I have been getting a lot of reports from users who are notified about a new release but there is no update button available; only a delete button.

Other developers are also reporting a similar increase in update incidents.

If you encounter this problem, try deleting the app and then reinstalling it after rebooting the device. It's a PITA but it seems to work.
    Innovatology likes this.
    06-02-12 08:16 AM
    I had the UPDATE button just now.

So, What's New in What's UP!???
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    06-02-12 10:05 AM
    I had the UPDATE button just now.

So, What's New in What's UP!???
    You're off-topic F2. But in brief, What's up is a brand new app with a slick new p&v feature. Look over here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...better-727473/
    06-02-12 10:20 AM
    Yes, I discovered that thread after this one!
    06-02-12 11:17 AM
    I'm getting more support requests for this issue than I did yesterday. RIM should pay me a salay for troubleshooting their problems. I posted the following using the Vendor Portal support form. It's a weekend so I don't expect any quick action on this.
    --------
    I recently submitted an upgrade to my PlayBook app and many users are reporting that they get a proper notification but when they tap on it, they are not offered an update option (only a delete button). Also my downloads are half the volumes that I have experienced for previous updates. I suspect that many users are giving up in frustration. Some users have reported that if they persistently re-attempt the download, they are sometimes able to download successfully. However, the only effective way to ensure success is to delete the old version of the app and restart the PlayBook.
    06-03-12 10:50 AM
    I had the same issue and that's exactly how I solved it. I was so excited to see an update for What's Up I almost cried when it wouldn't let me upgrade. I'm a happy camper now.
    06-03-12 11:31 AM
    I had the same issue and that's exactly how I solved it. I was so excited to see an update for What's Up I almost cried when it wouldn't let me upgrade. I'm a happy camper now.
    RIM is a bad, bad company for making my customers want to cry and making me want to scream.

There appears to be an alternative to restarting though: A contributor to What's up's Facebook page indicates that if you go to My World instead of tapping on the notification, you will see the update button in all its glory.
    06-03-12 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD