i've installed an app through App world called "AUTOS OnAir"
    it's still installed, and runs well..

however today i opened App World and went to "My World" to have a look.. and while each app shows the installed version, and a delete button to the right, "AUTOS OnAir" only shows the application icon and its name..
    no version info, and no delete button!

clicking the name or icon of the app takes you to the application description page, and under the name it shows "This item is not support by your current device profile"

what exactly does this mean?!
    05-11-11 03:04 PM
    sounds like youre in a country where the app isnt supported.. or the playbook was taken off the list of supported devices after you downloaded it. just guessing but thats all i can think of.
    05-11-11 03:13 PM
    Well i can't find anything to the effect that the country isn't covered.. but this is a two part issue

1. why did the app suddenly stop supporting my playbook
    2. assuming it was taken down, etc.. why does App World hide the "delete" button? it doesn't make any sense
    05-11-11 03:30 PM
    I'm having the same issue with other apps.. not only i have them on the "my world" list without the info and delete buttons, but there are also some apps i try to installa but can't, also these have the "This item is not support by your current device profile" phrase in the description page.

So how can they be deleted properly without the button? And why can't some apps (in my case OANDA Currency converter be installed? any suggestions?!

Thanks
    Last edited by z3nix; 06-14-11 at 06:48 PM.
    06-14-11 06:37 PM
    in my case, it seems that after the initial release, the developer decided to remove anything related to the arab world from the supported countries list.. probably thinking only terrorists live out here, and no americans could possibly use their app overseas (like me)

in any case, go the main screen under the "ALL" tab, click and hold any of the icons, and they'll start to wiggle a bit, and you'll see a trashcan icon next to them
    click that and delete the app

when done, there's a tick mark on the top bar to the left of "All" "Favorites", etc.. click that
    06-14-11 06:48 PM
    I'm in an arab country too, lol. Its actually a miracle Appworld is working here.

Anyway, yes i know they can be deleted that way, but is it a complete unistall? Think it will eventually also dissapear from the "my world"?

But the most annoying thing is not being able to install some new apps because of this "support" problem.

Oh well, hope it will get fixed somehow in the future.
    06-14-11 07:38 PM
    deleting from the main screen removes the application just like deleting it from App World.. it will also be removed from App world too.

there's no way to get around this issue at the moment, apart from connecting through a proxy in a country that's on the support list
    06-15-11 07:29 AM
    Have you recently installed the updated OS? In some cases, apps did not meet the requirements of something that changed in the newer OS. Oanda Converter was one and it stopped working when I updated the OS. But just yesterday a new version appeared and I re-installed it and this new version works.
    06-15-11 09:01 AM
    F2, that's probably what killed Onada for the second poster.

my case with AUTOS OnAir was the developer deciding to withdraw support to all arab countries once App World got officially launched there.

if you check the application page, it shows this:

Supported Countries
    All countries except:
    Bahrain
    Egypt
    Jordan
    Kuwait
    Qatar
    Saudi Arabia
    United Arab Emirates
    06-15-11 09:05 AM
    I ve been an early convert to playbook and got it in a few days it released, i live in dubai, and have been having the same problems. Unfortunately a lot of good apps have been left out in the middleeast and i have no idea why? apps like sound storm.... the onada currency convertor!!!!! i could understand if they were because it had something to do with the laws here but come on a currency convertor could hardly be flouting the rules! Anyway the point is we are stuck, unless you have a vpn at home or proxy. sigh.....
    06-15-11 09:40 AM
    Aryan, the problem isn't with the PlayBook, the Service providers, the country or its rules.
    the issue is with the application developers thinking they should exclude the arab countries from their support matrix for whatever reason they see fit.

i understand certain media applications (Slacker radio for instance) not being available worldwide due to regional copyrights, but the few cases listed above are plain ignorance
    06-15-11 09:45 AM
    When I log into My World, it shows apps for both my Storm 2 and my Playbook. It will show some of the apps as being "unavailable" depending which device I have connected at the time.
    06-15-11 11:58 AM
    I can download and operate the Oanda currency converter, but when I did a google search for the Oanda fxtrade forex trading app, it took me directly to app world, but I got the "This item is not supported by your current device profile." I live in Japan and have used this app for a year and a half on my BB bold9000 with no problems, but now it hasn't been working since the June 14th update. This is so frustrating. Free for some to use, but not available for others seems like a reason to go to war. This app was one of four apps I had on my BB bold9000. I was looking forward to when they added the Oanda fx trade app to the playbook, but now it is there and I am c0ck blocked, because of where I live?? I am going to get on the phone to the Singapore office today as I was recently gearing up to move my accounts to Singapore as they have a 0% capitol gains tax. I hope they can work this out.

When I do a search for this app on app world, it doesn't even show up. I wonder what other apps I cant use, or get support for. This sounds like the crap apple was doing with the app store, separating buy countries. Big Fail in my opinion. I am also going to call playbook support and give them a chance to turn this around.
    Last edited by Schlymer; 06-19-11 at 08:59 PM.
    06-19-11 08:38 PM
    Have a look here http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/ap...ble-eu-623875/ if you follow these instructions using the proxy it will allow you to download BlackBerry Apps even if you aren't in the "correct" country.

Once you have downloaded them untick the proxy and you should be good to go again.

You still wont have the option to delete them from within app world but if you press and hold on the apps icon from the home screen you should still be able to delete them.

HTH

Elcuolo
    06-20-11 03:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD