Got my Playbook (16GB) at BB on Friday and am enjoying playing with it, it's a slick little device that is very responsive. Mostly I am using it with my wifi at home, but I have successfully bridged through my phone using the most recent download in the thread here (thanks to rrory for keeping that going, you're a hero).

My question may have been answered before but I can't find it searching. I can't connect to App World when bridged. Is that correct or is there something I'm missing? Thanks!

My first thought on running this thing was how much faster it was than my Dell Laptop running over the same wireless. Windows is going to have to step up its game! It's so bloated and slow compared to what I can do with a browser on a stripped-down device like this one! Wonder if anyone is writing viruses for the PB OS yet....
    10-03-11 08:48 AM
    Well I was just wondering the same.
    AppWorld does not seem to work without Wifi; I get a message "check your wireless network" (translated from french).
    Any guru ?
    10-03-11 09:07 AM
    Appworld doesn't work via bridge, possibly because it won't know where you are via IP address (bridge goes through servers in Canada) and you might get access to apps your geographic location might not allow. Or so the supposition is.
    10-03-11 09:12 AM
    Appworld doesn't work via bridge, possibly because it won't know where you are via IP address (bridge goes through servers in Canada) and you might get access to apps your geographic location might not allow. Or so the supposition is.
    BES auth lighter than BIS ? Maybe I've missed something, sry in that case.

EDIT: this : http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...mobile-656786/ seems to go in the RWD's answer. In that case, an american seems to be located outside U.S if using bridge. My bad then.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-03-11 at 09:28 AM.
    10-03-11 09:21 AM
    Aha. OK, that makes sense. I didn't know if it was me and something I had neglected to configure. Thanks!
    10-03-11 09:56 AM
    I can't get App World to via internet tethering either. It is a pain when I am at work and don't have access to wifi. I was one of the few people that actually gave up my AT&T unlimited plan for the tethering plan before the bridge app was updated. now I see no reason to pay the extra $10 a month, but I'm stuck now and can't get my unlimited plan back. It would be worth it if App World would recognize it!
    10-03-11 04:33 PM
    Anything changed for connecting to AppWorld via Bridge? It sucks not being able to access the AppWorld while at work.
    05-29-12 01:24 PM
    Anything changed for connecting to AppWorld via Bridge? It sucks not being able to access the AppWorld while at work.
    Nope. And it remains a complaint of many.

Your work doesn't have Wi-Fi?
    05-29-12 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD