Hello Playbook community..

Sorry if there is another thread for it.

Just wondering: is it annoying and irritating for you to see so many "BDSM"-topic books?

I do not want to sound like "old fart" but I kinda interested in your opinion.

Thanks
    05-20-12 04:57 PM
    No but what does bother me is these and other books are always what you see when looking at what is new. They need a book section and exclude them from what is new. The search function is terrible also.
    05-20-12 05:10 PM
    I don't care as much about the content as long as the cover pic and title are not too explicit.

What worries me more is that e-books and now audiobooks have consistently been a large portion of newly submitted apps (about 40-60% on average for many many months now), whereas books should not be classified as standalone apps at all.

Wonder what percentage of the 15,000 (or whatever it is now) apps are simply books.

I have a suspicion that RIM encourages Digi-Media, S4BB, and similar developers to spam the AppWorld to boost the app count.
    05-20-12 05:15 PM
    I don't care so much for the BDSM books, however, the ever growing number of games really annoys me.

Honestly, I really don't mind. I think it is very important that App World is filled with content. Let me tell you a secret......size does matter. There could be some improvement in the organization and functionality of App World, but I have no objections against books. In addition, if you feel this is problematic content for you or your family, just use a different filter (swipe from the top in App World and then change settings or so). I have said this before, even if you don't want to buy (or see) this, there is a market for this.

Have a nice day
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-20-12 05:17 PM
    The search function is terrible also.
    Terrible is putting it kindly. You'd better be armed with the exact title, spacing, and punctuation or you won't be able to find what you're looking for. It's ridiculous!
    05-20-12 05:18 PM
    It would be so easy to improve App World's usability, but RIM don't seem to be bothered.

Things like being able to view more than the last 25 new additions is basic stuff, but it can't be done.

As for all the books, I agree. Far too much, but what can you do.

And don't get me onto the rip-off UK pricing that RIM don't seem to realize is borderline fraud. You can't advertise "All apps for $0.99" and then charge 1. That is actually against the advertising regulations and I'm amazed nobody has reported them over here yet. If I remember rightly, Apple tried the same thing years ago and got into trouble for it.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-20-12 06:55 PM
    There should be Games, Apps, and Books, because there's a constant stream of new books

The number of sex books in New Arrivals is 'noticeable'

Also, to me it seems like new apps that are featured on CrackBerry aren't in New Arrivals
    05-20-12 07:20 PM
    Ya. I see Puss 'n Boots and other X rated books. Just awful.
    05-20-12 09:25 PM
    I thought that is why our tablet called PlayBOOK...
    kennyliu likes this.
    05-20-12 09:28 PM
    I thought that is why our tablet called PlayBOOK...
    Which explains some of these threads about one not being able to remove what appears to be "etched" water spots on their screens.
    05-20-12 09:47 PM
    Terrible is putting it kindly. You'd better be armed with the exact title, spacing, and punctuation or you won't be able to find what you're looking for. It's ridiculous!
    I have filed a bug report for this because the search on the App World website does not exhibit the same problem. The terrible search behavior on App World on the PlayBook is hurting developers big time.
    05-21-12 12:15 AM
    The section ...Utilities/Utilities is way too large - needs breakup into smaller pieces. Doc Neutron
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    05-21-12 09:23 PM
    Thanks for the replies
    05-21-12 11:24 PM
    If they are going to allow that on the store they should have parental controls or a password to enter the store. I don't mind them myself, considered buying some. It makes me nervous for when my four year old that can read uses my playbook.

There is even an oral s*x Kama Sutra app. That would be a difficult conversation that I'm not ready for. (PS the app isn't worth it, only a single page)
    05-21-12 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD