstalled and 49 unavailable (PlayBook).
    06-07-11 07:47 PM
    With the latest update, rst (playbook) doesn't even need to be typed as the cache is cleared when you log in to app world(from what I understand)

Which would explain why it takes me close to 20 seconds to open app world now...lol
    06-07-11 07:50 PM
    More importantly, the "rst" thing never did much anyway, other than refreshing the Featured list and (only maybe) the other lists on that tab. It certainly had no impact on the category lists, which were quite broken in 1.0.3 if not earlier.

Now with the update, App World is finally working effectively, showing probably hundreds more apps, apps that have for many weeks been hidden from everyone... including mine! (it's "White Noise", in case anyone needs a noise generator...)

This update may not have fixed everything (duh), but it rocks anyway.
    06-07-11 09:48 PM
    Well to fix my PlayBook today I just bit the bullet and did a security wipe and App World works now. There should have been an easier way, but I was tired of spending time on it.
    06-08-11 08:16 AM
    I'm sure you already tried this but did you press the "Refresh List" button in My World?
    06-08-11 08:32 AM
    outside of the start-up screen color and bubbles it wouldn't show any listing or keyboard.
    06-08-11 10:16 AM
    Folks, as posted, RIM is working on their end until noon today.

So if the program starts but goes no further, that what the issue is.

If it occurs after noon today, then let RIM know about it. This is per RIM
    Support.

Tim
    06-08-11 10:23 AM
    Folks, as posted, RIM is working on their end until noon today.

So if the program starts but goes no further, that what the issue is.

If it occurs after noon today, then let RIM know about it. This is per RIM
    Support.

Tim

I called RIM support and got no such information. They spent well over an hour on the phone with me...
    06-08-11 11:38 AM
    Not that I know of, sorry.

"If you ever downloaded and installed an app from BlackBerry App World on your BlackBerry smartphone and then uninstalled the app, you might have noticed that the app is still showing on your My World screen. No worry, there is a simple and easy hack to remove the uninstalled apps from the My World screen. How to do it... just open BlackBerry App World and once it is active hold the ALT key and type RST. BlackBerry App World will restart and only the installed apps will be showing on your My World screen."

On the phone you can remove the listed uninstalled apps by re-installing the app, pausing and cancelling in the middle of the download. I've been able to clear all of my phone apps except for Trapster, which was removed from App World. Unfortunately this does not work with the PB App World app.
    06-08-11 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD