I have a Blackberry ID setup for apps for my torch. my question is can I use the same ID for my playbook? and can I purchase apps online and then have them show up on the playbook?
    12-03-11 07:14 PM
    I know you can use the same bbid for the playbook as you do the phone. Dunno about buying the apps online tho.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-03-11 07:17 PM
    I have a Blackberry ID setup for apps for my torch. my question is can I use the same ID for my playbook? and can I purchase apps online and then have them show up on the playbook?
    Sounds like you're onto something that is not good... lol... What do you mean by buying "apps online" and then have them show up on the PlayBook? PlayBook doesn't do cloud services of that nature, you would have to eventually load them to the PlayBook physically in order to have access to them. It seems (I apologize if I am wrong) like if you have the same intentions that an employee that uses a business phone for personal use does, they are always good ... Or should I say "Have your cake and eat it too", oh wait... Buy one get one free!
    12-03-11 07:41 PM
    I use the same BlackBerry ID for my BlackBerry Bold 9780 and BlackBerry PlayBook. In the BlackBerry App World only those applications specific to the device currently logging into the service are available. I like having a single BlackBerry ID across multiple devices. Actually, I have three BlackBerry IDs: one for my professional-use smartphone and tablet, one for my personal-use tablet, and one for my purely research-use smartphone(s) and tablet(s).
    12-03-11 07:49 PM
    well you can go to blackberry.com and go to appworld and browse for apps and there is an option for purchase. so I was just wondering if I bought an app from that source would it be there for my playbook to download? when I sign into appworld on that same website it shows all the apps I have for my torch. I don't see where that is onto something that is "not good"
    chrisstanley1987 likes this.
    12-03-11 07:50 PM
    well you can go to blackberry.com and go to appworld and browse for apps and there is an option for purchase. so I was just wondering if I bought an app from that source would it be there for my playbook to download? when I sign into appworld on that same website it shows all the apps I have for my torch. I don't see where that is onto something that is "not good"
    I think Abrante misinterpreted your question and thought you mean cloud-based applications.
    12-03-11 07:59 PM
    When I log on appworld via my pc it gives me a choice of which of my devices I want to browse for apps for. It asks me to plug in the device before I hit the download button. I also have to have a plugin for IE browser installed. If you dont have the plugin you will be prompted to get it.

Hope this helps...

Yes both PB and 9800 use the same BBID. And before you ask yes I have 2 PBs; one has its own BBID.
    Last edited by sllock; 12-03-11 at 08:20 PM.
    12-03-11 08:13 PM

If you read your original post, it "seemed" as if you were trying to stay away from just purchasing the app straight from your PlayBook on AppWorld. That is what I found odd. I didn't mean to offend you though, Hence "I apologize if I am wrong" from my first reply.
    Last edited by Abrante; 12-03-11 at 08:17 PM.
    12-03-11 08:14 PM
    When I log on appworld via my pc it gives me a choice of which of my devices I want to browse for apps for. It asks me to plug in the device before I hit the download button. I also have to have a plugin for IE browser installed. If you dont have the plugin you will be prompted to get it.

Hope this helps...

Yes both PB and 9800 use the same BBID
    this answers the question. Thanks
    12-03-11 08:18 PM
    Abrante you didnt offend me. I did read back through my post and I can see where it could have seemed fishy. I am a blackberry abuser it's hard to offend me, I have a LOT of apple loving friends and I refuse to buy into the iproducts, actually I got one of them to sell his iPad and buy a playbook, that was a very day in my world!
    12-03-11 08:20 PM
    Abrante you didnt offend me. I did read back through my post and I can see where it could have seemed fishy. I am a blackberry abuser it's hard to offend me, I have a LOT of apple loving friends and I refuse to buy into the iproducts, actually I got one of them to sell his iPad and buy a playbook, that was a very day in my world!
    I don't mix with iProducts myself. lol
    12-03-11 08:28 PM
    At this point I can't tell if the question was answered. At the moment, you can only purchase pb apps from appworld USING the pb.

Supposedly, they are considering allowing gift purchases where you could buy for someone else. That may allow you to buy using a computer for yourself?????
    12-03-11 09:47 PM
    At this point I can't tell if the question was answered. At the moment, you can only purchase pb apps from appworld USING the pb.

Supposedly, they are considering allowing gift purchases where you could buy for someone else. That may allow you to buy using a computer for yourself?????

OK F2. You are right. I stand corrected.

However playing around I found another way which would work if you don't have your playbook with you.

If you browse appworld from a pc and find something you like go to that apps page on appworld. Then copy and paste from the address bar and email it to an address you can access on your device.

I just tried it. I emailed https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...h=true&lang=en to my gmail account from my puter. From the playbook I went to gmail and when I clicked on the link it opened up appworld on the playbook straight to the page.
    12-03-11 10:32 PM
    awesome thank you F2 and sllock..I love this site...it's a new addiction
    12-03-11 10:41 PM
    I have one account and the application i purchase will be downloaded on the device I am using. Well, I will be directed automatically anyway to the applications relevant to my device.
    12-04-11 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD