i have no problem buying from my bold and playbook. been like this for years already.

thanks

frank
    07-26-11 09:39 PM
    i tried my credit card and it didnt work for the app world on PB...i tried another one and it still didnt work...the bad thing on top of it, it showed it accepted the credit card twice when i tried buying aVNC...so it charged me while showing me error id 10000...what is the solution? by the way i live in dubai and only recently the telecom regulatory authority granted the consumers the privilage of using the app world...
    did BB rep inform whether they are working on a fix for this? obviously the paypal has its own issues so i will skip trying using it for a purchase...any tips?
    thanks...
    same, i live at Qatar, we also recently got the App World, my credit card never worked before until i created a new BBID.
    07-26-11 10:05 PM

Simply, from my tryings and testing everyday i found that
    a BBID that was created using BlackBerry smartphone won't work with PlayBook as it should.

so the fix is, get a new BBID, install it on the PlayBook at the initial setup
    Go add your payment details
    once your done, move your BlackBerry smartphone to the new BBID and everything should be fine till forever

07-26-11 10:13 PM
    That kinda sux because I already bought some app before this problem arise...if i create a new BBID, that would only means I have to buy the apps I paid...again?
    07-26-11 10:48 PM
    That kinda sux because I already bought some app before this problem arise...if i create a new BBID, that would only means I have to buy the apps I paid...again?
    Yes, yes & another yes.

I had 7 apps which I re-paid for 4 of them as these were the only ones important to me. I tried to contact RIM about that issue but they never got what I mean. Or maybe they did but as I told them it was fixed by having a new BBID they said why would we help him solve it when he got a new BBID and even if we fixed his old one he will never use it again.
    07-26-11 10:51 PM
    why RIM still haven't solve this problems yet? at least let the users buy apps from the websites. eff.
    Just wanted to let you know that at least one developer is concerned about problems with purchasing apps at App World using their PlayBook. I have been in communication with customer support for some time now regarding error 13000 and believe that RIM is actively working on the problems (although, as in many other areas of endeavor, progress is not nearly fast enough). I am not convinced that they know exactly how many people cannot buy apps because of these problems. I advise anyone who encounters a problem to email customer support and open an official incident. I recommend email rather than phone so that there is a paper trail (mine contains about 20 emails).

I would also like to request that this thread be made into a sticky so that users who encounter errors 10000 and 13000 (and possibly others) can post their problems here. I will inform customer service about the existence of the thread as I did with respect to a similar thread on the BB support forum.:

--------------------

Hello Maurice,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

We have submitted the request to investigate with our senior escalation team and will be conducting review and testing.

1. Issue with Error 10000.
    2. Multiple debits however no application download- Normally we would advise customer to contact us with regard to debit issues so that we could assist in investigation and help in reimbursement if required.

We appreciate you valuable feedback on this matter and thank you for bringing this concern to our attention.

We would check if there is anything else we could assist you with on this case?

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Buddie
    BlackBerry Customer Support
    Research In Motion Limited
    07-27-11 06:55 AM
    I had to change my BB ID due to email issues. I contacted the developers of a couple of apps I bought for my PlayBook and one of them got a response from RIM. RIM said to purchase each app again, then go to this tech support URL and report that you already purchased each app.

I put in one report for each app that I had to buy a second time (only two) and got refunds for both within 48 hours.

The form asks for your phone PIN, but you'll need to put in your PlayBook PIN. You should also give them your old BB ID email and the purchase/order number for the original purchase of the product, if you still have that. Also give them your new BB ID and the new purchase order.

HTH
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    07-27-11 07:44 AM
    Changing ID is not a solution to me, i do not want to repurchase my apps and having seperate ID for my BB & playbook is just too much hassle!

What is RIm doing??!
    07-31-11 02:43 AM
    Changing ID is not a solution to me, i do not want to repurchase my apps and having seperate ID for my BB & playbook is just too much hassle!

What is RIm doing??!
    Last Wednesday, I wrote an email follow-up to Customer Support asking them to monitor this thread. I have pasted my email and the response below:

----- Original Message -----
    To: Maurice Rice
    Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:22 PM
    Subject: Re: BlackBerry Customer Support Satisfaction Survey for Case - INC000022927590

Hello Maurice,

This is a great feedback.

I really appreciate your continuous support and sharing your valuable feedback to help us to help our customers.

I'm going to get my team to follow-up on this thread and see how best we could do reach out to the customers and offer help.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and support with BlackBerry products.

Please do continue to share your thoughts / feedback, this isn't nagging but valuable ideas to help us improve our support protocols and products.

Best Regards,

Regards,
    Pramod

-----------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 09:20 PM
    To: Pramod Chalak
    Subject: Re: BlackBerry Customer Support Satisfaction Survey for Case - INC000022927590

Hello again Pramrod

Hope you're not too upset with my nagging but I thought you might be iinterested in monitoring the following thread at crackberry.com. Recent entries on the thread indicate that the KB item on it's own isn't helping much. I know you are doing your best to resolve the issues but the public is quite impatient. Please let me know if there is anything I can do as a member of the forum to help improve your PR efforts

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...rd-fix-618200/

I love my PlayBook and I want RIM to succeed!

Thanks,
    Maurice
    M.Rizk likes this.
    07-31-11 07:22 AM
    Would you mind sharing them the thread @ RIM official forum?
    Re: Problem with payment authorization (error 1100... - Page 5 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I have posted all the error code & screenshot along with the steps I've taken.
    08-01-11 02:24 AM
    Would you mind sharing them the thread @ RIM official forum?
    Re: Problem with payment authorization (error 1100... - Page 5 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I have posted all the error code & screenshot along with the steps I've taken.
    Done, done and done! (now more than ten characters)
    08-01-11 05:58 AM
    I just spent around 3 weeks with the Playbook technical support area. After making lots of calls, installing, reinstalling, giving a credit card directly at the webstore, changing everything on paypal, making a security wipe, etc, etc., they realized it was a problem caused by them on.my Blackberry ID. So they asked me to make a new BB ID, of course you have to put a new email and change also the paypal primary email to be the same, and relate the new ID with paypal on the webstore. Then make a security wipe, put the new BB ID and the problem is solved, you can buy anything you want.

Apparently there is an error they can't fix with the Blackberry ID's and the new OSversion.

The huge problem that I have right now, is that they promised me they would change all my apps from the old ID to the new one. After one more week they are telling me now is not possible and I have to ask for a refund with the cutomer service, so I called this other dept., and they ask me to request a refund to each vendor. I'm really angry now with them.

I hope this helps somehow. Have a great day.
    08-07-11 02:19 AM
    I just spent around 3 weeks with the Playbook technical support area. After making lots of calls, installing, reinstalling, giving a credit card directly at the webstore, changing everything on paypal, making a security wipe, etc, etc., they realized it was a problem caused by them on.my Blackberry ID. So they asked me to make a new BB ID, of course you have to put a new email and change also the paypal primary email to be the same, and relate the new ID with paypal on the webstore. Then make a security wipe, put the new BB ID and the problem is solved, you can buy anything you want.

Apparently there is an error they can't fix with the Blackberry ID's and the new OSversion.

The huge problem that I have right now, is that they promised me they would change all my apps from the old ID to the new one. After one more week they are telling me now is not possible and I have to ask for a refund with the cutomer service, so I called this other dept., and they ask me to request a refund to each vendor. I'm really angry now with them.

I hope this helps somehow. Have a great day.
    Same, but I repaid for the important ones only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-11 09:57 AM
    Just found out this is NOT paypal issue, it's RIM programming!!!

The reason we can't purchase the app is because it detect our IP address as something else other than one of the few major country like US.

I am from Malaysia and although it was suppose to be one of the supported region as per RIM Kbase, but after switching my IP to US-based via Proxy...i was able to purchase the app!!!

No more error 9300 or 11000. Rim, please sort this out!
    08-23-11 08:09 AM
    just a thought, why it seem hard for RIM to fix this issue? this will surely increase the interest of the developers / programmers to develop more games and applications that will help playbook to pick-up "sales"... is RIM is really serious about the further improvement of playbook?...
    08-23-11 12:40 PM
    i had the same Error 10000 problem on both my Bold and Playbook. After gettin nowhere with RIM support, I was able to solve this by logging into blackberry.com and changing the email address on my Blackberry ID. I then was able to go to my Playbook and purchase apps using the new email address without havng to do a security wipe.

Hope this helps.
    08-28-11 08:06 PM
    I was having problems with app world I was using a gmail account switching to another gmail gave the same problem, creating a hotmail email solved the problem. Since I hate hotmail what I did was to put an auto forward on hotmail to my gmail account
    Last edited by elokito; 08-28-11 at 10:32 PM.
    08-28-11 10:19 PM
    I am also having problem with appworld. purchased a few weeks ago no problem. tried to purchase file & folders last night and could not, had to take the trial version thatonly last for three days
    09-04-11 11:33 PM
    I faced the same problem, and wasted several hours with technical support with no luck - however the solution turned out to be adding a new confirmed bank account to my paypal account (as i had closed my previous bank account) - because somehow not having a confirmed bank account (and i guess also other things can influence this in paypal) limits your spending limit to below the needed $1500 by blackberry so in the end you can't buy apps but now that I added a new bank account to paypal and confirmed it I could purchase apps from appworld through paypal again
    01-04-12 06:05 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD