After upgrading to 1.0.5 and doing various updates in App World earlier, I now find I cannot access App World on the PB- I only get the background. Same after restarting/turning off.

Browser and wifi are fine. App World is accessible on PC.

Any one else have the same issue?
    06-07-11 08:01 AM
    I am experiencing the same. App World is not connecting
    mityaraskolnikov likes this.
    06-07-11 08:25 AM
    Works fine for me.
    06-07-11 09:16 AM
    Tried accessing through browser .. got "unsupported operating system".. duh?
    06-07-11 09:37 AM
    I had that problem twice, went to work, tried again and it had fixed itself. My first attempts were immediately after the update. Have you tried getting on App World again since?
    06-07-11 10:31 AM
    Still no go for me.
    06-07-11 11:28 AM
    same here LOL
    06-07-11 11:55 AM
    Another thread started in the playbook forum after this thread got moved to the apps forum and it was suggested that it might be due to appworld overloaded with requests.

However, I factory swiped the BB and did the upgrade and was able to access appworld.

However I then restored from backup made earlier after the first upgrade this morning and then couldn't access appworld again.

I still get a notification re upgrade available for mapapp althought I had already applied that earlier. I wonder if it an app that is causing the problem.

Anyways, I will swipe again and restore manually from appworld.
    06-07-11 01:32 PM
    still no app world for me, and I have noticed that BBM has disappeared as well
    06-07-11 02:08 PM
    Mine worked all day until now.

No nothing but the colored blobs showing.

It did work most of the day until now.

Tim
    06-07-11 02:48 PM
    just got off the phone with tech support .. did a new install of the update .. wiped the units to reinstalling apps now..but its working
    06-07-11 04:33 PM
    I have the same problem. It was working fine this morning but now I get only the colour blobs of the start-up screen
    06-07-11 06:10 PM
    They answered the support ticket I put in...fast reply too. See email from them below.

Tim

"Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support. We are pleased to assist you."

"We are in fact performing maintenance on App World this evening into tomorrow morning. Let me know if this is still happening by tomorrow at noon."

"Thank you again for contacting us. Have a great day."
    highos and Foreverup like this.
    06-07-11 06:42 PM
    "Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support. We are pleased to assist you."

"We are in fact performing maintenance on App World this evening into tomorrow morning. Let me know if this is still happening by tomorrow at noon."

"Thank you again for contacting us. Have a great day."
    I hope that's all the issue is. Considering how I can't get a proper application data backup via blackberry desktop software as it still fails, I really do not want to do a security wipe just to make App World work again.

Another affected user
    06-08-11 08:05 AM
    Still down and it is after noon.

Updated my ticket with RIM and waiting to see what they say now.

Tim
    06-08-11 01:04 PM
    same here, no app world at all
    06-08-11 02:53 PM
    I do get notification of upgrades available but appworld down for 4 hours now (only bubbles on background)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 05:58 PM
    Still down and it is after noon.

Updated my ticket with RIM and waiting to see what they say now.
    Same. This is getting annoying, especially considering it seems I can't even do a backup properly to try and reload the firmware via BDS.

Tim, where would I go if I wanted to make my own ticket, perhaps if they realize this is affecting other people someone might look into it a little more?

Thanks!
    06-08-11 07:17 PM
    Mine has been working since last evening after I wiped and reinstalled.
    06-08-11 07:33 PM
    Same. This is getting annoying, especially considering it seems I can't even do a backup properly to try and reload the firmware via BDS.
    Did you try with the latest DM update? It's supposed to fix the backups.
    06-08-11 07:51 PM
    For those individuals having trouble with App World, is your trouble logging into App World or is your trouble looking at specific apps? I ask as the following regularly occurs for after the upgrade to the OS.

For the following two apps, both of which no longer work since the new OS, I get the following error message: "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again". The apps that this occurs for are: Simple Notes and QuickCharts.

Interestingly, if you search for these apps, they no longer appear in App World although I still see them in my "Installed" lists of apps. Other apps, and using App World as you would expect work fine. It's only on these two apps that I get that error message.

So perhaps those who are having trouble looking for a specific app may be seeing this error. Which begs the question, does App World delete apps? Or is it possible that the devlopers have pulled these apps?
    06-09-11 01:57 AM
    For those individuals having trouble with App World, is your trouble logging into App World or is your trouble looking at specific apps?
    Neither. I think most of us that are having problems are trying to open App World and nothing comes up... just the background screen. That's what I'm getting anyway.
    06-09-11 02:15 AM
    Neither. I think most of us that are having problems are trying to open App World and nothing comes up... just the background screen. That's what I'm getting anyway.
    yup just bubbles here... or whatever they are in the background
    06-09-11 03:16 AM
    Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem.

Just bubbles......
    06-09-11 06:02 AM
    samsies over here
    06-09-11 05:55 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD