Is there an app for editing videos you take with the PB video camera? Ive searched the internet and found nothing except a program called Jaycut ... which is for on-line editing and is very very expensive.
    Thanks
    02-27-12 07:36 AM
    Jaycut may end up not being very expensive, once it's actually available again. They were bought by RIM a year ago (give or take) and it's expected that at some point the feature will be available in some fashion for the PlayBook. Nothing official has been stated and no timeline given.

I don't think there's anything current that would suffice as an alternative, short of just moving the files to a PC or Mac and using some popular package there.
    kingzogofalbania likes this.
    02-27-12 08:08 AM
    I'm not sure you could even do it efficiently with 500 meg of memory. The rendering alone would take up all the resources available.
    kingzogofalbania likes this.
    02-27-12 09:05 AM
    Ios has a couple video editing apps so it's not impossible.
    02-28-12 01:25 AM
    Called??...
    02-15-13 03:10 PM
    Called??...
    on iOS? iMovie, Avid Studio, Pinnacle Studio (same app, just renamed), Lumify, there are probably others.

is there even an audio editing app for the PlayBook yet? I would like to edit podcasts.
    02-16-13 12:01 AM
    the workaround... map the playbook network drive in to your pc. - get SpashtopHD for your pc and the app for pb. - then you can log into your pc from your playbook, and use the pc as the editing space. I do it all the time.. kinda hard though since the pb is all touch screen... but audio and vid come through real well. I use it alot... I do professional vid editing, and music production... also when I'm bored and wanna step out for a sig I can remotly sign in and play on my virtual dj... Splashtop solves a lot of headaches sometimes .
    02-16-13 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD