I get this error for no apparent reason while I attempt to browse the app world. I've gotten this while connected to multiple access points on different networks. I am sitting 3 feet from my access point and I know that it is connected to my network. Anyone else experiencing this?

02-26-12 12:52 PM
    I get the exact same error.

When my PB is in airplane mode.
    02-26-12 01:02 PM
    Yeah ever since week before os2 hit I have seen this it. And also on different access points
    02-26-12 01:25 PM
    I even have a error for could get activation code too
    02-26-12 01:51 PM
    HAD THIS PROBLEM - ONLY SOLUTION

I called up BlackBerry over this problem.. Eventually got it fixed.. Bad news is that I had to backup my system, restore factory settings.. Then restore my backup.

On the phone with tech support, all they were able to recommend was for me to open up app world, click off the error, bottom left corner swipe up (for keyboard) and press RSTRST then hard reset my PlayBook. (clear app world cache) and after this didn't work, they said all that I could do was wipe the device.

PS. I was running beta 2.0 and a few weeks in is when I started getting this error.. Figured that a simple update to 2.0 when it came out would fix it, but turned out that it didn't. I'm assuming this is the same thing for you. Lady on the phone said that it was probably just a bug in the coding from the beta software that I just happened to get so I needed to have a clean install.

PSS. AIR Browser... AIR Device Info... Air Hockey (was not expecting the third one.. Made me laugh for some reason?) ANYWAYS!
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 02-26-12 at 02:11 PM.
    dave1701 likes this.
    02-26-12 02:06 PM
    There is a problem with your blackberry ID account and the PlayBook. For some reason it times out and can't sign you in. I did a factory reset on my device and started fresh. I know it's not the greatest solution, but it did fix it for me(wanted to start fresh anyway with 2.0)
    02-26-12 02:15 PM
    HAD THIS PROBLEM - ONLY SOLUTION

I called up BlackBerry over this problem.. Eventually got it fixed.. Bad news is that I had to backup my system, restore factory settings.. Then restore my backup.

On the phone with tech support, all they were able to recommend was for me to open up app world, click off the error, bottom left corner swipe up (for keyboard) and press RSTRST then hard reset my PlayBook. (clear app world cache) and after this didn't work, they said all that I could do was wipe the device.

PS. I was running beta 2.0 and a few weeks in is when I started getting this error.. Figured that a simple update to 2.0 when it came out would fix it, but turned out that it didn't. I'm assuming this is the same thing for you. Lady on the phone said that it was probably just a bug in the coding from the beta software that I just happened to get so I needed to have a clean install.

PSS. AIR Browser... AIR Device Info... Air Hockey (was not expecting the third one.. Made me laugh for some reason?) ANYWAYS!
    Thanks for chiming in here. I have never done anything beyond a typical user (never did a bata, wipe, or any of that stuff), hoping that not messing with it would keep me away from problems. Not the case! I am having problems with the browser and android player too, so I guess I will wipe it.
    02-26-12 02:16 PM
    Thanks for chiming in here. I have never done anything beyond a typical user (never did a bata, wipe, or any of that stuff), hoping that not messing with it would keep me away from problems. Not the case! I am having problems with the browser and android player too, so I guess I will wipe it.
    Yeah, Sorry man.. You were just one of the unlucky ones as was I (moreso you because you didn't even screw around with the beta).

Pretty much sucks and all, but at least it'll save you an hour waiting/on the phone with BlackBerry Tech Support :P

Good luck man! Glad I could help!
    02-26-12 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD