Is anyone else experiencing this? Since this morning App World won't start, it just hangs at the background screen.

Others were reporting similar problems with OS 1.0.5 back in June but I haven't seen recent posts on it. I've tried restarting, rebooting, resetting App World with RST, all without effect. Any suggestions?

Dave
    12-06-11 06:20 PM
    How long do you wait? I get that green circle for minutes sometimes.
    12-06-11 06:22 PM
    It takes a minute to load for me also
    12-06-11 06:45 PM
    I've waited a halfhour with nothing . A couple of times App World has started to load then the green circle stops spinning and it just sits there. I'm getting worried.

Dave
    12-06-11 09:00 PM
    I just now checked mine. The green circle didn't even come on like it usually does. Just the background wallpaper of App World displays and then less then 5 seconds later, App World was fully loaded.

I'm still on 1.0.8.4895.
    12-06-11 09:27 PM
    Mine has been hanging with the green circle longer than usual. I thought it was an issue with my internet connection : Now I see that it is a common issue with AppWorld
    12-06-11 09:51 PM
    I am still recovering from a Security Wipe.

I just downloaded Need for Speed and am now downloading NOVA HD. Both over 300 mbytes. So it is working.
    12-06-11 11:35 PM
    I experienced BlackBerry App World stalling at the main screen (blank with spinning circle-arrow) on Tuesday evening and again early Wednesday morning. I tried a few minutes later and all was well with BlackBerry App World.
    12-07-11 01:24 AM
    Upgraded to os 1.0.8.6067 this morning but App World is STILL not opening. Arg.

Dave
    12-07-11 06:09 AM
    me too..rather...I just got my PB yesterday, and when I go to Appworld, all I ever get was the green animated gif....am in the process of updating the OS right now...hope it helps!

nope. just finished the upgrade to 1.0.8.6067....and the green wheel churns....and then I get a modal box saying "Featured" BBAppworld is having trouble connecting to the BBApp server...verify your network connections and try again...."

???

I have the Bridge up and running fine- my WiFi is up and running fine....and from what I can tell, the PB is connected just fine?

Help here lads?

Jim
    Last edited by JVRudnick; 12-07-11 at 08:55 AM.
    12-07-11 08:42 AM
    The server is too busy with people downloading and buying apps and games.

Nice thought for developers anyway.
    12-07-11 08:46 AM
    I think at this point you should call RIM. I have had app world hang like that before and just gave up. After awhile it would work. If I remember correctly I have issue when I'm prompted to udgrafe an app. Do you have any of those notifications in the top left? X them and try again. I think that worked for me.
    12-07-11 08:47 AM
    A true hard-reboot -- 15 seconds holding vol+, vol- and pwr -- fixed the problem for a while, but an hour later I tried App World again and again experienced the hang. I've also noticed that once I have the App World crash my Bridged apps get flaky. The Messages app opens and shows the list of messages, but the right-hand message body pane stays blank with the spinning green circle of doom.

Chaddface, I do have an upgrade notice and cleared it out but haven't noticed any impact on the problem.

Maybe I'll need to call support this evening. I'd really like to avoid it, though, with all the new Playbook owners in the last two weeks calling in to ask why they can't rename browser bookmarks....

Dave
    12-07-11 08:56 AM
    I bet they will ask you to re-load the OS but maybe it's an issue they are aware of.
    12-07-11 09:07 AM
    Support had me reinstall the os from scratch. It's now an hour and a half later and I'm still reinstalling apps. I'm worried that App World still seems flaky - dowloading and installing progress keeps stalling for long stretches...

Dave
    12-07-11 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD