i check the app world just about everyday, but yesterday it had a new layout. now when i click categories im presented with two choices: apps and games.

anyone else getting this?
    07-08-11 06:27 AM
    Yep i see the same thing

Edit: I've also noticed, going into some of the categories, and then selecting "free" it displays nothing even though there are free apps in that category.
    Last edited by manofice; 07-08-11 at 06:54 AM.
    07-08-11 06:52 AM
    Ya, you should also notice that the paid and all categories give the same list of apps.
    07-08-11 08:15 AM
    I haven't a chance to check yet, but can I now search from within a category? Last time I checked I could only search from the top level, not from within categories... would be a nice feature...
    07-08-11 08:55 AM
    wow!! Reallly cooll!

Glad ya like it, but it seems RIM is working more on the PB App world then the PB itself.

Tim
    07-08-11 08:57 AM
    too bad clicking "free" shows nothing in any category now, despite there being free apps.

Who QC's this stuff? Hopefully not the storm 9530 guy

So now maybe we can get search within a category, and possibly some different icons for all the different types of games, just as the apps categories are.
    07-08-11 09:04 AM
    where are the freaking apps?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???? EMAIL, CALENDAR, CONTACTS, THE ABILITY TO SHARE DATA, Evernote, kindle, nook, angry birds, taskmanager pro, lastpass?????????????????????????????????????????? ?? 'SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE' WHAT IS THAT???????
    People really should stop cpmplaining about the lack of apps...... Research and read there was a lot of bad reviews months before the PB was released so why did people went with it? ......RIM said apps were coming, but they said by the end of summer......I think Im going to quit reading this threads in this website.
    07-08-11 09:09 AM
    where are the freaking apps?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???? EMAIL, CALENDAR, CONTACTS, THE ABILITY TO SHARE DATA, Evernote, kindle, nook, angry birds, taskmanager pro, lastpass?????????????????????????????????????????? ?? 'SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE' WHAT IS THAT???????
    Wow that wasn't immature at all!
    07-08-11 11:00 AM
    wow!! Reallly cooll!

Glad ya like it, but it seems RIM is working more on the PB App world then the PB itself.

Tim
    I think rim has different teams working on different portions(app world and playbook os). App world did need work though I doubt any major changes will be seen until the next update (pretty sure they'll have the new app world in that).

As for the troll posting in Red don't quote him it only makes him post more hopefully a mod will ban him or suspend him for posting like a moron.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 11:32 AM
    I feel a little let down by the lack of apps and other issues with my pb, but it's still the best of the tablets and it will come. Patience is the key here. I just hope they don't bring out a PB2 that blows the original out of the water!
    07-08-11 06:31 PM
    i check the app world just about everyday, but yesterday it had a new layout. now when i click categories im presented with two choices: apps and games.

anyone else getting this?
    I started a thread about this on the 6th -

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-right-628042/
    07-08-11 07:09 PM
    The apps still show under the All tab, probably just a glitch they are working out...

Wow that wasn't immature at all!
    RED makes it even angrier...
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 07-08-11 at 07:19 PM.
    07-08-11 07:13 PM
    youve got to admit tho.... appworld and music need to change the look? those backgrounds are fugly..... lets go with BB fashion and go black ?

shame you cant use your wallpaper as a background to appworld n music instead of that purple/red/mauve bubble thing for apps and the blu"k"e for music
    07-08-11 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD