Trying to get some new apps on my playbook and whenever I try to install them, I get this error message (see attachment).

Anyone else having this problem?
    05-21-11 01:41 AM
    check your internet conection i just downlosdedsomething to chek if it was down or not it isnt
    05-21-11 01:46 AM
    check your internet conection i just downlosdedsomething to chek if it was down or not it isnt
    Internet works fine, I'm using the FB app and browser with no issues. I can even view the apps in App world, but when I go to My Apps or try installing a new app, I get that error.

Tried restarting the PB, no luck.
    05-21-11 01:48 AM
    I was getting the same error a few minutes ago trying to dload DOOM. I rebooted and its working now and I also just updated 5 other apps that had updates available.

If they were doing something, it seems to be done.
    05-21-11 01:51 AM
    Yes, I have the same message. I checked into App World on my phone to see if I could download something there and received a message that said "App World is down for maintenance, please check back later. This is the second time for me that I've received a message as the OP has on my Playbook - the first time was earlier in the week in the late evening; lasted for about 15 minutes and then everything was fine.

For reference: I'm in Canada.
    05-21-11 01:52 AM
    So I just restarted for the second time - seems to be running ok now. Very strange how we temporarily got the same error message.

I'm going to blame it on judgement day..
    05-21-11 02:01 AM
    tends to happen every night about this time. go to bed lol. usually works later u can try clearing the cache in appworld tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-11 02:15 AM
    in the Caribbean here and still getting the problem despite clearing the cache. any more ideas?
    05-21-11 07:08 AM
    when i open app world all i see is the background with the circles, its been like this for 2 days now? does anyone what i can do ? and im connected via wifi.
    05-21-11 10:01 AM
    Many folks have been speculating that the World was going to end today. Perhaps they meant App World. Just Saying....... :-)
    05-21-11 10:05 AM
    I'm having the same problem as latinstyle. Did App World eventually load for you?
    05-29-11 06:41 AM
    I'm having the same problem as latinstyle. Did App World eventually load for you?
    while in AppWorld, swipe up from the bottom left corner to bring up the keyboard.

type "R S T" (without the quotes), and you will receive a message indicating the service cache has been cleared.

close AppWorld, then relaunch.

it should work again.
    05-29-11 07:15 AM
    Thanks, osubass1, I tried your suggestion and it worked.
    05-29-11 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD