Just had a little scare. I was watching a video on the NFB app and something did not look right. On the top left corner of the screen there were two bright red lines about � inches long. After I exit the app, I noticed that I had a number 2 on the top left screen. It was a notification telling me that I had 2 apps that needed to be updated. After I clicked the update notification, the red lines went away.

I am glad that the red lines were part of the notification. I have seen the notification of Apps update but I do not remember seeing the red lines.
    01-05-12 02:14 AM
    If you are talking about the two red lines at the top left corner in the picture I have attached, then they are normal. Whenever there is a notification you should see these two red lines.

Totally normal.
    01-05-12 02:20 AM
    Yeah I had that happen to, when I first got my PB, it scared me lol. That will also appear when u bridge your BlackBerry phone to your PB and u get a message on BBM or a new email.
    01-05-12 02:22 AM
    Actually, what should appear are the names of any apps that have updates waiting for you to install. Click on one and it will automatically go to the App Store where you will be prompted to update. Nice feature knowing you're never going to be with outdated apps....unless, of course, you decide not to update them
    01-05-12 04:23 AM
    Not sure about this, or maybe I just haven't paid much attention to it, but I think the red corner lines just appear when you have another app open, and your playbook just found updates. Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it doesn't do that when you're on your home screen. Instead you just get the ( ! ) symbol.
    01-05-12 04:35 AM
    Not sure about this, or maybe I just haven't paid much attention to it, but I think the red corner lines just appear when you have another app open, and your playbook just found updates. Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it doesn't do that when you're on your home screen. Instead you just get the ( ! ) symbol.
    I've seen the red lines on my home screen too... plus the little black "!"/yellow envelope/whatever notification icons.

And, like everyone else , the red lines scared me witless the first time I saw them as I thought I had a failing screen and the pixels in that corner were stuck at red. I had a bad few seconds whilst I thought it through! LOL

This feature of PB almost needs a sticky in it's own right because I've read several panic'ed "OMG, my screen is broken!!!" posts over the months.
    01-05-12 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD