I am trying to downoad paid apps from app world to the playbook and not having any luck. I am in Japan and using a Japanese Citi Bank Visa. It works fine for 7 digital, but not for app world. The thing that sucks most about this, is it is such a small amount of money.

RIM must be thinking that the playbook customers follow the rules. I couldn't wait for the launch in Japan, but now I have to wait for RIM to turn on the foreign credit card processing. Angry Birds, I will show you...
    05-24-11 04:55 AM
    I am trying to downoad paid apps from app world to the playbook and not having any luck. I am in Japan and using a Japanese Citi Bank Visa. It works fine for 7 digital, but not for app world. The thing that sucks most about this, is it is such a small amount of money.

RIM must be thinking that the playbook customers follow the rules. I couldn't wait for the launch in Japan, but now I have to wait for RIM to turn on the foreign credit card processing. Angry Birds, I will show you...
    There must be something else going on.
    Cos I'm in India and I buy stuff from the Playbook Appworld all the time.
    It even shows me the price in Indian currency and bills me in Indian currency as well.
    Check with your card company.
    05-24-11 05:01 AM
    I'm also a bit confused, as I use an italian credit card and never had any issues. Price is also displayed in Euro. I never had any problems, so I can't explain why you are having troubles...
    05-24-11 06:49 AM
    Thank you. It is good to know it is working in India and Italy. I will try to get some answers with my credit card company.

I am curious to know what country you said you were from, during initial set up. In order to pass the security agreement on my playbook, I had to choose either Canada (French), Canada (English) or United States as Country if residence. I choose Canada(English) in order to pass the agreement screen and it took me about six attempts. Last time I had to trouble shoot an online web purchase with my credit card company, it got me know where. I think the real fix would be to get a credit card from Canada or the States. I will update as soon as I find out. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Schlymer; 05-24-11 at 08:14 AM.
    05-24-11 08:03 AM
    I had the same problem on Sunday, tried with Visa and Mastercard, and received the same response: Error 1100. So I changed my payment options for paypal and it worked.
    05-24-11 08:33 AM
    I got an error ID 13000. I just got off the phone with my credit card company and they said there was no problem on my cards end and that they had no instance of an attempt of any transactions from App World. They suggested I contact the merchant. Does anybody have the RIM customer service number. I will try to contact them. I am sure they are going to tell me to contact my credit card company. I want to get this sorted out. I don't have a paypal account, but by the time all is said and done, I am sure it will probably end up being the fix.
    05-24-11 08:51 AM
    I had the same problem on Sunday, tried with Visa and Mastercard, and received the same response: Error 1100. So I changed my payment options for paypal and it worked.
    Exact same thing happened to me, in the States. Also had to use Paypal
    05-24-11 09:23 AM
    I got an error ID 13000. I just got off the phone with my credit card company and they said there was no problem on my cards end and that they had no instance of an attempt of any transactions from App World. They suggested I contact the merchant. Does anybody have the RIM customer service number. I will try to contact them. I am sure they are going to tell me to contact my credit card company. I want to get this sorted out. I don't have a paypal account, but by the time all is said and done, I am sure it will probably end up being the fix.
    A Paypal account is easy to setup and prob less hassle than trying to deal with RIM even if you can find the right person to talk to.
    05-24-11 09:24 AM
    I use PayPal to pay for Appworld, it seems to be the easiest way to go.
    05-24-11 09:42 AM
    I went online to find a Customer service number, and by the raging comments, I don't think I will go that way. I did a google search for error Id 13000 that I had and found some other people who had it posted. They suggested clearing the cash in appworld, and resetting info. So I went to my BB Bold and into app world. When I entered, there was a user agreement waiting for me to accept. I think that was causing the error 13000, so I accepted the agreement. I went back to the playbook and tried to buy an app through app world and now I got a new error Id 30252. I am not sure what that is, so I just rebooted my BB bold and will try again. This is not a credit card problem, it is app world problem, and I am going to solve it, without having to go to pay pal. Not that I have anything against pay pal, but I am in too deep to stop now. I hope if I have a solution, it will help others.
    05-24-11 11:23 AM
    Okay the reboot and now there is a new update for app world. I will install it reboot and check if this is the fix.
    05-24-11 11:25 AM
    Final update. I called customer support and talked to a nice lady there, very friendly. She apologized for the card not working and said that it is an issue they are working on now. Some cards work at app world and others don't. She said the best work around for this issue is to try another credit card or the best is to use pay pal. She couldn't give a time for when the situation would be correct, but I am sure it will be one more thing that they have to eventually fix. I am still loving the playbook, but I should have saved the time and listened to everyones advise here about paypal. Thanks everyone.
    05-24-11 01:45 PM
    This is not a new issue, i first ran into this on my Torch maybe two months ago. Thanks for your perseverance, though. At least they claim to know about the problem.
    05-24-11 02:17 PM
    Exact same thing happened to me, in the States. Also had to use Paypal
    Same thing happens to me in Mxico, Paypal works with no problems.
    05-24-11 05:10 PM
    Paypal is simplest and easiest solution. It is safe and u don't have to worry as u can track all transactions. I use it for my appworld
    05-24-11 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD