Listing the email address for the developer isn't enough. I want to be able to send them a message from within App World and get a response within App World as well.

I know this is a growing platform, but hopefully this feature will eventually come. App World for BlackBerry Smartphones doesn't feature this though, so I fear it may not ever come...
    06-09-11 12:29 PM
    I understand your idea/point, but if they won't respond to an email from a customer or potential customer, what makes you think they would reply to a "support ticket" through AppWorld?

If a company/developer won't reply to a customer for support, that says a lot about them. Take into account, it could be some good reason they are not around a computer for a period of time, but even then, within time they should be able to respond to an email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 01:54 PM
    I'm not talking about unresponsive developers. I'm just saying that if I have a problem with an app (or a question), I should be able to send them a message through app world. Right now, I have to copy their email address and paste it in a separate email.
    06-09-11 01:58 PM
    Might be due to the fact that it doesn't have native email yet. Ideally the link would auto compose a new email in the native client. Even if you have it open a browser window it's not going to auto fill or auto compose a new email, so...
    06-09-11 02:01 PM
    Oh! I see what you mean. Its integrated to the phone email, I have to think the PB will have that feature once we actually get native email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 02:03 PM
    Might be due to the fact that it doesn't have native email yet. Ideally the link would auto compose a new email in the native client. Even if you have it open a browser window it's not going to auto fill or auto compose a new email, so...
    I get that, but it should just be tied to App World itself and not even use the email client. You need to give an email address to use app world, right? It should kind of work like a private message, that way the developer knows all your BB App World info already.
    06-09-11 02:05 PM
    That's a decent amount of extra work (a lot more than you think) with minimal benefit...

All bb phones have email clients, PB will eventually. The appworld contact system sends an email to the developer using your email address and smtp server. They can respond back by simply replying.

To fix all of that they would have to implement a system where it sends a mock email through appworld and the user would input some email address as a reply-to, which wouldn't be verified as it can't use their smtp server without setup...

"But they could use your BB id email address!". Yeah, then you can't ever change it...

Also the information that devs have on your appworld purchases is actually less than you even get on Mobihand so...
    Last edited by papped; 06-09-11 at 02:46 PM.
    06-09-11 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD