It's not working for me here either in the UK as of yesterday. I had changed my PayPal payment info yesterday and assumed that that was what had mucked it up, but it seems that perhaps it's a service issue instead?

Anyone else in the UK having this problem?
    Last night was deffo fine - I changed my credit card info, bought Files&Folders, downloaded, and launched it fine. Browsed around for a while, and everything was cool. No experience this morn though.

Maybe the issue is Angry Birds Space being uploaded?? (yeah I know - we wish!) [/speculation]
    03-22-12 05:16 AM
    It just let me in for a grand total of roughly 2 seconds then booted me out again. Progress, I suppose
    03-22-12 07:02 AM
    is this going to be like the international BBM outage scandal version 2?
    03-22-12 07:29 AM
    Oho! I'm back in as of a few minutes ago. Fingers crossed this time it's for more than just a few hours

Really, RIM could avoid us having a lot of angst and worry by just saying: hey we have a problem, we're working on fixing it, please bear with us. At least then we know something is happening.
    03-22-12 07:33 AM
    Oho! I'm back in as of a few minutes ago. Fingers crossed this time it's for more than just a few hours

Really, RIM could avoid us having a lot of angst and worry by just saying: hey we have a problem, we're working on fixing it, please bear with us. At least then we know something is happening.
    RIM can't be bothered. So much for their commitment to better relations with developers! And it would be nice if someone from this Site would reach out to RIM. A good portion of the site and the fora touts and reviews new apps.
    El Cid likes this.
    03-22-12 07:45 AM
    Is BB APP WORLD in the process of being updated? Does anyone have official word?
    03-22-12 07:51 AM
    what online game servers do, have announcement popups come on your screen when the servers are down so you know what's going on. Blizzard probably makes more than RIM, Apple, and Google combined now though from all their warcrack addicts lol
    03-22-12 07:52 AM
    8:00 AM central time. Still down in South East Wisconsin. Now can't even get onto app world through BB web site. Argh!
    Need more to send news tip to en gadget.com etc. Sent tip last night. Maybe that will get RIMs atention?
    03-22-12 08:08 AM
    in toronto it's down.
    03-22-12 08:24 AM
    Interesting. It is working in Seattle, WA at 7:21am. And it was working yesterday when I upgraded to apps and purchased two new apps late yesterday afternoon and evening, local time. I just upgraded Switchballs. Yesterday I got picshop and Exoplanets. Upgraded Files&Folders and something else.

I don't think "carriers" are involved in the pb at all. Now isp's are a different story. Some reason to block the rim servers?
    03-22-12 09:23 AM
    App World up and running in South East Wisconsin as of 9:30 AM
    03-22-12 09:29 AM
    It kicked me out again. Then I went in a second time immediately afterwards and it worked. It almost seems random now.
    03-22-12 09:45 AM
    No problems here. Canada British Columbia.
    03-22-12 10:57 AM
    If you're using a proxy it may think you're somewhere else. Other than that All I can offer is perhaps network issues with your isp??

Of course the three finger salute (hard reset) may solve it too.
    Last edited by stewartj1; 03-22-12 at 04:36 PM.
    03-22-12 04:30 PM
    I think they may have done an update to the server side of App World. Some of thevscreens have changed and they look a bit more vibrant to me.
    03-22-12 04:35 PM
    My daughter, Metro Atlanta, att, is having similar issues. Had a notice of an app update. Updated, then App World popped up and said her country was not supported! Can no longer browse APP World, only see her existing apps. WTF! I live 2 miles away, also att, and NO ISSUES with App World, including making a purchase during this same time period. Of course finding any kind of documentation is IMPOSSIBLE!! Come on RIM, tell us what is going on!!!!
    03-22-12 05:30 PM
    I'm in Toronto Canada. Same problem, App world not available in your country. WTF
    03-22-12 06:09 PM
    Had the same problem with app world since yesterday. Just did a hard reset and app world works fine now. Hope that fixes the problem for everyone. To perform a hard reset hold down the volume up and down and the power button at the same time for about 15sec. It works best if you start with the volume up then volume down then power button.

OK well app word was working for awhile now it stopped working again. Wish we had a clue why this is happening.
    Last edited by littleez10; 03-22-12 at 06:36 PM.
    03-22-12 06:23 PM
    I just got off the phone with RIM about this issue. one hour twelve minutes later no resolution was found. First I was told it was likely the IP address from my carrier. Nope not that he confirmed my IP was Toronto Canada. He was unaware of any updates to the servers but has escalated my issue. I should expect an answer by Monday. I hope it don't take that long.
    03-22-12 08:20 PM
    Working for me in Calgary.
    03-22-12 09:02 PM
    Wasn't working for me so I tweeted Alec Saunders, never got a reply.
    03-22-12 09:12 PM
    I just got off the phone with RIM about this issue. one hour twelve minutes later no resolution was found. First I was told it was likely the IP address from my carrier. Nope not that he confirmed my IP was Toronto Canada. He was unaware of any updates to the servers but has escalated my issue. I should expect an answer by Monday. I hope it don't take that long.
    Whenever you get the type of bull nonsense you have described it's easy to ascertain that the moron at the RIM end is reading instructions from a f*****g script. Why did you bother to allow the conversation to continue along that path? I have no patience for level one support idiocies such as the one questioning a customer's carrier. Carrier? Really? All PlayBooks connect via WiFi except when bridged, so if you are not using bridge that should be made clear to the CSR from the onset of the conversation, ISPs are not commonly referred to as carriers, to keep it short and sweet: the morons at RIM are screwing up again, hoping that this problem goes by unnoticed and thus hoping it doesn't get the press coverage they fear, seems like another nail in the RIM coffin, RIM = the new Palm.
    03-23-12 08:39 AM
    I was able this morning to use App World downloaded and app...
    Had a problem and deleted Zinio, the went to reinstall... now same error coming up again!

Guessing it's a RIM server thing still... but frustrating!
    03-23-12 10:05 AM
    Still not available for me this morning Quebec Canada.
    Honestly how long does it take for Rim to fix problems lately.
    03-23-12 10:11 AM
    Try the two fingered rapid tapping on left half of screen while it is starting up, like a drum roll. Will still show the error message but when you click OK will be in one of the featured apps then can go back to main screen. Works with about 50% success rate.
    03-23-12 10:17 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD