I have been using App World heavily untill yesterday, but today all of a sudden it is not loading. It keeps stating that "it is unable to connect to the server and I should verify my network connection". I am using the same WiFi as always and all other apps/browser works perfectly.

I restarted the PlayBook several times (Microsoft PC user) but that has not helped. Is there a known outage / any other trouble shooting steps I can undertake?

Any help will be much appreciated.
    07-26-11 09:44 PM
    I wish I could help out, but I do not know of this issue happening before. I guess try bringing up the keyboard and hitting r s t

Aside form that, I'm at a loss.
    07-26-11 11:11 PM
    No joy. I brought up the keyboard by tapping the 'Search' box.

I hope I don't have to do a full wipe.

Edit: Thank you for replying though. I will try a few hours later to see if it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by acdcrocks; 07-26-11 at 11:20 PM.
    07-26-11 11:17 PM
    I have been using App World heavily untill yesterday, but today all of a sudden it is not loading. It keeps stating that "it is unable to connect to the server and I should verify my network connection". I am using the same WiFi as always and all other apps/browser works perfectly.

I restarted the PlayBook several times (Microsoft PC user) but that has not helped. Is there a known outage / any other trouble shooting steps I can undertake?

Any help will be much appreciated.
    I have same problem tonight at 11:35pm central time I tried going in from notification and got error message. Then clicked on back button for app world and then could get in ok.
    Last edited by rcab; 07-27-11 at 12:48 AM.
    07-27-11 12:45 AM
    try clearing your cache (start app world then bring up keyboard and type "rst" <return>, HTH.

CZR
    07-27-11 12:54 AM
    I have seen this multiple times even with full signal strength wifi... would love to know what causes it as it is unpredictable an intermittent. Just keep trying it could mean a bad time for the server? It comes and goes for me...
    07-27-11 12:54 AM
    try clearing your cache (start app world then bring up keyboard and type "rst" <return>, HTH.

CZR
    Where does this info come from?
    07-27-11 12:57 AM
    Tried a while back and still did not work

All other Apps using internet working well. (Bridge not connected for this) I guess I will have to reinstall OS, I think.

07-27-11 10:33 AM
    Miraculously (for the lack of any other word), today morning App World started working just fine. Like there was no problem ever!

Don't know what caused it to work and more importantly, what caused it to stop in the first place.

07-28-11 07:23 AM
    Has anyone figured this out? My device won't launch app world... I am tethered to the internet, not on wifi and it is saying it does not have a connection....
    07-28-11 07:33 AM
    Has anyone figured this out? My device won't launch app world... I am tethered to the internet, not on wifi and it is saying it does not have a connection....
    That's probably because AppWorld doesn't work on a tethered connection. You need WiFi for that.
    dayoungdc likes this.
    07-28-11 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD