So I'm looking through the new App World today to check out some of the new Android apps and what do I find? How about some crazy app pricing! Angry Birds for $4.99? AB Rio for $4.99? Both apps are $0.99 on both the Android Market and Apple's App Store. Is this the type of pricing we're going to have to pay in order to use Android apps on our PlayBook? If so than in the long run it will definitely be cheaper to buy an Android tablet instead of paying five times the normal price for the same app through App World.
    02-21-12 07:59 AM
    So I'm looking through the new App World today to check out some of the new Android apps and what do I find? How about some crazy app pricing! Angry Birds for $4.99? AB Rio for $4.99? Both apps are $0.99 on both the Android Market and Apple's App Store. Is this the type of pricing we're going to have to pay in order to use Android apps on our PlayBook? If so than in the long run it will definitely be cheaper to buy an Android tablet instead of paying five times the normal price for the same app through App World.
    Those were the prices from day one when the apps launched. Also, those are native PB apps, not android ones.
    02-21-12 08:04 AM
    the $.99 version are for iphones, not ipad.
    02-21-12 08:07 AM
    someone shoot this fool
    02-21-12 08:11 AM
    I litearlly own all the angry birds on ipad/mac app store/Iphone and android. I do think the 5.00 playbook pricing is a little expensive. Considering
    02-21-12 08:20 AM
    Those were the prices from day one when the apps launched. Also, those are native PB apps, not android ones.
    Is there a way to tell if the app is a native PB app vs a converted Android app while looking on App World?
    02-21-12 08:22 AM
    Is there a way to tell if the app is a native PB app vs a converted Android app while looking on App World?
    You can see sometimes through the app screenshots. You will know for sure when you load the app. Android apps open up differently on the PB vs native ones.
    Jikangire likes this.
    02-21-12 08:28 AM
    are all my olds apps for v1.8 going to work with 2.0?
    02-21-12 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD