Is there anything that I need to do to make Android apps work on the Playbook? I have 2.0 installed successfully and I'm just wondering if there is anything else I need to do. Will I see Android apps in App World?

Many thanks everyone! I'm fairly new to this, so any help will be appreciated!
    02-21-12 07:49 AM
    you will see android apps which the creaters have submitted to appworld.
    hundreds of them
    but they arent specifically listed as android apps
    and there will be thousands more added in the coming weeks.
    02-21-12 07:53 AM
    This sounds fantastic, thanks! So, there is nothing else I need to do to enjoy the Android apps, woohoo!!!!

I'M LOVING THIS LITTLE DEVICE! Especially considering I only paid $140 for the 32GB. I really hope that this catches on as much as I think it will!

Good job RIM!
    02-21-12 08:02 AM
    Do a search for Handster at the App World, do believe all these are Android apps!
    02-21-12 08:18 AM
    I downloaded 3 "android" apps and none of them are opening. They download fine but when I tap them nothing happens. Any thoughts?
    02-21-12 08:53 AM
    restart your playbook, i only have one, and its running fine. which three are you using/trying to use?
    02-21-12 08:54 AM
    Bible by Handster, Dolphin Browser and a random tank game just downloaded to test called tank wars. Tried the hard reset and still not working...
    02-21-12 09:08 AM
    Dont these apps have to be opened in the Android Player?
    Where do I find it? I cant see the Android Player anywhere.
    02-21-12 09:12 AM
    The Android player is, I believe, native and transparent - so there won't be an icon for it. Ported Android apps will just work.
    02-21-12 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD