I stopped using the Beta and went back to vanilla OS due to stabillity concerns. Could you please elaborate on the types of apps that have been added?
    Thanks.
    Tough to answer - are you looking for something in particular I can search for you?
    02-02-12 09:40 PM
    I don't see how the increase in apps and updates has anything to do with OS2. It would be logical to assume that as the PB got older, more and better apps would be introduced.
    I think a couple of things would cause the increase I've been seeing.

1. Apps being developed for QNX but not deployed in OS1 would actually be developed in OS2. If these apps are now ready, they wouldn't be available in OS1. Developers would need the latest OS to code correctly.
    2. The Android apps. These only run in OS2 and aren't even seen in app world for OS1
    02-02-12 09:49 PM
    well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't wait to get me my very own Billy Graham quote-o-matic app on feb 17th. Yessir!
    02-02-12 10:00 PM
    well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't wait to get me my very own Billy Graham quote-o-matic app on feb 17th. Yessir!
    Oh...big deal! What about the "Inspiration" of Wayne Dyer!
    spatialmongrel likes this.
    02-02-12 10:11 PM
    I have watched garbage handster apps rolling in for two months now everyday and i think there are maybe three out of the thousands that might be worth a download.This is not boosting the eco system.Quality over quantity is what i prefer. These apps rolling in are obviously for numbers so they can say "We now have over "X" number of apps in Appworld. We can however expect a few Gems to be released with the launch of os2 though or maybe they will mention their release of said app or apps at devcon...idk? Exciting times though,I thought February would never get here.
    02-02-12 11:20 PM
    One thing I would love to have is Adobe Photoshop Touch - is that there by any chance?
    yanicmb likes this.
    02-03-12 12:43 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I've downloaded and am using the Android App 'OverDrive' (a public library e-book management tool) and it is very slick! The integration with the Playbook is totally seamless, and it appears minor changes have been made to tweak it specifically for the Playbook (i.e. references within the App to the Playbook) so its more than just a recompile and post.

All I can say is that if the QNX can support running Android Apps this well that was never intended to run on a Playbook, it is one awesome piece of technology.
    PLAYBOOK 2.0 is going to be so amazing!!! .. Can't wait!
    02-03-12 01:18 AM
    For those people seeing the android apps, but any chance did TuneIn show up yet?
    02-03-12 01:44 AM
    One thing I would love to have is Adobe Photoshop Touch - is that there by any chance?
    I don't see it.
    02-03-12 05:55 AM
    For those people seeing the android apps, but any chance did TuneIn show up yet?
    I don't see it yet.
    02-03-12 05:57 AM
    1. Apps being developed for QNX but not deployed in OS1 would actually be developed in OS2. If these apps are now ready, they wouldn't be available in OS1. Developers would need the latest OS to code correctly.
    I've never heard such thing. OS 2.0 brings *new* native features in OS itself not available in OS 1.x? Do you have links?
    02-03-12 07:36 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD