I don't recall seeing this posted before so apologies if duplicated.

I was browsing CB over bridge and reading Michelle's article about AP World Edition. Without paying a great deal of attention I clicked on the link to App World and got a browser error saying page could not be reached. No biggie, I know App World isn't accessible over bridge. The kicker here though is that when i glanced down at my phone there was App World loaded and pointed at the AP Mobile app. Eerie conincidence, I figured maybe i accidentally tapped App World and it was a featured App. So I exited browser on PB and on the phone and made sure app was closed on the phone and sure enough same thing. Clicking the link on PB made App World bring up link on the phone.

It's hardly a killer feature but certainly handy when you find a good link on PB to not have to duplicate the search.
    walnuts1024 and yauchunh like this.
    09-02-11 11:06 AM
    I don't recall seeing this posted before so apologies if duplicated.

I was browsing CB over bridge and reading Michelle's article about AP World Edition. Without paying a great deal of attention I clicked on the link to App World and got a browser error saying page could not be reached. No biggie, I know App World isn't accessible over bridge. The kicker here though is that when i glanced down at my phone there was App World loaded and pointed at the AP Mobile app. Eerie conincidence, I figured maybe i accidentally tapped App World and it was a featured App. So I exited browser on PB and on the phone and made sure app was closed on the phone and sure enough same thing. Clicking the link on PB made App World bring up link on the phone.

It's hardly a killer feature but certainly handy when you find a good link on PB to not have to duplicate the search.
    I discussed this with the guys over at berryreview.com a couple of weeks ago, and it is triggered because bridge is basically using the phone's browser or at least emulating it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    munizv likes this.
    09-02-11 09:48 PM
    I assumed as much, though I did wonder if it was by design or a happy accident. But bug or feature I wont complain given its usefulness.

Anything to tide me over until the 2.0 rollout.
    09-03-11 01:45 AM
    This seems to only work with app world 3.0. i tried it on my colleague's playbook, and it didn't work. Turns out my colleague's bb had the old app world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 01:47 AM
    works. awesome. easy to browse for apps on PB then download with phone. yay for 'bugtures' = bugs / features!!!!
    09-03-11 02:10 AM
    noticed it too but didnt think too much of it....i guess its an awesome feature coincidence
    09-03-11 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD