When I go to app world, the circle just spins, never get to app world. I also went to software updates and the same happens there. I went to my wifes Playbook and tried and got the same results. Anyone else having problems? I downloaded a book on Kobo and everything works fine there, and everything else is fine. Thanks.
    05-08-12 08:13 AM
    Router problem? Try rebooting your router.
    05-08-12 08:15 AM
    I just tried accessing BlackBerry AppWorld from the BlackBerry PlayBook and was successful. (Canada, 08 May 2012, 14:47 GMT).
    05-08-12 08:48 AM
    Rebooted router, still doen't work. I am in Iowa.
    05-08-12 09:02 AM
    Finally angry birds seasons update!!!!
    05-08-12 10:02 AM
    Finally angry birds seasons update!!!!
    Lol! I thot you were kidding so I took a look. You're right!! Year of the Dragon baby!
    05-08-12 11:16 AM
    dang, now I have to wait till I get home to update Seasons...
    05-08-12 11:18 AM
    Hi Chappy,

I was having the same problems with App World last night & this morning. I wanted to install the new Lara Croft game and things went well till the download step started, or should I say stalled. Funnily, I got the email saying the purchase had gone thru. But no Lara Croft on my home screen or in AppWorld My World, neither under the installed nor uninstalled apps. Very frustrating. I tried the "solution" of changing the year to a future year, restart the PB, and reset the year to 2012 but it didn't work. Grrr...

Then I thought, let's troubleshoot this. So me, myself & I tried to download a free app. Didn't work. Got the spinning green circle. Clearly it wasn't my BBID or account settings.

Then I thought, what if, when I reset the year to 2012, I missed resetting the date & time to "auto"? And indeed I had. So I did it again. Set the year to 2013. Restarted the PB. Reset the year to 2012 and tapped "auto" "on" for the date & time. Then voil� AppWorld was back working. The free app downloaded no problem. I went to buy Lara Croft again and got a message saying "you have already purchased this item" and it immediately began downloading.

Thought I'd share this with yall before I go to join Lara on our next adventure.

But I have to say, what a counter-intuitive workaround!??*#/! I can kinda see how online software purchases might require the 2 systems (i.e., AppWorld itself and the PB device) to have coinciding dates & times. If the date and time settings are throwing AppWorld into a conniption, why can't RIM sort this out??? Can't AppWorld itself check to see if your PB date and time match theirs and if not, give the user a warning? A little too flaky for my liking.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 05-08-12 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Clarify
    05-08-12 11:22 AM
    dang, now I have to wait till I get home to update Seasons...
    I hate when that happens. I'm such a child in that. It's all I can think about until I can get the update. Sad but true. Good thing my husband really loves me.
    05-08-12 11:24 AM
    Ok, I left home, came back, and it is running great.
    05-08-12 11:40 AM
    Yay! Glad it worked itself out.
    chappy319 likes this.
    05-08-12 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD